Let's face it, it's best for MMA if Conor beats Nate

sharkmandude

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I wanted Nate to win the first one, but he's got his. Conor brought excitement to the UFC that hadn't been seen in awhile. Could you get hyped for Conor/Aldo 2 if Conor loses to Nate? Because it'd be hard for me. And there's nothing else really going on other than GSPs potential return.

Conor beats Nate, gets his hype back, faces aldo as the main event for 205 with hype overload.

Dana bless.

It's from almost every angle "better" if Conor wins. But it's not a disaster if he loses either. When Rampage knocked out Chuck in the first minute of their second match it seemed like the end of the world for the entire promotion (considering how Chuck had amassed such a major mainstream recognition by those days standards), but it recuperated well beyond where it was.

Its best for humanity and the future of our universe as a whole.

diaz bless

stocktonslap.gif

If McGregor loses I don't believe it'll hurt as much as people may think. With WME as the new owners they'll work to build more on the personalities of fighters. I'm guessing we'll see more out of ring segments and being seeing fighters on more talk shows, etc.

Most of the fighters see the Conor, and to a lesser degree Chael Sonnen's blueprint as a self promoter and are jumping on board with that.

I wanted Nate to win the first one, but he's got his. Conor brought excitement to the UFC that hadn't been seen in awhile. Could you get hyped for Conor/Aldo 2 if Conor loses to Nate? Because it'd be hard for me. And there's nothing else really going on other than GSPs potential return.

Conor beats Nate, gets his hype back, faces aldo as the main event for 205 with hype overload.

Dana bless.
Oh shut up.

It would help the UFC promote Conor for sure, but MMA ultimately won't feel much of a setback.

I think Nate is going to beat Conor again and I really hope Conor bounces back well from this fight. He adds a lot of excitement to MMA and I'd like to get back to rooting for him and watching him take people out; I'd like to see him get his aura back. I'm still kinda pissed that Conor fought Nate the first time. He had a good shot at beating RDA (whom I also like) and making history.

Nate will get a lot of good promotion should he win, and hopefully more people start get hyped for his fights, as they should have been all along.

UFC's interest is trilogy. Conor by TKO.

Is that why they're planning a fix for the rematch? More money for the UFC, more money for both fighters if Nate loses and a trilogy is made?

Dana bless.

Lie to yourself..

It's best for MMA if the fighter with the best skill set wins.

it's Nate
5gMB9Xd.gif

In all honesty it wouldn't matter in the long run, one falls other rise

Back