Let's be honest, Dana White wants to see that kind of sh*t.

S

supark

Dana will cut Palhares? Wake up guys. Dana likes stuff like that because he thinks people will tune in to Palhares' future fights now even more. Everything that promotes a UFC event is something Dana likes. When Mir said he would tear off JDS' limbs, Dana didn't say anything cause it hypes the event, right? I mean Mir broke bones before.

Let's be honest. Palhares is a piece of sh*t. Dude has done that a billion times in the past. Twice in pre UFC fights (I just watched those fights a few minutes ago on youtube), once in a grappling tournament against David Avellan. Then in the UFC against Drwal and now against Pierce.
I think that is at least the same as a suckerpunch, I mean you are destroying a guy's career by tearing apart his knee.

Dana likes that stuff. Everything that brings more viewers is good and everybody who knows Dana from his interviews knows what I am saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah man, that shit totally worked out for Paul Daley.

I agree with you.... all Dana wants is to be "interesting" either by shit talking, in-ring antics or what have you... as far as Semtex goes, he did that to Kos and Kos at the time was far more interesting than Semtex

prolly some truth to that, but on the other hand babalu got let go for holding a choke if i am not mistaken so it works both ways

no he doesnt, dana is supposedly the one who made the decision to not award him a bonus. he wants to make the sport mainstream, shit like that will hold it back

The Suckerpunch happened AFTER the fight, what Palhares does happens kinda "During" the fight.

Actually once the ref jumps in the fight is over, so, technically, it happened AFTER the fight
:)
Jus sayin

untitleeddp11.gif

Got him his walking papers.

As long as its legal. Dana likes it. Holding holds too long is not legal. The antics and other stuff he likes. Just dont make rape or gay jokes.

Dana will cut Palhares? Wake up guys. Dana likes stuff like that because he thinks people will tune in to Palhares' future fights now even more. Everything that promotes a UFC event is something Dana likes. When Mir said he would tear off JDS' limbs, Dana didn't say anything cause it hypes the event, right? I mean Mir broke bones before.

Let's be honest. Palhares is a piece of sh*t. Dude has done that a billion times in the past. Twice in pre UFC fights (I just watched those fights a few minutes ago on youtube), once in a grappling tournament against David Avellan. Then in the UFC against Drwal and now against Pierce.
I think that is at least the same as a suckerpunch, I mean you are destroying a guy's career by tearing apart his knee.

Dana likes that stuff. Everything that brings more viewers is good and everybody who knows Dana from his interviews knows what I am saying.

No Way - Definitely a good move by Dana to pull the award. It's a sweet, badass finish like that that Dana loves, but just as important is showing that this is a "sport" and that there are rules, the fighters are professional and spotsman-like, etc. BRUTALITY is great in this sport. But "unsportsmanlike conduct" deinitely is not.

If thats the case Dana has a weird way of showing how he likes it...'
Not giving a guy hos 50K bonus as a appreciation.

Also if Dana loves it so much why did he say this about the babalu cut back in 2007:
White said during a conference call Thursday that he had terminated Sobral's contract because of the incident. White was asked if he thought the reaction to the choke was being blown out of proportion.

"This is the fight game and things happen," White said. "If he had an arm or a knee or an ankle, I think he should never fight in this sport ever again. He held the choke a little too long and yeah, it was wrong. I think you saw the response from the fans.
"Babalu is a fan favorite, (but) they turned on him immediately. He blew it. He's been cut from his contract, too. He made a big mistake."

That does not sound like a man that loves this kind of things..

Nope. Dana likes harmless hype. What Palhares did is potentially damage an investment. The risk of losing a fighter due to injury is greater than the potential fan base increase (if there is one) for a fighter who acts like a jerk.

I actually don't think what Palhares did was as bad as it is being made out to be, but Dana doesn't want to see fighters unnecessarily injured.

Nope. Dana likes harmless hype. What Palhares did is potentially damage an investment. The risk of losing a fighter due to injury is greater than the potential fan base increase (if there is one) for a fighter who acts like a jerk.

I actually don't think what Palhares did was as bad as it is being made out to be, but Dana doesn't want to see fighters unnecessarily injured.

I think the problem with what he did is that it's not like he was choking him out or something and just wanted to hold on for a second longer to try to put him to sleep and make it look cooler/make him look more badass. Heel Hooks can totally screw up someone's leg post fight/for the rest of their lives. There's a huge difference when it's someone like Palhares and it's a heel hook.

The Suckerpunch happened AFTER the fight, what Palhares does happens kinda "During" the fight.
What Palhares did was after the first tap, after the second tap, after the ref told him to stop, and after the ref pushed him, and yet he continued for a few seconds for good measure.

Seriously, that was some kind of post-fight crap you expect in a fixed pro wrestling match to build up a heel, not in a real competitive sport. You don't see a team sacking Peyton Manning again after the play and game is for all intensive purposes over while a referee holds them back.
Yeah man, that shit totally worked out for Paul Daley.
/thread.

you know what dana actually loves but pretends to hate?

peds/hgh/trt

Back