Crime Letitia James Under Pressure to Prosecute Jon Stewart for selling his New York home 829% over market value

Let’s see if they apply the same standard to Stewart as they do Trump. Curious…

Who could have ever guessed Jon Stewart was a missive hypocrite? My mind is fucking blown. Next you’re gunna tell me that news anchors get all their talking points from the political party that their constituents are privy to. Whatever you do, don’t ruin the news for me, people, I beg of you.

Recent updates to flooring and we did quartz counter tops.
Neighbor sold their place four offers took 15k over asking and no inspection.

Housing market now is hotter than 2017 for sure.

It wasn't a Penthouse when he bought it. It was 1 units he converted into a penthouse.
It is possible he got preferential treatment while updated to add value. Both can be true; clearly there is funny business if they allow T-money to do it.

It is possible he got preferential treatment while updated to add value. Both can be true; clearly there is funny business if they allow T-money to do it.

Its possible, not sure if its probable. Pretty sure T-Money's case is about his own valuations for purposes of borrowing vs taxation and there being pretty clear evidence of fraud so much so that other wealthy people are going "whaaa??? Since when is fraud illegal???"

no, but if you're going to hold the same standards, he defrauded the public by paying way below property taxes......

Except he didnt. That's not what happened because we're talking about different time periods.

no, but if you're going to hold the same standards, he defrauded the public by paying way below property taxes......
Not really. It is the city's responsibility to perform assessments on values of real estate for tax purposes. It has happened to me a few times and never once have I initiated. I'm not from NY but I am pretty sure there is no law stating Stewart had to provide updated appraisals at any point. If the city did not update their assessment that is on them. That is very different than Trump actually providing fraudulent information for tax purposes.

People on social media have called for New York Attorney General Letitia James to prosecute late-night show host Jon Stewart as she did former President Donald Trump after it was reported that Stewart sold his city apartment for $15.6 million more than it was worth.

On Wednesday, the New York Post reported that Stewart sold his Tribeca penthouse in 2014 for $17.5 million. At the time, the 6,280-square-foot property had a market value of about $1.882 million, according to the City of New York's Assessment Roll 2013-2014, making the sale price roughly 830 percent higher.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Jon Stewart sold his New York way over its market value and according to himself that is not a victimless crime.
derp....

for what crime? name the charges and why those statutes would apply.

did he even lie to the buyer about the dimensions of the house, or does that not even apply in this pathetic little apples-to-typewriters comparison?

maga trash are just mad that their fraudy orange rapist who they worship is a fraud so they are having another cry-cry and throwing irrelevant little whataboutism's around as if that's ever going to absolve orange crosby from his own unlawful actions.

they are incapable of defending their fraudy messiah, and they are desperate to come up with any kind of spin job to try to whatabout zesto molesto's unlawful activity away or try to downplay his activity and act like defrauding the state of new york is totally acceptable. so this is what they've resorted to.

lying to the banks about a property to take out a bigger loan is not the same as selling your house. but try telling that to these chuddy little mouth breathers. "donald trump defrauded the banks to take out a loan? well whatabout whatabout whatabout hunter biden's cock? and one time obama put a tan suit. and a fat chick played a flute. and oh yeah one time the hindenberg went down in flames. checkmate libtards!"

yeah have fun with this one. i'm sure they'll be indicting jon stewart for selling his house that he owned for the money that the buyer agreed to. any year now, just not this year.

They aren't the same situations but the most shocking thing to me is that a 6280 sq ft penthouse in Tribeca was valued at 1.882 million.

He was paying property taxes based on a ~$800K valuation.

Obviously defrauding the state and city of New York of their fair share of taxes... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

people really want to compare an apple to this typewrite but they seem to be ignorant about the actual market value of a property, or what someone would be willing to pay for it, the property’s taxable value was assessed by a governmental agency property appraiser, and they seem to be getting it mixed up with documentation about a property’s value submitted to a lender for the purposes of securing a loan.

It wasn't a Penthouse when he bought it. It was 2 separate units he converted into a penthouse.
Arent both based on tax assessor vs sale price?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back