• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Letitia James Under Pressure to Prosecute Jon Stewart for selling his New York home 829% over market value

selective prosecution, which violates the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment. the prosecutor singled someone out and promised a prosecution before they even got into office. watch this and tell us with a straight face how we're wrong.

You may have a legitimate point. However no one’s going to entertain anything you say when you can’t admit to some basic facts- two of them being:

1. He did in fact break the law

2. This has nothing to do with Stewart. Stewart did not commit fraud and he did not break the law.

If you stopped being so dishonest maybe someone would listen to you. I would look into it myself if you guys didn’t constantly waste my time by telling half truths and flat out lies

You may have a legitimate point. However no one’s going to entertain anything you say when you can’t admit to some basic facts- two of them being:

1. He did in fact break the law

biden broke the law
hillary broke the law
they all fucking broke the law

but there's one guy they selectively prosecute...

2. This has nothing to do with Stewart. Stewart did not commit fraud and he did not break the law.

If you stopped being so dishonest maybe someone would listen to you. I would look into it myself if you guys didn’t constantly waste my time by telling half truths and flat out lies

this jon stewart thing is a troll

You force me to answer your disingenuous question with a question. Why is Alan Weisselberg in prison?

they got him on something. how many goons you think would go to jail if they applied the law equally? this whole conversation is disingenuous from the left never admits to selective production.

actually @Blayt7hh kind of did

@Super_Nintendo
Perhaps you'll catch on with a little hint, though I doubt it, because you're a clod.

Do you know what a fiduciary duty is?

@Super_Nintendo
Perhaps you'll catch on with a little hint, though I doubt it, because you're a clod.

we're clods alright. explain to us good sir how the right is sitting back and doing fuck all about political prosecutions. we're 9 years deep in TDS, why the fuck are those good for nothings not playing the same game?

@Super_Nintendo

we're clods alright. explain to us good sir how the right is sitting back and doing fuck all about political prosecutions. we're 9 years deep in TDS, why the fuck are those good for nothings not playing the same game?

So, that would be a no, then.

They tried, there was no evidence and they folded like origami.

Yes I know that. John Stewart would have been paying taxes according to the tax assessor's estimation.

The Trump organization would have reported his home as a capital asset on their books which can make it reportable to the federal government in a number of ways.

That's why these are night and day different things. You're not comprehending my argument because you're not familiar with the case because you probably don't watch real news.

I kindly suggest you might want to find a different source of news, maybe one that could help you find a clue. The civil fraud case against Trump is with the state of New York absolutely nothing to do with the federal government in any number of ways at all, not even one.

These two situations are not night and day at all. First it shows what a dipshit John Stewart is, but we already knew that. It also shows how market value of a property can differ massively from the assessed value. That extreme difference should raise some questions regarding how the tax assessor could have honestly been that far off of market value clearly costing the county lots of property tax dollars, but there could be some legit reason.

In relation to the Trump case the sale of Stewart's property, which I have to assume was honestly sold at fair market value with no shenanigans, shows how it is extremely questionable how anyone could definitively make a case that Trump's appraised values were inflated especially on such a unique and historical property like Mar-a-Lago.

Who has been prosecuted for paying back a loan? Associated Press, who aren't exactly a bunch of Trumpers, tried to find a similar application and came up empty.
It is not a crime to pay back a loan. It is not a defense to mortgage fraud that you paid it back.

How are your questions related to the substance of this thread about Jon Stewert being a hypocrite for selling his house? Have you conceded the factual situations are totally different?

And just like that the Lefties are sticking up for a Jewish person again...... Its good to see that at least.

People on social media have called for New York Attorney General Letitia James to prosecute late-night show host Jon Stewart as she did former President Donald Trump after it was reported that Stewart sold his city apartment for $15.6 million more than it was worth.

On Wednesday, the New York Post reported that Stewart sold his Tribeca penthouse in 2014 for $17.5 million. At the time, the 6,280-square-foot property had a market value of about $1.882 million, according to the City of New York's Assessment Roll 2013-2014, making the sale price roughly 830 percent higher.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Jon Stewart sold his New York way over its market value and according to himself that is not a victimless crime.
Do you not understand the difference between selling it for more and between claiming it’s worth more to get a bigger loan, you great greasy gunt ?

Back