let ME educate you why the stoppage was horrible.

Yeah, I get both sides of this, least some people can actually talk about it without being a bitch, heh.

My view is based on the reaction to it all, both live and replays... references to too many fights to compare to. Well all love and appreciate walk off KO's, I just don't think it was that clear cut to call... and let's face it, Overeem is great at getting KO'd :)

Jairz spent what, 1 1/2 minutes or some shit in his last 3 UFC fights. Impressive. Dude could have taken 4 more seconds to either get a more legit TKO or secure the round, I personally let it go on, and instruct both fighters the shit is still on. I don't wait for one guy to be walking away, while the other fighter pops back up (wobbled or not) after clearly not being out cold. Again, It's not just knowing there's a few seconds left, it's that Overeem never was "done" and JR made a stupid choice to try and call his own fight.

He should have followed up MMA style and not resorted back to his kickboxing mentality. I would say he got LUCKY that the fight was called, because he probably lost the overall decision.

Yeah I'm in the camp where I have no problem with the stoppage but wouldn't have had a problem with it not being stopped either. There's a middle ground between a call being brilliant and terrible.

I do think that if he had got hit like that at any other point in the fight and Jair walks off and Reem gets up and wobbles around like he did that it would have been stopped, though.

I thought it was a good stoppage but he was not "out"...you cant jump up from a knockdown when you're out...and if you're gonna say he was out for a split second...being out for a split second is no reason to stop a fight.
A flash KO yes

Overeem was fucked and if that fight wasn't stopped, there was a big chance that Overeem was going to eat 1-3 more huge strikes.

If not for the fact the Overeem's top lip was split in half, I'd say it was an early stoppage. The cut bailed Dan out from an otherwise bad stoppage. Had Rozenstruik followed up instead of celebrating, I think Reem would've been put away though and that cut could've gotten even worse.

Back