let ME educate you why the stoppage was horrible.

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
So, it is crazy some people think that stoppage was proper using faulty reasonings. Let me educate you why that stoppage was bad.

I love watching Overeem get knocked out as much as the next guy and took immense joy when BF knocked him to another dimension, but that wasn't fair. I don't even like the guy, but that wasn't fair.

Not any more fair than when Dan stood up Nelsom from Arlovski's SIDE CONTROL. I mean, it looked worse live when he did it, text doesn't do it justice.

Thing is, some people are talking about how bad the cut is and justifying the stoppage. That's now how this game works. The refs don't look at the cut themselves, pause fo a second, and then decide oh no this cut is too bad to continue and call the fight. Can you imagine? You stop the fight and then get it checked out. You don't just stare at the cut, and then call the fight off yourself. That's ridiculous.

You stop the fight when the fighter is unable to continue off the strike, like getting knocked out, or not defending himself 'intelligently', whatever that's suppose to mean, none of which was happening at that moment.

It is true that Overeem was hurt badly, but he was getting up as soon as he got knocked down and stood right up. He wasn't that wobbly either. Also, it wasn't like Dan stopped right away, he stepped in, probably wasn't sure what he was doing, THEN stopped the fight.

Some may argue that he was hurt badly enough to not defend himself 'intelligently', but you don't stop the fight based off on speculations and what ifs. Because you are not God, nor is Dan, who can see the future, because everyone can speculate on what COULD happen, and you do not make your decision based on what you think WILL happen, but what IS happening in front of your eyes.

And like I said before, you stop the fight when the fighter is unable to continue off the strike, like getting knocked out, or not defending himself 'intelligently', whatever that's suppose to mean, none of which was happening at that moment.

Dan fucked up once again, and I mean reffing is hard. I don't even like Overeem. But if you don't think that Overeem got fucked over, then you are blind, or as smart as Overeem AFTER getting his brain scrambled..

What are you educating?
I’ll take the side of the third man in cage that night who was watching from 3ft away.
It was a fine stoppage.

it was a flash ko but reem was IMMEDIATELLY back up so i agree but ROZ walked off and forced the stoppage because it looked like Reem was out. Weird that if it wasn't stopped Reem would have won and ROZ thought he landed the ko and walked off but Reem wasn't out.

Just like Spider vs. Ping when ping got flash ko'd by spider at the bell but Herb didn't stop it and spider turned his back as well instead of follow up punches.

Last edited:
You're a Reem fan we get it.

Sorry about your butt

Stopping a fight based on what may happen is exactly what a ref is supposed to do. The ref is supposed to make a split second decision on whether or not it’s too dangerous to let a fighter continue. Sometimes, they err on the side of caution, but imagine being the ref who lets a fight continue and the fighter they didn’t rescue ends up seriously injured or worse. That would be awfully tough to live with.

He was out
I thought it was a good stoppage but he was not "out"...you cant jump up from a knockdown when you're out...and if you're gonna say he was out for a split second...being out for a split second is no reason to stop a fight.

They really should take away your ability to make threads. They are shit. Each and every one of them. That fight was over the second the punch landed. I do realize you are not all that bright, you prove it over and over again with your shitposting, but even you should be able to see the fight was over.

I could eat alphabet soup and shit a more coherent argument than that.

"Let me educate you..."<Lmaoo>

The strange thing is that Rozenstruik turned his back and walked away.....no one forced him to do that. If I were the ref, I would not have stopped the fight.....why would I? Seriously, why would I stop a fight in which one fighter knocks down the other and just walks away while the other jumps up. Reem was a bit wobbly but there was no follow up. Reem is an idiot for losing w 4 seconds to go and Rozenstruik could have been just as stupid for losing a fight for not following up...whomever lost this fight could be labeled an idiot. I can live with it either way.

Thing is, when Dan went in Rozen probably thought it was to wave it off so he turned away, but if Dan had stayed a few feet back Rozen most likely would have gone for the killer blow. Overreem would have lost either way but at least now he still has an upper lip.

What are you educating?
I’ll take the side of the third man in cage that night who was watching from 3ft away.
It was a fine stoppage.

well they sure always make the right calls. refs do. DONT THEY

Dan fucked up and he let Rozenstruik call his own fight. He was more than willing to let Rozenstruik follow Overeem to the ground, but once Rozenstruik did the walkoff Dan called it a TKO. I didn't even know there was such a thing a one punch TKO until last night.

They really should take away your ability to make threads. They are shit. Each and every one of them. That fight was over the second the punch landed. I do realize you are not all that bright, you prove it over and over again with your shitposting, but even you should be able to see the fight was over.

well can't help a chimp to understand human, can I

The only problem in all this is Dan did give reem a chance. Reem stood up and then fimbled toward the cage like a drunkard. If he just stood up or possibly showed he was okay while on the ground, he might have been in a better spot

The only problem in all this is Dan did give reem a chance. Reem stood up and then fimbled toward the cage like a drunkard. If he just stood up or possibly showed he was okay while on the ground, he might have been in a better spot

Not a good excuse. He stepped in and got in between them, then the other guy walked away. It was too late to 'give him a chance', which was none. and it wasn' that bad at all. What was he supposed to do, stand in front of him when he was hurt so he can get bombarded with more punches?

Easy there big guy, I never said they do.

Just that I trust the ref over a guy writing essays on an Internet forum.

it's like saying i trust cops over a guy on internet.

You have to look at the facts son, not attack who the guy is.

Back