Let’s talk about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Favorite Ninja Turtle

• Total voters
shoutout to Feldog for voicing Donny
also, I had no idea Leo was voiced by the Asian guy Takashi from Revenge of the Nerds

I legit got some feels the whole extended scene in 1990 TMNT when Raph wakes up and then they communicate with Splinter via meditation through the bonfire.

You and I both.

If you watch again

Each turtle had a different reaction after splinters message

- Ralphs in awe
- Mikey cries and seems he cant take it without his father
- Donnie considerate of others before his own feelings
- Leo absorbs and soaks in splinters message and reacts with hope

Last edited:
Anyone ever check out the comics? Those were raw man! Not kiddy stuff. Great storyline.
I had a first printing edition of the TMNT graphic novel, collecting the original story. Haven't been able to locate it for years. My comic collection is a bit out of control though, I can hardly find anything despite tripping over comics everywhere. (my wife hates them)

Also it's amazing how Leo uses two katana blades but never manages to kill nobody ahah

This was always the deciding factor for me when choosing my favorite turtle.

It annoyed me that Leo could slice motherfuckers up in a second but never did. Raphael never spilled anyone's intestines either. Mikey did hit people with his nunchuks so he was ok.

But Donatello smashing dudes with his staff was awesome. Plus he'd use it to sweep them, to catapult himself, etc.

Donnie 4ever

Leo's damage.

Screenshot-20190104-191259-You-Tube.jpg

Remember the mind crushing melancholy you felt when you heard this.

One thing that has always impressed me about the Turtles is how every Turtle has its fan base. Each had a unique personality and every poll you see where you ask who your favorite Turtle is, it's almost always a 4 way tie with Mike and Raph getting a tiny bit more vote. It's pretty cool how they were able to make their personalities relatable.

As a kid, it was Mike. As an adult, it's Raph. For the movie and comics, I like Donnie. I was never a big Leo fan but he had the best weapon.

Those turtle suits had to be pretty damn heavy to wear, too.

And hard to breathe and see.

Apparently runtime was 10-15 minutes in the suits

I use to have a Ninja Turtles camera. Everytime you took a picture when you developed them a small image of a Ninja Turtle was on the bottom corner.

Way better than that selfie garbage of today!

And hard to breathe and see.

Apparently runtime was 10-15 minutes in the suits
Jim Henson said they were the most advanced costumes/facial puppetry he was involved in making. They took 18 weeks to make.

Jim Henson said they were the most advanced costumes/facial puppetry he was involved in making. They took 18 weeks to make.

Agreed, way ahead of its time.

And to this day, it out beats any cgi.

I think the change they could make is some kind of tempurature body cooler in the suit, breathing oxygen apparatus and make the holes larger for them to see while using CGI to cover up this detail.

Damn, hardcore fans. Bet it was pretty damn exciting for you guys, eh? I just noticed the VHS at a video rental store and got my dad to rent it but I ended up not enjoying it much.

Anyway, I'm remembering a toy I had:

6164479542960954873.jpg

It was something like this. I clearly remember the boxing gloves.
I had this and the van.

7 pages and no one posted the tmnt arcade cabinet,smh. when we used to go to the arcade as kids it was usually to go to the tmnt arcade then simpsons and the x-men.

1181242182141.jpg

s-l300.jpg

7 pages and no one posted the tmnt arcade cabinet,smh. when we used to go to the arcade as kids it was usually to go to the tmnt arcade then simpsons and the x-men.

1181242182141.jpg

s-l300.jpg

This is the one I meant in an earlier post. Chuck E Cheeses meant pizza and TMNT time.

1181242182141.jpg

s-l300.jpg
Hell yeah the Simpsons and xmen

I had a ton of ninja turtles toys my favorite ones were the huge ones and the robot tmnt he torsoe was more metallic than this pic shows
x354-q80.jpg

3406255-metalhead.jpg

and the 13" from 1989 tmnt
91m6GwMSL2L._SX679_.jpg

8144n%2BPPUTL._SX425_.jpg

s-l400.jpg

s-l300.jpg

I actually also had the 16" mexico version of these giant turtles I can't find a pic on google they might have been knock offs.

Back