Let’s talk about Khalil’s corner…shall we?

It was his chance and his corner most likely knew what he would have wanted and no way was the doctor or ref letting him out for the fifth.

Could have been stopped a bit early but then we'd have the opposite thread - early stoppage, he was still throwing back.

Also, he was throwing back but there was nothing on his shots by then, Alex was walking through or avoiding those wild haymakers. An "Izzy" playing possum and throwing a hail mary shot was not happening by then.

You have to allow the limit of the fight when it is for the title.
(imo you should anyway).
Extending your career is one thing but that's an opinion for Sherdoggers.

We don't know what K.R's ambition is.
What does he hold most valuable?
To win the belt or to live to fight another day?
Those discussions are not done on the stool.
They are done in private.
Seems to me that the belt was more important to him.
Spot on. Moicano told me he's willing to die in the ring. So I asked him "but man, you got a wife and a kid! Still?" He said "Yeah, that's how much I want to win". Some dont, many do.

Khalil is still relatively young and has, actually had, low fight miles for his age…

Khalil was done and his eye and nose were literally flapping in the wind.

His corner of John “No” Wood and others could have saved him from about 10-12 power shots from one of the hardest hitters of all time by throwing in the towel… they failed their fighter…..badly.

I don’t think Khalil is the same after that beating. Reminiscent of Rory McDonald after the Lawler beatings(also Lawler faded badly too)…..

Corner should know their fighter and Khalil was done and is lucky that Alex seemed hesitant to send him to the shadow realm with a knee….body shots were brutal nonetheless.
Its too early to see if that beating will change khalil for the worse.

Also khalil probably was looking to atleast make it to a decision for honors sake instead of getting saved by a towel

Khalil needs to take a year off - seriously. His brain was getting scrambled for a full round if you count the last part of the third. That is way worse then getting caught with one shot and ko'd.

It was borderline, if they threw in the towel or if the ref stopped it at any point, I wouldn’t have much of a problem with it, but I can also see how you could let it go a bit longer since Khalil was still moving well and somewhat intelligently defending sending serious heat back in Alex’s direction.

That combo to the body to cap it off was legendary, I’m glad we got to see it although I do feel a bit bad for Khalil. On the bright side for him, I think the UFC is going to treat him really well from here on out.

Also, if they stopped at a bit early, a lot of you Poatan hating dweebs would be saying shit like premature stoppage, and Khalil was winning two rounds to one or some nonsense like that so better this way.
Did you just say the UFC is going to treat him really well from here on out?

Khalil is 2 wins from being back in a title fight by the end of 2025 or 2026. If Alex loses Khalil could be even closer.

I would of thrown the towel.

I fell my fighters if they don’t want me to throw in the towel then don’t put me in a position to do so. As soon as you are incapable of protecting yourself (regardless of how capable of violence you might still be) the fight is over.

In a decade of coaching I’ve only done it once.

Did you just say the UFC is going to treat him really well from here on out?
Well, they definitely should, The guy stepped up against a nightmare matchup and made it about as competitive and entertaining as he could have and lost years of his life in the process.

I think, despite the loss, his stock went up last night, despite zero shit talking, he proved to be more difficult for the champ than both Hill and Jiri.

Its too early to see if that beating will change khalil for the worse.

Also khalil probably was looking to atleast make it to a decision for honors sake instead of getting saved by a towel
The way Khalil fought, I think he had zero intention to go the distance. Someone had to die.

Dude threw every shot with everything he had

All I know is, Khalil is a bad motherfucker and seems like a great guy. I am a fan of his after this fight week and the fight itself.

I'm sure his corner knows him better than we do, he clearly wanted to have his moment and surely he doesn't regret that (I mean, he might today because he's probably in a lot of pain, but I think long-term he'll be happy they let him fight until the end)
I can't image the torture that a power punching KO artist would endure of they had to live the rest of their life wondering

"what if I just had the chance to try to catch him coming in?"

"What if he lost focus for a second and I could have caught him on the chin with a counter?"

I would rather get the shit kicked out of me than have to wonder what if. I feel that way in life too. If I lose or fail, let it be my fault or let me know I at least gave my best effort and came up short but know in my heart I don't have to 2nd guess myself.

There is no shame in failing.
But there is shame and anguish in not trying.

It's hard to give up a title fight due to damage when you're coaching a guy with 1 punch KO power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
domtaronger
Back