Lesnar can bench 225 lbs / 102 kg for 43 reps..

I think more impressive is his vert and broad jump numbers at 300 pounds.

Broad yes, vert is squat-limited. I'd imagine that motherfucker squats small & medium planets for shits & giggles, being an elite wrestler and all

This is relevant to the thread how?

It's always amazing to see the amount of butthurt Brock created in his short career lol.

It is relevant because poster implies that can bench = can fight.

Which is not even remotely true.

Has nothing to do with Lesnar. Has everything to do with the misconception of strength is all that's required to win fights.

If that fact is consider butthurt then your butt obviously have hemorrhoids.

The people saying not that great are complete fools. The top performance at last year's combine was 42. The all time record is 49.

That is with A-level athletes weighing in excess if 300 lbs.

Brock is way strong. I wonder if he can armwrestle too.

And yet he got terrorized by Carwin, TKOed by Cain and kick to shreds by Overeem...

In fights the only thing that matter is who's left, not who can bench.

At what point was this about that?

Was about his superior benchpress, you jelly.

It would also be disrespectful to forget that Lesnar managed to talk himself into the UFC with only 1 professional fight and fought Frank fucking Mir in his 2nd fight ever. He won the heavyweight belt, defended it, broke PPV records, and retired all in a 7 fight career.

It would be disrespectful to fail to understand that we will likely never see another fighter come along and do in 7 fights what Brock Lesnar did.

Pretty much this.

People hate on him because of their own insecurities. The rest of us were impressed by what he managed to do, before his health issues got in the way.

TS never implied anything of the sort lol. The topic of the thread is pretty straightforward, so only butthurt fans would take offense to something that's not there.

I'm gonna be one of the only honest sherdoggers and admit that I can't even rep 225. 215 for 3-4 reps, but 225 is too much for me. So yeah 43 reps in insanely strong.

If you can do 215 three-four times, you can put 225 up once, or at least within a few weeks if you keep repping 215.

I can probably do one or two, im doing 5x5 at 205 now, working my way up.
I think even 100 pounds would be very hard to get 43. Unless i trained higher reps for a few months, but i wont do that. I wonder if those guys train for high reps leading up to the combine normally I would think the bigger guys do much lower reps with big weight. All those numbers are freakish.

I sincerely doubt Lesnar has/had a max of 630, make it 530 and I'll believe it.
That said, it's impressive, but then Spoto rolls around and benches 315 for 45 reps.

take it for what its worth, but i remember the wwe sent wrestlers to their fitness center and they all tried to max out, and brock did 615. maybe the wwe exaggerated but either way, thats one strong dude

According to his 2004 NFL combine..

Brock Lesnar (at 6'4'', 296lbs)
40 Yard Dash: 4.65 seconds
Vertical Jump: 35 inches
Broad Jump: 10 foot
Bench Press: 43 reps of 225lbs

How many times can you bench 225 , sherdoggers ?

I started lifting 3 months ago .. I can barely do 2 full reps ._.

When I was 23 years old and weighed 185 lbs I could do 225 for 12 reps.

Now I'm 40 and weigh 200 lbs and if I tried to bench 225 I would drop it on my throat and die.

on the machine i can get in about 12-14
on the free weights 8-10

anything over 20 impresses the fuck out of me

Which is not even remotely true.

Has nothing to do with Lesnar. Has everything to do with the misconception of strength is all that's required to win fights.

If that fact is consider butthurt then your butt obviously have hemorrhoids.

lol someone sounds insecure about his weak bench

43 is crazy.. Esp by combine standards, they make sure you touch your chest and have full arm extensions on each rep.. There's a lot of huge offensive line guys that get around 20, i could do about 10 maybe and prob not with the proper extension the combine looks for.. 43 is insanely strong

I watched Heath Evans bench press 225 for 31 reps years ago.

43 is crazy.. Esp by combine standards, they make sure you touch your chest and have full arm extensions on each rep.. There's a lot of huge offensive line guys that get around 20, i could do about 10 maybe and prob not with the proper extension the combine looks for.. 43 is insanely strong

The combine is actually pretty lax. Pretty much everyone bounces it off their chest and a lot of leniency is given on "full extension".

I suppose it might be considered borderline fascist by the standards of your average bro at gold's gym.

Back