Lesnar can bench 225 lbs / 102 kg for 43 reps..

I find it funny how people dump on him that he is really an athlete and not a fighter. He made a pretty strong run at the heavyweight division for having very little experience. If he had started in MMA or sambo or K1 he would be ridiculous. His chin wasn't really that bad. He just didn't have the training on what to do when you get hurt. It wasn't instictive. Boxers wrap up the other boxer when they are rattled hard. Lesnar's instincts just were to cover up, which probably most of the populations natural instinct when you are getting punched in the face. The guy really didn't have a bad chin. He just didn't do what you are supposed to do when you are getting rocked.

His chin was better than not really that bad, it was iron. He ate a flush uppercut followed by GnP from fucking Shane Carwin and lived to win the fight.

He did bench 225/for 43 reps because 2004 was in the past. As impressive as that statistic is, that doesn't mean he can lift that today.

I think we learned the answer to the "do you even lift bro" question in this thread.

2nd rep will be a struggle.. I will have to muster up all my inner will to complete the 3rd, and even then I'd probably fail

Also

Who gives a shit?

Considering it is about what 90 lbs under his bodyweight, if i did 90 lbs under my bodyweight 50 reps would not be hard...

This much interest in a retired UFC fighter is a good sign that fans really miss big stars (short supply today). But he isn't coming back.

In high school I benched 225lbs one time, but I only weighed 125lbs at the time.

Last year, all of us on the football team did a rep stress - I was able to bench 200 lbs at 20 times. Obviously no Lesnar, but I did better than the rest of the team by 8. We'll do it again this year at the end of season, and I'm confident I will be able to beat it by a few.

The record for any NFL player EVER is 51..lol If you think 43 is bad you are completely ignorant and clueless.

Unfortunately that doesnt translate into being a good fighter

thats 2 plates of 45 lbs on each side... considering my weight is 165 and I can bench probably over 10 reps with that weight easily that initially doesnt seem like much for supposedly a monster of his size

However I have never ventured into anything over 15 reps at the gym with decent weight so thats really unexplored territory for me, I have no idea how the body reacts at 20 reps, much less 43 reps, my workouts are focused on strenght not really agility... so unlike others I will not say thats nothing and blah blah blah I just have no idea about that type of conditioning

Last edited:
In high school I benched 225lbs one time, but I only weighed 125lbs at the time.

This sounds crazy. Nice job dude. Had a friend that weighed as much as me in grade 10 (145). I could bench about 140lbs, he could do 265lbs at least twice.
It was a home weight bench. He only had 145lbs of weights but we got our little friend who was about 120lbs to sit on the bar and he'd do it pretty easy.

Back