Social Leslie Smith takes shots at fighters who complain about pay but support Trump

This is a poor assessment of her market value in particular and of market value in general. Yes, the stars have the most value and hence why they are paid the most, but there is value in gatekeepers like Smith who lose to the stars and let you know who's good enough to be a champion or contender. EVERYBODY who Smith lost to in the UFC either was a champion in the UFC or competed in a title match. Hence why she got more than the average fighter but less than the true stars.

The UFC tends not to overpay for talent which is why they're so successful. They paid her what they were comfortable paying her and then let her explore the market when she had outlived her usefulness. I'm not a big WMMA fan in general, but her style was one of the more exciting ones. Kill or be killed fighter who kept it standing. She got FIVE fight of the night bonuses. Also, her war with Jessica Eye likely would have got fight of the night if it hadn't been stopped short due to an ear injury. Still a crazy exciting fight and one of the weirdest injuries in the history of the sport.

Do you think I care about low skilled sports? Do you?

How many WNBA games do you think I have watched? Zero. It is garbage. Low skill and zero athleticism. Awful. The WNBA loses owners money because nobody likes watching boring low level dog shit. Weekend warriors at the local Y could destroy them. LOL.

The ladies fighting for the UFC are taking spots from legitimate fighters. Period. Food off the tables from real fighters.

I mean, look at women's boxing. Is there a single draw? Does WMMA exist without leaching off the men?

Let's have all female cards and all male cards. Then let's see what sells. Protip: the men sell the product. Women in MMA aren't worth much. We vote with our dollars and we don't buy girls Fighting.

Maybe Leslie could try to make big bucks trying out for the NFL, NBA or NHL? Maybe she could try pitching in MLB? Or try her hand at being a goalie in the MLS?

Or she could realize MMA is sports entertainment and build her character and worth and negotiate a better contract?

Who tunes in to watch her specifically? And who tolerates her fights while waiting for the real fighters?

This is a poor assessment of her market value in particular and of market value in general. Yes, the stars have the most value and hence why they are paid the most, but there is value in gatekeepers like Smith who lose to the stars and let you know who's good enough to be a champion or contender. EVERYBODY who Smith lost to in the UFC either was a champion in the UFC or competed in a title match. Hence why she got more than the average fighter but less than the true stars.

The UFC tends not to overpay for talent which is why they're so successful. They paid her what they were comfortable paying her and then let her explore the market when she had outlived her usefulness. I'm not a big WMMA fan in general, but her style was one of the more exciting ones. Kill or be killed fighter who kept it standing. She got FIVE fight of the night bonuses. Also, her war with Jessica Eye likely would have got fight of the night if it hadn't been stopped short due to an ear injury. Still a crazy exciting fight and one of the weirdest injuries in the history of the sport.

lmao she has 0 market value

she’s 38 And nobody is buying is buying a fight because Leslie Smith is on the card

she just got scratched by a 12-7 soccer mom approaching 40 herself in Bellator

They might be brave, tough and dedicated, but so are lots of people in lots of things. It doesn't mean you deserve to get paid big bucks for it, and that fight is nothing short of laughably bad. The level of skill and athleticism on display there is like what you'd expect to see from two 12 year-old novice boys windmilling at each other in sparring for the first time. It's an absolute joke that fights of that level are on UFC cards. Like I said, the only people getting ripped off here are the fans who have to sit through this garbage before the real fights come on.

lolz @ people willfully signing contracts and then complaining about it.

lolzors @ people doing the above and then blaming trump

lolzlazors @ idiots doing both of the above, regarding something prior to 2014, long before trump was in office.

We gonna ignore that Jessica was gifted a title shot after 3 extremely boring decision wins, and was then was almost murdered by Shevchenko? Fighting for the championship doesn't necessarily show you're a quality fighter, sometimes it just mean you were just there to be used as fodder. Which in turn pretty much speaks a lot about Leslie Smith as a fighter, because Jessica Eye made her look bad. There's levels to the game and Leslie is at the bottom.

How many fighters are truly gifted and deserve the big money? Everything thinks they are worth a million bucks but that is not the case.

The UFC Is loaded with a lot of fighters that would be making a lot less in normal jobs. If they can perform they will make more. Instead we get fighters that are pretty equal, basic skills, shitty tattoos and questionable cardio. There are limited superstars and those are the ones that make the money. It is like a person who pull product for Amazon complaining because they don’t make as much as Bezos.

Democrats are trying to ban all guns? Who drafted legislation to get rid of the 2nd amendment?

This is kind of a childish rant and ploy. Adult conversation for sure.

Conservatives reject any and all attempts at having any kind of sensible regulation.

I believe they were close to 20,000 gun laws on the books between federal and state to date. If we looked at absolutely zero regulation to a full on and complete ban conservatives have compromised 20,000 times. And you’re in the position that you want them to compromise more when you’re unwilling to compromise yourself.

A large part of this issue revolves around your word sensible. Most anti-gun people are for the most part clueless about firearms in general and therefore many of their solutions are not sensible to a gun rights advocate. Again you focusing on what’s sensible for you while dismissing what’s sensible for the other side is telling. Again 20,000 compromises isn’t enough?

tell me one piece of “sensible” legislation you think needs to be an active for firearms in this country?

And when that happens, that just ups the rhetoric on both sides. We could skip all that bullshit if we had a discussion like adults.

Adult conversation would be good....

There clearly should be some restrictions on a right that interferes with another person's right to live.

And this is how conservatives feel about abortion. You claim you understand and empathize with this position. You might, but it also seems like you might dismiss it when it suits you as well.

Again there are already over 20,000 restrictions on the right to bear arms. It’s clear for many that is not enough. And the fact that people want even more restrictions and then turn around and pull the hypocritical and cowardly approach of “they won’t compromise” is dishonest and disingenuous.

Murder is already illegal. What does restricting firearms in any more of a way than they already are change that?

Certain industries could use a union but a job that is purely entertainment, pay should be tied to demand for your services. UFC fighters are now getting paid pretty well. Top fighters are getting paid enough to be considered 1% or greater.

This is one of the situations where "independent contractor" seems to actually apply though. It isn't like these fighters are punching a timeclock on their way into the UFC offices every day. They more or less do their own thing completely separate from the UFC until they called up and sign a fight agreement. To me, that's an independent contractor, as opposed to like an Uber-driver who is driving 3-5 nights a week.

I believe youre missing the point of TS. The point is the system wont side with the fighters and its because judges who are right wingers side with the company and not the fighters. Pretty sure fighter pay is the highest or one of the top 3 highest priority in their lives yet they dont seem to understand they are aligning with a party that doesnt favor them. Then they go on to cry about fighter pay like Colby and Cejudo have done.
And yet you guys are completely missing the point that athletes in other sports (even other combat sports like boxing) are making a shit ton of money under the same government. So it's kinda stupid to blame the government.

It also doesn't mean that they would make more under Biden. They probably would pay higher taxes though.

And yet you guys are completely missing the point that athletes in other sports (even other combat sports like boxing) are making a shit ton of money under the same government. So it's kinda stupid to blame the government.

It also doesn't mean that they would make more under Biden. They probably would pay higher taxes though.

Are you even aware at what the fighters are fighting for? Cause UFC fighters arent in a union like basketball players they are independent contractors. Also unlike Basketball players who think the NBA owns them which they dont the UFC do own these fighters when it comes to them making the money they deserve.

Are you even aware at what the fighters are fighting for? Cause UFC fighters arent in a union like basketball players they are independent contractors. Also unlike Basketball players who think the NBA owns them which they dont the UFC do own these fighters when it comes to them making the money they deserve.
So what. It's not like Dana White is going to change his ways the minute Biden is elected.

Poor UFC and WWE independent contractors. I bet they didnt know what they were signing up for. Either that or someone forced them to sign said contract.

Do you think I care about low skilled sports? Do you?

How many WNBA games do you think I have watched? Zero. It is garbage. Low skill and zero athleticism. Awful. The WNBA loses owners money because nobody likes watching boring low level dog shit. Weekend warriors at the local Y could destroy them. LOL.

The ladies fighting for the UFC are taking spots from legitimate fighters. Period. Food off the tables from real fighters.

I mean, look at women's boxing. Is there a single draw? Does WMMA exist without leaching off the men?

Let's have all female cards and all male cards. Then let's see what sells. Protip: the men sell the product. Women in MMA aren't worth much. We vote with our dollars and we don't buy girls Fighting.

Cyborg
Rousey
Carano

The only three female fighters I gave two fucking shits about. That's it.

How is fighter pay even an issue? Almost all of these guys are making well above the median US salary. Shouldn't we be more focused on getting wages up for the middle class than whether or not Leslie Smith deserves $80k instead of $60k. You can raise a family with $60k.

People compare their salaries with people doing the same profession or a profession close to theirs. If a lawyer learns that his coworker doing the same job as his is getting paid twice as him, he is going to make it an issue, even if his salary is above the median. If a university professor from the departement of chemistry learns that professors in the departement of physics earn twice as much, he is going to make it an issue. Now, UFC fighters compare their salary not with the median of the US, but with the median of people doing a comparable job, that is, people in top boxing organizations firstly and thsn people in top organizations of other popular sports secondly.

LoL at John "smoke break" Fitch being a commie. Of course he is.

Who said anything about dana? We're talking about the courts and what the fighters are fighting for, stay on topic.
Just tell me how it’s possible that all these sport stars in different sports are making a shit ton of money in the same system. Literally makes no sense to blame the system.

How the hell is a fighter such a pussy?

If people cared about watching her fight she would make more

Simple concept really

Back