Social Leslie Smith takes shots at fighters who complain about pay but support Trump

Conservatives like to do this both sides bullshit, but these things don't work both ways. Abortion as a central issue you vote on would only make sense if they were illegal and you were pro-choice. You being forced to have a child that you don't want is not equal to you not liking OTHER people getting abortions.

Oh really? So Democrats trying to ban guns or put extreme restrictions on a right as simple as the second amendment because Dems don't like them doesn't count as a Culture War? ONLY conservatives do this? You can't seriously believe this bullshit that comes out of your mouth can you?

Jesus fucking Christ dude, you are becoming worse than Trotsky with your extreme "Orange man bad" posts. You should listen to yourself and your hypocrisy in other people's shoes. It's pathetic.

@moosaev you should hear Dems anti-gun arguments sometimes. Pure emotion with no logic behind them. I'm talking about "think of the children" type arguments.

Such as two cops being shot in a handgun in LA where assault weapons are already banned, and Biden tweeting this as a response:

In defense for Biden, he probably forgot that detail, just like he forgot what pair of shoes he wore today.

Of course - blame Trump. Fighters are making more than ever with more protection than ever.

But yeah - it’s really happening in Cuba and Venezuela: those guys are really making bank while Dana and Orange man are basically treating them like slaves

Supporting Trump creates more clicks. More clicks gets more attention. More attention gets greater negotiating power.

Heck, LeBron James should get 10% of Colby's next purse.

Remember, people who are anti-abortion genuinely feel that it is murder. When you can empathize with that, it becomes obvious why it would be their #1 issue. Imagine, for the sake of understanding their mindset, that Biden wanted to legalize murdering children under 5 years old. Simply take your kids to the doctor, and the doctor will scramble their brains with a drill. Doesn't that suddenly seem like a bigger issue than student loan debt? So I see the exact opposite of you. I'm suspicious of people who are anti-abortion, but AREN'T a single issue voter on that issue. Those people believe that millions of babies are being slaughtered each year, but are willing to look the other way for slightly lower taxes, or legalized weed?

I get that, and I do empathize with conservative's views on abortion. That is a valid point and I can understand how callous that that looks to someone that thinks abortion is literally baby murder.
My own views on it are mixed. I think there is a legitimate argument to be had on abortion, but that that would be your NUMBER ONE issue when it isn't something that has a direct effect on your life? As I said, it only makes sense if it were the other way around. No one is forcing the individual to do anything as it is now. So an abortion that someone else gets, goes before healthcare for yourself and your own family? That doesn't make sense to me, especially for Republicans, people that are generally a lot more individualistic in how they approach things in life.

A large part of this is also on the Democrats and how terrible they are at reaching and messaging people. There would be far less abortions if we invested more in education, healthcare, and a lot of these other "woke" issues that conservatives rail against.
Making abortion illegal will just make people do them illegally, unsafely.
The problem I see with a lot conservative positions is that they want things done, only in this one particular way, and don't want to do the work to keep the things they want. We could keep guns, and abortions would be lower if we put in some work.

With all due respect and very respectfully, she was getting paid 60k to look like a boxercise hobbyist against soccer moms and for being Cyborg's punching bag. She was taking away valuable purse from much more deserving fighters. No room to talk really. No offense and with all due respect of course.
This. But that was too harsh to boxercise hobbyists

Yes, and the points that are important to you should have a ranking. When you put culture war stuff over things that have a much bigger and direct effect on your life, like your ability to make a fair wage, healthcare, etc......it is...confusing, to say the least.
Ahh yes because dems cry, screech, burn, loot, and murder over Trump fiscal policies

Yes, and the points that are important to you should have a ranking. When you put culture war stuff over things that have a much bigger and direct effect on your life, like your ability to make a fair wage, healthcare, etc......it is...confusing, to say the least.

In my experience, people who talk dismissively about culture war are people who will insist you agree with them, by law if necessary, then ask why you complain.

Oh really? So Democrats trying to ban guns or put extreme restrictions on a right as simple as the second amendment because Dems don't like them doesn't count as a Culture War? ONLY conservatives do this? You can't seriously believe this bullshit that comes out of your mouth can you?

Jesus fucking Christ dude, you are becoming worse than Trotsky with your extreme "Orange man bad" posts. You should listen to yourself and your hypocrisy in other people's shoes. It's pathetic.

@moosaev you should hear Dems anti-gun arguments sometimes. Pure emotion with no logic behind them. I'm talking about "think of the children" type arguments.

Democrats are trying to ban all guns? Who drafted legislation to get rid of the 2nd amendment?
Conservatives reject any and all attempts at having any kind of sensible regulation. And when that happens, that just ups the rhetoric on both sides. We could skip all that bullshit if we had a discussion like adults. There clearly should be some restrictions on a right that interferes with another person's right to live.

Where did I blame Trump? You are apart of the Trump Defense Squad and just feel you have to protect orange man at all costs. These problems predate Trump. It's the Republican party.

By putting fighers of the calibre of Leslie Smith on main event cards, the only people being ripped of are the fans.

Trump's not solely to blame for fighter pay, but she's kind of right.

(Not attacking anybody for being a MAGA, voting Republican or subscribing to conservative ideology. Just dispassionately laying out the facts.)

Trump's National Labor Relations Board recently ruled that employees being misclassified as "independent contractors" is not a violation of the National Labor Relations Act, which will make it much harder for any future legal action on the part of fighters who want to challenge their contractual status as "independent contractors" with the UFC.

Also, all of the judges that Trump has appointed (and modern conservative jurists in general) are against the concept of class action lawsuits. Bob Barr and the DOJ routinely file amicus briefs on behalf of defendant corporations in proceedings where the judge is considering class certification for the plaintiffs.

The current anti-trust suit against the UFC hinges on whether or not the plaintiffs will be granted class cert, which is likely; however, any decision in the fighters' favor is unlikely to survive the appellate process considering the number of appointments that Trump has made to the federal courts and the composition of the SCOTUS.

Fighters like Jon Fitch, who have right-wing political beliefs but are trying to challenge the UFC in a civil action based on the precedents of a century of progressive labor law, are politically confused to say the least.

She's right for the most part and most of them are either too dumb and/or they lack the awareness to think it through. As far as Fitch goes, he used to be a Bernie bro, and he met with Bernie and Bernie championed his and his fellow fighters' cause, so he was more logically consistent back then before he became a nationalist-populist conspiracy theorist.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/4/...fighters-endorsing-sanders-president-politics

How is fighter pay even an issue? Almost all of these guys are making well above the median US salary. Shouldn't we be more focused on getting wages up for the middle class than whether or not Leslie Smith deserves $80k instead of $60k. You can raise a family with $60k.
Buh buh Connor make $1M. Women rights!!!!!! Racism!!!!

Yep, it's the president's fault you're not rich.

[<dunn]

Leslie Smith was making billions just 45 months ago before than damn Drumpf took office.

A non independent contractor cant pick and choose their fights either - which currently seems to be a plus for a lot these guys who are in the top 10.

Does it ever occur to people that not everything is black and white? You can support a political candidate / president and not agree with all their points?

I believe youre missing the point of TS. The point is the system wont side with the fighters and its because judges who are right wingers side with the company and not the fighters. Pretty sure fighter pay is the highest or one of the top 3 highest priority in their lives yet they dont seem to understand they are aligning with a party that doesnt favor them. Then they go on to cry about fighter pay like Colby and Cejudo have done.

With all due respect and very respectfully, she was getting paid 60k to look like a boxercise hobbyist against soccer moms and for being Cyborg's punching bag. She was taking away valuable purse from much more deserving fighters. No room to talk really. No offense and with all due respect of course.

Who ever paid to watch her fight? Nobody. Zero. Zilch.

She never was the reason for a single PPV or ticket sale. She should have been paid zero dollars. That was her worth.

I mean, I would go poop or make food or take out the trash when she was fighting.

This sport lives and dies with it's stars. They all Leach off of the Conor, Ronda, GSP etc.

Nobody cares about the nobodies.

She's right for the most part and most of them are either too dumb and/or they lack the awareness to think it through. As far as Fitch goes, he used to be a Bernie bro, and he met with Bernie and Bernie championed his and his fellow fighters' cause, so he was more logically consistent back then before he became a nationalist-populist conspiracy theorist.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/4/...fighters-endorsing-sanders-president-politics
Or maybe when Bernie went from "open borders is a Koch brothers ploy" to the equivalent of "give me your poor huddled masses" Fitch saw through the old commie ruse? Or perhaps Bernie "white people don't know what it's like to be poor" Sanders turned him around with his massive pivot on identity politics? Could be many things tbh

Who ever paid to watch her fight? Nobody. Zero. Zilch.

She never was the reason for a single PPV or ticket sale. She should have been paid zero dollars. That was her worth.

I mean, I would go poop or make food or take out the trash when she was fighting.

This sport lives and dies with it's stars. They all Leach off of the Conor, Ronda, GSP etc.

Nobody cares about the nobodies.
This is a poor assessment of her market value in particular and of market value in general. Yes, the stars have the most value and hence why they are paid the most, but there is value in gatekeepers like Smith who lose to the stars and let you know who's good enough to be a champion or contender. EVERYBODY who Smith lost to in the UFC either was a champion in the UFC or competed in a title match. Hence why she got more than the average fighter but less than the true stars.

The UFC tends not to overpay for talent which is why they're so successful. They paid her what they were comfortable paying her and then let her explore the market when she had outlived her usefulness. I'm not a big WMMA fan in general, but her style was one of the more exciting ones. Kill or be killed fighter who kept it standing. She got FIVE fight of the night bonuses. Also, her war with Jessica Eye likely would have got fight of the night if it hadn't been stopped short due to an ear injury. Still a crazy exciting fight and one of the weirdest injuries in the history of the sport.

I'm a gun owner, so i don't agree with the Dem position on guns. I do think there should be smarter laws around keeping guns away from crazy folks.

That said, if you asked me which is more sacred to me, my guns or my healthcare? I'm picking healthcare.

Back