Leo's year to finally win one.....

heavyarms21

Ryozanpaku Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
But is anybody else pissed off that Will Smith's sour grapes along with his untalented wife bringing up the stupid diversity issue , ugh.

"finally win won"? He's been gifted too many nominations as it is. The dude is a second rate actor who is fortunate enough to work with great directors. If he does win, he would rank among the worst actors to win an Oscar alongside Sandra Bullock and Cuba Gooding Jr.

oh, and I know this is just your weak attempt to rant about uppity blacks not knowing their place but I cant sit silent while someone declares the OBJECTIVELY WRONG opinion that Leo is an Oscar caliber actor.

"finally win won"? He's been gifted too many nominations as it is. The dude is a second rate actor who is fortunate enough to work with great directors. If he does win, he would rank among the worst actors to win an Oscar alongside Sandra Bullock and Cuba Gooding Jr.

oh, and I know this is just your weak attempt to rant about uppity blacks not knowing their place but I cant sit silent while someone declares the OBJECTIVELY WRONG opinion that Leo is an Oscar caliber actor.

He's Hollywood's protected little Golden Boy; has been, since he was........... a boy.

In fact, I'm surprised he hasn't been given a statue already.

He's also one 'loose lips' away from being 'outed'.

And that person being blackballed from Hollywood.

(Not that that is relevant)

But he does seem like a lovely boy, and that moment with Lady GaGa recently was very heart warming and endearing; so, I don't mind if he wins it this year. It's all a pony show anyway.

Having seen the Revenant, I sincerely hope he doesn't win. He will though, mostly due to the common perception that a sufficient amount of undeserving nominations should somehow make him worthy of some sort of legacy Oscar.

He's a fine actor, but he'll be among the ones I'll call upon to illustrate that an Oscar ain't all that.

I'll have more sympathy to those pissed at the backlash to the lack of diversity in who the academy chooses to reward when they stop rewarding people for just getting big roles and doing ok with them. Because those big roles definitely goes to a disporportionally large amount of white males.

so because he never won before theyre gonna give him a charity win like they did with Paul Newman, pathetic he looks like a pre-pubescent girl

Well he won the BAFTA last night so hopefully that's a good sign for him.

I rate Leo as an actor, but I really can't think of one really show stealing acting performance. He's always good, but genuinely can't think of one that has blown me away, like some others have had.

I rate Leo as an actor, but I really can't think of one really show stealing acting performance. He's always good, but genuinely can't think of one that has blown me away, like some others have had.

Gilbert Grape and Wold of Wall Street without doubt for me.
He was nominated for best supporting actor for the former.

Gilbert Grape and Wold of Wall Street without doubt for me.
He was nominated for best supporting actor for the former.

Gilbert Grape 100%, but look how long ago that was.

Wolf of Wall Street was overrated IMO and that character could have been played by anybody with acting skills. It was hardly a demanding role.

He's Hollywood's protected little Golden Boy; has been, since he was........... a boy.

In fact, I'm surprised he hasn't been given a statue already.

He's also one 'loose lips' away from being 'outed'.

And that person being blackballed from Hollywood.

(Not that that is relevant)

But he does seem like a lovely boy, and that moment with Lady GaGa recently was very heart warming and endearing; so, I don't mind if he wins it this year. It's all a pony show anyway.

Interesting......tell us more!

I loved The Revenant, and thought he was great in it, but I'm no acting buff and as long as I enjoy a film, the acting is secondary most of the time for me unless it's abysmal.

If he fails this time, go for the sure-fire winner - play someone with special needs next time.

I thought Hardy and Gleeson were more impressive than Leo tbh.

Honestly I thought Revenant was pretty soso overall. It reminded me a little of The Dark Knight Rises when Bruce breaks his back and fixes it by being hung up by ropes and doing some sit ups. Leo fell off a cliff after being mangled by a bear and the quick fix was to spend the night naked inside a horse carcass.

Back