Leonardo Santos is fighting for the first time in nearly three years.

Easily one of the most decorated BJJ fighters in the LW division, and the only man to stop Fighter Kevin Lee (not to be confused with Accountant Kevin Lee) with strikes. He also tapped Anthony Rocco Martin, who's currently on a tear at WW, and is undefeated in the UFC.

He's nearing 40, but I reckon he should still get past Stevie Ray without much issue. Hopefully he's more active now.

pYYBQp.gif

leonardo-santos-tony-martin-ufc-fight-night-621.jpg

• 4x World Cup Champion (2002, 2003, 2004, 2005),
  • Silver World Medalist (2001 Black Belt Division);
  • Bronze World Medalist (2000 Black Belt Division);
  • ADCC Brazilian Trial Champion (2005)
  • 4th Place in the ADCC Finals (2005)

He's a good fighter but with the layoff and his age I'm not so sure he gets past Ray. LW is a young mans game.

He's a good fighter but with the layoff and his age I'm not so sure he gets past Ray. LW is a young mans game.
Tony, Donald, Felder and Trinaldo are all in their mid-to-late-thirties, with Trinaldo being 40 already, and ranked, so Leo could definitely make a run for it considering he's not taken much damage. I do agree that his ceiling will be alongside Francisco's, the top 15.

I don't rate Ray at all, so even a diminished version of Santos should be enough to drag him to the mat and outgrapple him. Alan Patrick did it, Lauzon nearly finished him and he's looked flat in his last three.

Tony, Donald, Felder and Trinaldo are all in their mid-to-late-thirties, with Trinaldo being 40 already, and ranked, so Leo could definitely make a run for it considering he's not taken much damage. I do agree that his ceiling will be alongside Francisco's, the top 15.

I don't rate Ray at all, so even a diminished version of Santos should be enough to drag him to the mat and outgrapple him. Alan Patrick did it, Lauzon nearly finished him and he's looked flat in his last three.

Yeah I mean he could possibly make top 10 but that's probably the ceiling. He's just too slow for the studs of the division.

Back