Leonardo Santos is fighting for the first time in nearly three years.

Thesnake101

Think about it, it worth it.
@Gold
Reaction score
Easily one of the most decorated BJJ fighters in the LW division, and the only man to stop Fighter Kevin Lee (not to be confused with Accountant Kevin Lee) with strikes. He also tapped Anthony Rocco Martin, who's currently on a tear at WW, and is undefeated in the UFC.

He's nearing 40, but I reckon he should still get past Stevie Ray without much issue. Hopefully he's more active now.

pYYBQp.gif

leonardo-santos-tony-martin-ufc-fight-night-621.jpg

• 4x World Cup Champion (2002, 2003, 2004, 2005),
  • Silver World Medalist (2001 Black Belt Division);
  • Bronze World Medalist (2000 Black Belt Division);
  • ADCC Brazilian Trial Champion (2005)
  • 4th Place in the ADCC Finals (2005)

The layoff especially with his age has been rough. But he has a stylistically gimme fight here in ray. Just hope the layoff isn't detrimental

He has a very stiff , slow, and unathletic style that will translate well into his 40th

That being said I think he’s already completely overachieved —- solid bjj as you said but awkward standup and mediocre wrestling

No idea how he stopped Kevin Lee tbh but I would bet on lee taking it 9/10 times if they met again at 155

I hate the way Stevie Ray fights. He tried to make a boring fight out of Felder and got put out. Hopefully Leo Santos gets the knockdown and submission.

He is a beast. This is basically a tune-up fight. Despite being 39, his fights were all pretty spread out fought on average like 1.5 times per year.

more excited for my boy the handsome one
images

Gonna put the beat down on Pena

I hate the way Stevie Ray fights. He tried to make a boring fight out of Felder and got put out. Hopefully Leo Santos gets the knockdown and submission.
His wins over Lauzon and Pearson look so bad in hindsight, especially since Joe should have gotten a 10-8 in that first round.

He has a very stiff , slow, and unathletic style that will translate well into his 40th

That being said I think he’s already completely overachieved —- solid bjj as you said but awkward standup and mediocre wrestling

No idea how he stopped Kevin Lee tbh but I would bet on lee taking it 9/10 times if they met again at 155
I have no faith in Lee's fight IQ anymore, I could see him trying to wrestle with Leonardo for fear of getting caught again too.

I wouldn't say he's overachieved since he's barely fought, but I get what you mean - his ceiling will most likely be the top 15.

Easily one of the most decorated BJJ fighters in the LW division, and the only man to stop Fighter Kevin Lee (not to be confused with Accountant Kevin Lee) with strikes. He also tapped Anthony Rocco Martin, who's currently on a tear at WW, and is undefeated in the UFC.

He's nearing 40, but I reckon he should still get past Stevie Ray without much issue. Hopefully he's more active now.

pYYBQp.gif

leonardo-santos-tony-martin-ufc-fight-night-621.jpg

• 4x World Cup Champion (2002, 2003, 2004, 2005),
  • Silver World Medalist (2001 Black Belt Division);
  • Bronze World Medalist (2000 Black Belt Division);
  • ADCC Brazilian Trial Champion (2005)
  • 4th Place in the ADCC Finals (2005)
Yep. That Stevie Ray dude is pretty much a punching bag. Thought he would have called it quits by now.

He had a good contest against Norman Parke. And who could forget his glorious ko over Kevin Lee.

I like Stevie Ray also, should be a great contest.

Finally! War guy-that-flying-arm-barred-GSP!

Santos' last fight against Adriano Martins (UFC 204) was one of the most worst fights I've watched.

I really thought it would be a barnburner, but it was awful. Neither guy deserved to win.

hope they show the highlight of beating Lee non-stop in anticipation

Back