• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Leon gave us the greatest moment in MMA history

Borderline GOAT is a bit generous but his post fight interview was the most hyped and feel good moments in MMA. Headshot, Dead is probably the coolest catchphrase in MMA

It's definitely a contender for greatest moment of all time. Easily the best moment in recent history, that's for sure.
I think the GOAT moment in title fight history is Jon vs Lion Heart. When LH didn't take the DQ for the illegal knee, I knew that was it. Peak MMA.

it was good, but nowhere near GOAT moment. i think you're overestimating usman's reign just a little, some serious recency bias there.

Usman will think of that moment for a long time.

All he had to do was be safe for a short amount of time and he'd still be champ today.

Never again having to face Leon.

Incredible.

I honestly think this Leon moment was greater:

mma-chat-leon-edwards.gif

The finger point after the combo is so ridiculous, we'll never see the likes of this again

A great moment, sure. But "greatest moment in MMA history" is too broad and hyperbolic. How about, most stunning comeback in recent MMA history?

I honestly think this Leon moment was greater:

mma-chat-leon-edwards.gif

The finger point after the combo is so ridiculous, we'll never see the likes of this again
God I hope not. I've never understood how two fighters got so much praise for having shit fight IQ.

Agreed, people always go with recency bias over actual logic. Hence the reason everyone was like "OMG Usman is the WW GOAT" When GSP would have 50-45'd Usman without breaking a sweat.
I agree that GSP would comfortably win, but Usman is good enough to make the fight ugly. Usman has a solid claim to the second best ever, depending on what Leon can accomplish.

This feels like it should be on some top 10 list of moments for sure. I can't help but view the Diaz-Edwards fight differently now.
I really got the sense from the UFC video coverage of Leon that he had some shaky self confidence which was capitalized on by his opponents.
His coach knew how to bring the self belief back up to 100% full power, in the Usman 2 fight.
The whole "don't let him bully you, son!" That was an awesome character story arc.

Amazing moment no doubt but let’s not get carried away it’s not the greatest ever moment.

Leon KOing Usman has to be up there in the top 10 at least, it was amazing.
But My personal greatest moment ever was Bisping KOing Rockhold.
- Late replacement
- Fighting a rival who dominated him previously
- Counted out by most of the community
- Perennial journeyman who always seemed to come short of the belt.
- Did it with ONE EYE!
He KOs Rockhold in the first round after an dismissive Luke trashes him in the week lead up worthy of a bad Disney channel villain, then proceeds to have one of the most memorable post fight pressers all time.
God bless the count
<28>
Came into say this, Bisping is a definition of a fighter. Everything about that fight from the lead up to the result to the post fight interview with his family to the post fight presser. Everything you mentioned. That was the first time in a long time I was genuinely happy for a fighter winning.

What's better? I'm still waiting for a poster to say what's better.
Not even top 50? Are you serious?

Weidman KO'ing Anderson for me.
Still blows my mind tbh

Cruz beating TJ on his return from having his career savaged by injury is MMA's cinderella moment. Its pure sport

I don't think Leon KO'ing Usman tops that

I'm so glad I haven't skipped this moment. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I left to get something or looked at my phone when it happened lol. Those moment teach you that you have to pay attention the whole time in any fight. Edwards seemed like he was done and in no way would he finish this fight. Moments like that are crazy, love it. So happy I got to experience this shocker.

Yes mate this is absolutely spot on. I fell asleep during Silva v Sonnen 1 (UK Time) and was so devastated I missed it. I've made sure I watched every big fight since up until the Edwards head kick.

Had a big party at my house and had people crashing so we agreed to watch it in the morning. I always avoid the results easy but as it was such an epic finish it popped up on some news feed on my phone that never has MMA. Obviously buzzin about the result but very bittersweet that I knew it was coming when I watched it.

Last edited:
ufc 100, hendo lands the flying h-bomb in front of the largest mma audience ever at that point.
Hendo KO may be in the top50.... Leon and usman finish is 10x better and more relevant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back