• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Leon Edwards Wanted to Slap Colby Covington Backstage After UFC 296 Presser

Yeah I remember that too. Figured they were trolling or hadn't watched the fight with a modicum of objectivity.

He still has a few weirdo hardcore fans..
One who shall not be mentioned even bragged about knowing that Colby took part in daily orgies.
Colby is the only (?) fighter where his fans defends his sexlife.

I for one is very glad he is on his way out and his weirdo fans is being quite.
It (they) was a tad too weird and gay.

Im not sure what the word "impressive" stands for you. Leon vs Colby was basically a one way traffic fight, pure domination except for a couple of minuts out of 25, with lot of solid strikes to Colby's face and leg.

Most of Shields notable wins were extremely questionable decisions. Again no idea what "impressive" means exactly because each person might get impressed by different things. Im talking about extremely questionable decisions, which Colby vs Leon was not by any means
Yeah I mean it looked like he had a much easier time with Colby than Usman did tbh

Colby didn’t do anything. It was a pathetic performance after talking so much.
Leon also tbh. Less than Colby obviously tho.
The dude disrespected your dead demonic father and the best you can do is leg kick him a bunch for 5 rounds?

I noted that about Shields myself so you can settle down with the passive aggressive quotations. A lot of Shields wins were unimpressive or questionable decisions but his resume is still far better in terms of who he beat and when he beat them relative to their primes. Leon's resume is very thin in comparison.

Leon vs Colby wasn't "one way traffic", Leon was by no means dominant, he clearly won but many rounds were competitive in strikes landed, there were no knockdowns, total strikes landed was close to even and Colby was coming on late. For a 35 year old that was largely on the shelf for 2 years Colby did better than he should have.

There was no passive agressive intention. I wanted to note the difference between an impressive and a questionable/controversial win.

There was nothing controversial about Leon vs Colbi. It was 49-46 across the board in which Colbi took more strikes more importantoy, took more precise and solid strikes resulting in way more damage than his opponent.

Shields wins over Okami, Kampman, Maia or Woodley were nothing like that and it has not to do with being impressive. Its that many if not majority of observers had his opponent winning, and taking lesser damage.

I dont think any single pundit/ranking has Shields resume over Leon at this point. At least not at WW

Leon also tbh. Less than Colby obviously tho.
The dude disrespected your dead demonic father and the best you can do is leg kick him a bunch for 5 rounds?
Leon landed same amount of sig. strikes to the head than to the leg.
And those sig. strikes were way more precise and powerful than Colbi's.

It was a conservative performance with nothing flashy about it but he did dominate and punish Colbi more than numbers suggest

Back