Media Leon Edwards rocked, dropped and dances vs Barberenna.Chin issue?

For real. From everything I've seen Sage seems like a cool guy. Not his fault he got hyped by uncle Dana

Yeah, Sage is kind of an odd duck, but he's one of the least offensive people on the planet.

The amount of shit that was directed at him by fighters and fans who actually should've been criticizing Dana is disgraceful.

Literally nobody would've turned down the deal that the UFC offered to Sage when he was on the regional circuit.

Leon is chiny, cant wait for Jorge to do a Till and see him stiff as a board, or Usman jab to send him out.

Play it safe Leon, scared to engage and stay on the outside scraping points of non top 10's

His chin is fine, just not good enough to be seen as a durable top 10 guy..

Also barberena is the exact opposite.. he's durable enough and powerful enough to be a top 10 guy without being good enough..

Because Barberena has such a bad body for a UFC fighter, people often underestimate him. He is a tough hombre, don't let his body fool you. If you asked the avg Joe who would win between him & Sage, bet not a single person would pick him (talking about people who've never watched MMA)

The WW division has evolved leaps and bounds since GSP's era.

I don't doubt that MMA has evolved, the avg standup skill level has definitely improved. But there isn't a single technique that Usman can do that prime GSP can't. There isn't a single wrestling or BJJ move that Usman can do that GSP couldn't, or even anything in the realm of striking. Can anyone name me a technique Usman does that prime GSP couldn't do? That doesn't mean GSP would beat Usman, but I think people exaggerate evolution. What are some techniques that Colby & Leon can do that no other WWs in GSP's era could do? Colby is considerd the 2nd best WW by most people, his skillset is no greater than the guys who were considered wrestling beasts at WW during GSP's day. Average level of standup is definitely better, but that's where most of the evolution has been, more multi-punch combos & diversity of standup strikes.

Can you imagine what would have hapoened to koscheck, alves, hardy, serra and even condit in this.division today?

Colby is considered #2 by most people, & his only elite area is wrestling, his BJJ & standup is not elite. Masvidal is highly ranked & got 2 title shots (& is an old school guy, not "new" breed), Chiesa is not great at anything aside from maybe his BJJ & he might get the next title shot. So for all the talk about evolution, it does not appear to be a pre-requisite of being great everywhere to get a title shot. If Kos only focused on his wrestling, he would actually outwrestle Colby, Kos was a 2x national champ. Prime Alves vs Mas would be a great, competitive matchup

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Barberena
Barberena is a finisher and has been in their with a heap of top welterweights... Holy crap they tried to kill him after he took out Sage. He isn't even a true welterweight, he was previously able to make 155. I think he just likes to kick arse and eat.

Only issue i see with Edwards is that he was beating Nate Diaz to a pulp for 24 mins and 30 secs yet everyone is talking abaut how Nate almost finished him. Cut him some slack.

is happens. Barberena is an animal. Almost finished my boy Luque.
Nate got dropped by Benson Henderson if I remember correctly and Bendo isn't known to have big power.

His nickname is Bam Bam for a reason. Leon was about to go out but it was from a punch while moving in. I think his Chin is ok but not a glass jaw.

Guy who's never been finished gets rocked and its "OMG HE HAS NO CHIN"

Dumbest fans of any sport

Lol at questioning the chin of a guy who has been rocked only twice and never finished in 23 professional fights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back