Leon Edwards has Longest Win Streak Yet Nobody Knows Who he Is or Cares

And this is why they call it high risk, high reward..

Outpoint people to a safe decision and you should be ready to fight 10 times before sniffing a title shot..

Kneepiece with a coma a guy and people will start thinking giving you a title shot is a good idea..

Not really hard to see why..

Lol at people trying to discredit RDA as an opponent all of a sudden. The guy who mauled Lawler not too long back, only losses at 170 before this are to the champ and the interim champ. And for the record RDA beats up Masvidal and completely outclasses him if they ever fight.

Honestly and I don't know what it is, I've never been that sold on him. He's beat some guys who I think highly of like RDA, Gunnar, Cerrone and even Sobotta but just not impressed.

A bloated LW who was 1-2 going into the fight?

Edwards best wins are against bloated LWs with inconsistent records LOL:

RDA: 1-2 going into Edwards fight

Cowboy: 1-3 going into the Edwards fight

Gunnar: 1-1 going into Edwards fight. His loss being via brutal KO to Ponz

You guys have to learn to break away from the UFC Marketing machine
<seedat>
See it how you wish. To me it is a more impressive win than Jorge over Ben.

Jorge landed a low % knee against a lightly tested UFC commodity.

Leon out classed a UFC Hall of Famer for 25 minutes.

Yves Edwards still doing the damn thing?

Much love to an OG.

Very good fighter, pretty young, champion potential, and could be popular in the UK.

But yeah, 6/8 decisions, 0 first round finishes, and dat lisp. McGregor he ain't

See it how you wish. To me it is a more impressive win than Jorge over Ben.

Jorge landed a low % knee against a lightly tested UFC commodity.

Leon out classed a UFC Hall of Famer for 25 minutes.

So Jorge brutally finishing an elite WW who was 19-0 is less impressive than Edwards decisioning a bloated LW who was 1-2 going into the fight?

Lol STOP.

<36>

So Jorge brutally finishing an elite WW who was 19-0 is less impressive than Edwards decisioning a bloated LW who was 1-2 going into the fight?

Lol STOP.

That bloated lightweight would fuck journeyman Masvidal up, it would look like what he did to Lawler, only more dominant. Masvidal is certainly no Lawler, he's just not at that level.

He’s not that good. RDA is just small for the division. Not sure Edwards is UFC caliber yet. His win tonight was essentially meaningless. Also not impressive.

RDA had nothing for Edwards. Was a great performance by him.

If you thought that fight was boring, go watch kickboxing.
If you thought that fight wasn’t boring, go watch boxing

RDA initiated half the TDs after he started getting beaten up on the feet. Did we watch the same fight?

Oh and LOL @ Edwards getting smoked by Ponz or anybody else.
Did I say RDA WAS WINNING?

Reading comprehension is your friend :)

A lot of hate on Edwards here, sure it wasn’t a finish but it was a one sided beat down, my pick was RDA going in, I thought the cut was going to end the fight, but props to the cut man.

I also wonder how many peeps on here that is giving Edwards a hard time for not going for the finish has ever been in the ring, mat or cage?

On the outside looking in, RDA looks extremely hard to finish

Lol STOP.

<36>
Absolutely! RDA is a proven high caliber UFC fighter who gives a remarkably consistent effort. Leon was better over 25 minutes. If they fought several more times it would probably just look like a continuation of this fight.

On the flip side. If Masvidal were to fight Ben several more times. I'm just not sure how those fights would go based off of one knee. Jorge did feel the need to open the game with the Hail Mary after all.

He’s not that good. RDA is just small for the division. Not sure Edwards is UFC caliber yet. His win tonight was essentially meaningless. Also not impressive.

Not sure if he's UFC caliber? He beat a former UFC champion who mauled Robbie Lawler at this weight he's supposedly too small for. He beat the guy who has more UFC wins than anyone. He beat Luque who is 6-0 since then, all finishes. Only one guy on his current winning streak had a losing UFC record, even Tumenov who was cut was 5-2. How on earth is he not UFC caliber?

He makes guys look bad. Good guys.
He's a highly skilled and cerebral grinder - fantastic at sticking to a high-level gameplan and very good in every area without excelling anywhere.

Very hard sell, agreed. But a very good contender.

Colby, Usman and Askren all share a similar fate with Leon. The only major difference between all 4 is with Askren's ability to talk trash in interviews and on twitter.

Clean win for Leon but it was Meh. It's a win you won't remember or wanna remember in the long run.

To be fair Askren only has one decision in his last ten fights, mostly first round finishes.

These days you can't be a good fighter unless you have a fire IG and FB account

That's what makes fighting good

I know his name and watched 5 minutes of him against RDA, after that I decided there are better things to spend my time on.

Back