Leon Edwards ducked Wonderboy to fight Chimaev instead

Twixt

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
So basically Wonderboy wanted to fight Leon Edwards, Chimaev wanted to fight Wonderboy, and Edwards wanted to fight for the title. After it became clear Edwards was getting no such title fight, he had two options; either fight Wonderboy (and solidify his place as next in line IF he won) or Chimaev (an over-hyped, journeyman, up-and-comer). Wonderboy would have dominated Leon and he knows it, so he took the easy fight against an overrated up and comer just so he wouldn't have to get pieced up by Wonderboy. Either way I still look forward to seeing Khazmat get exposed by an OK fighter (Wonderboy would have dominated either).

Wonderboy > Leon > Khazmat

After watching Wonderboy get outwrestled by a youtuber i think leon beats him

Leon's 4D chess lmao, he gon wish he took the Wonderboy fight.
After he pastes Chimaev maybe he will have the confidence to fight Wonderboy (though he'd still get dominated).

Incredible as it seems, Leon’s terrible career decisions makes Tony Ferguson’s look genius like...LoL

Chimaev is an easier fight that Wonderboy.

People forget how elite this guy is.

In this particular case, he's definitely one of the worst matchups for a point striker like Leon. Leon is very well rounded and has good wrestling as well, but probably not good enough to be super effective against Wonderboy.

Wonderboy is getting way up there in age though so who knows at this point.

Chimaev is an easier fight that Wonderboy.

People forget how elite this guy is.
"People forget how elite this guy is" (Wonderboy(
He hasn't fought in a year so yes. You need to fight so people don't forget you.

Not exactly.

Leon wanted shitle tot, Wonderboy wanted Leon, Zat wanted anyone in the top 10-15, UFC wanted Zat in the TOP 10 more than they cared for anything Wonderboy or Leon wanted.

Leon thought he had avoided both until he got trebuchet'ed out of the rankings. Left with no bargaining power, UFC had him settle for Zat.

House always wins.

Thompson is 37 and lost 3 of his last 5. Chimaev is on a tear. Top fighters are ducking him.

Dana told Edwards he gets a TS if he beats Chimaev. Beating Wonderboy just does not mean a ton right now.

"People forget how elite this guy is" (Wonderboy(
He hasn't fought in a year so yes. You need to fight so people don't forget you.

Wonderboy is a very good fighter. But 'elite' people do not lose as often as he has been losing.

But 'elite' people do not lose as often as he has been losing.

False. We've seen it before and we'll see it again. Frankie Edgar lost three in a row mid career. Jose Aldo, like Wonderboy, has lost three of his last five.

It can happen. When an older fighter goes on a skid, it doesn't always mean they are irrevocably fading. Sometimes it simply means they are fighting top guys every outing.

What is there to expose about Khamzat?

WB is 38 years old and clearly slowing down. He destroyed Luque who is a nice matchup for him. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he hits a wall soon. The Pettis fluke KO set him back too much.

I'm not sure Edward's sees Chimaev as the easier fight. I actually think he sees a way for him to make a splash by beating UFCs new golden child.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back