Legal vs illegal in a nutshell

I'd like to see some of these people who *knowingly* hire illegals. Do you know what goes in to a background check for your average job? Who is supposed to be naming the illegals? You're putting that on joe blow the supervisor making $14/hr who hates his job?
Do you know all jobs don't background check...

I believe there will be some kind of combination of lesser payroll, and or higher gross revenue, either or, that will work in your favor. But if you really only gross $100K/yr, maybe you should just only hire your wife as a secretary and that is it. $25K is a bit much for you to take on.

Or like in your scenario, pay Jose even less, pay yourself more, put some family on payroll. That way, you pay taxes on $25K payroll, but you and your family are banking more. Yes, then your income gets taxed, but I am sure there is certain combination of numbers to maximize the $100K gross revenue to $25K for yourself.

Or you pay Jose cash from your own personal bank account. That is money already taxed. And you just dont pay Jose a lot. Like lets say you do bathroom renovations. That is someone I think make about $100K gross revenue a year.

You really only need help carrying tile, glue, wonderboard, tools, and debris up and down stairs. You use a different illegal every job, or just put them on a rotation. You only need one, and can pay him like $30-$50/day (depends on the area). You dont pay workman comp, medical, or unemployment insurance tax etc, etc on them. When you have no jobs or smaller job, you dont pay them anything.

You asked why companies do it. I explained why.

This above post is you trying to convince yourself that it's a waste of time/money. But if it was a waste of time/money then companies wouldn't be doing it. They'd just do what you're saying they should do. But what you're saying doesn't work for them mathematically and staying under the radar for tax scrutiny.

I'm not trying to convince you that my opinion is right. I'm explaining to why something is happening that way it's happening. I used a simple example to walk through the math at a basic level. But employers who are hiring illegals know the math for their companies quite well and it is more complicated. They wouldn't choose the less optimal solution just because.

And your sense of what types of jobs illegals are working seems to be limited to day laborer construction work. That is an error on your part.

Assuming the extra details check out, it is very troubling that Joe Illegal seems to have an advantage over Joe Legal.

• Joe legal works in construction, has a Social Security number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose illegal also works in construction has no Social Security number and makes $15.00 per hour cash, under the table.

Ready?... now pay attention....

Joe legal: $25.00 per hour × 40 hours = $1,000.00 per week or $52,000.00 per year. Now, take 31% away for State and Federal taxes. Joe legal now has $31,231.00.

Jose illegal: $15.00 an hour × 40 hours = $600.00 per week or $31,200.00 per year. Jose illegal pays no taxes. Jose illegal now has $31,200.00.

Joe legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year. Joe legal now has $24,031.00.

Jose illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the State and local clinics and emergency hospitals at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare. Joe legal spends $500.00 per month for food or $6,000.00 per year. Joe legal now has $18,031.00.

Jose illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps, WIC and welfare. Jose illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe legal pays rent of 1,200.00 per month or $14,400.00 per year. Joe legal now has $9,631.00.

Jose illegal receives $500.00 per month Federal rent subsidy. Jose illegal pays out that $500.00 per month or $6,000.00 per year. Jose illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe legal pays $200.00 per month or $2,400.00 per year for car insurance. Some of that is uninsured motorist insurance. Joe legal now has $7,231.00.

Jose illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance."... and still has $31,000.00.

Joe legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline.. etc.

Jose illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline and what he sends out of the country every month....

Joe legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.

Jose illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe legal's and Jose illegal's children both attend the same elementary school.

Joe legal pays for his children's lunches while...

Jose illegal's children get a government-sponsored lunch.

Jose illegal's children have an after school ESL program.

Joe legal's children go home.

Now, when they reach college age...

Joe legal's kids may not get into a State school and may not qualify for scholarships, grants or other tuition help, even though Joe has been paying for State schools through his taxes, while...

Jose illegal's kids go to the, 'head of the class' because they are a minority.

Joe legal and Jose illegal both benefit from the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not.

Do you get it, now?
And people will still try to tell me that I vote against my best interests.

And people will still try to tell me that I vote against my best interests.

Did you just take all that as gospel? Regardless of how you feel about immigration, the OP is basically a chain letter that would get circulated by old people who don't really understand any of the details. It's basically a long meme.

Did you just take all that as gospel? Regardless of how you feel about immigration, the OP is basically a chain letter that would get circulated by old people who don't really understand any of the details. It's basically a long meme.
I know our country willingly wastes my tax dollars on illegal immigrants. Money that could be going to improve the life of my kid. Thats enough for me.

I know our country willingly wastes my tax dollars on illegal immigrants. Money that could be going to improve the life of my kid. Thats enough for me.

What exactly are the people you're voting for doing for this kid of yours?

What exactly are the people you're voting for doing for this kid of yours?
We can talk about other issues in other threads. This is about illegal immigrants.

The GOP did say a lot to me in the last election, though. I've always supported better trade deals, strong military, improved border and immigration control, lower taxes etc.

Call me cold but caring for other counties unwanteds, who sneak here and hide in the shadows of society absorbing public assistance and driving down wages on blue collar labor jobs is not something that I think does a lot for me. Its ridiculous. The US is one of the world leaders in taking in displaced people. We shouldn't be exploited and cheated for it.

So in regards to illegal immigration you willingly accept false, contrived, bullshit narratives like the one given by the OP. But you also claim that you know things on the subject that make such false superfluous.

Ever considered that what you know is based on the false information you choose to blindly accept and then sidestep when called on it?

Yes.

The American entrepreneur who hired Jose under the table in an attempt to increase his own profits, at the ultimate expense of me, a hard working American taxpayer, is a POS scum bag who should be criminally charged.

Thank you for helping me get woke!
Every illegal I've ever hired or worked with had a fake SSN. They all paid taxes homie.

btAgldSfpmJt3JgSSCYE-CronJbLk7n20igUB6a0nRETVxx5P_PEd56HfB6IT_th28xNh10T9M2tPNyVYXCMxC_yJv79p66Vy6Gi_raSzUKivCOzsJo-9NgTW3_YRLTtUmp_mm-uqP8h0IebmMQgeRjS=s0-d

I'd like to see some of these people who *knowingly* hire illegals. Do you know what goes in to a background check for your average job? Who is supposed to be naming the illegals? You're putting that on joe blow the supervisor making $14/hr who hates his job?
<{fry}>

I have watched our construction industry be over run with low wage illegals that put law abiding company's outta business because they can't compete while sticking with American citizens at a decent wage. The illegals Will work 15 he days for 100 bucks a day finishing concrete which is a $30 per hr craft in the states.
So in your copy / paste of that stupid chain letter, you said that illegals make 15/ hour, but this post you say they make 100$ a day. That's a big difference.

Jose illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the State and local clinics and emergency hospitals at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose illegal still has $31,200.00.
Yeah, no. Emergency rooms always give you a bill. You can choose to not pay them but your credit will go to shit and you'll be hounded by creditors. LOL at full dental coverage for free.

Jose illegal receives $500.00 per month Federal rent subsidy. Jose illegal pays out that $500.00 per month or $6,000.00 per year. Jose illegal still has $31,200.00.
You think that they pay you to live in shitty government housing?
{<jordan}
If that's so, then someone should tell the illegals around here. They all live 10-15 deep in a trailer that they had to pay for.

Joe legal pays $200.00 per month or $2,400.00 per year for car insurance. Some of that is uninsured motorist insurance. Joe legal now has $7,231.00.

Jose illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance."... and still has $31,000.00.
Plenty of Joe legals don't feel like paying for car insurance either because their license is suspended because they're on their fifth dui.

Jose illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps, WIC and welfare. Jose illegal still has $31,200.00.
Oh, boy. Are you serious. You think you can sign up for SNAP, WIC, and Wellfare if you aren't a citizen of the U.S.?
https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/snap-policy-non-citizen-eligibility
"A person must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible, lawfully-present non-citizen to qualify for SNAP benefits. Non-citizens who are eligible based on their immigration status must also satisfy other SNAP eligibility requirements such as income and resource limits to receive SNAP benefits."

This is so thoroughly full of shit. I love the line "We don't need no stinkin' insurance." It really sells the letter as written by an angry fox-news-watching grandma who thinks every Mexican looks like this:
stinkin_badges_bandito_1770.jpg

Do you get it, now?
Yeah. You have no clue what the fuck you're talking about.

So in your copy / paste of that stupid chain letter, you said that illegals make 15/ hour, but this post you say they make 100$ a day. That's a big difference.

Yeah, no. Emergency rooms always give you a bill. You can choose to not pay them but your credit will go to shit and you'll be hounded by creditors. LOL at full dental coverage for free.

You think that they pay you to live in shitty government housing?
{<jordan}
If that's so, then someone should tell the illegals around here. They all live 10-15 deep in a trailer that they had to pay for.

Plenty of Joe legals don't feel like paying for car insurance either because their license is suspended because they're on their fifth dui.

Oh, boy. Are you serious. You think you can sign up for SNAP, WIC, and Wellfare if you aren't a citizen of the U.S.?
https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/snap-policy-non-citizen-eligibility
"A person must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible, lawfully-present non-citizen to qualify for SNAP benefits. Non-citizens who are eligible based on their immigration status must also satisfy other SNAP eligibility requirements such as income and resource limits to receive SNAP benefits."

This is so thoroughly full of shit. I love the line "We don't need no stinkin' insurance." It really sells the letter as written by an angry fox-news-watching grandma who thinks every Mexican looks like this:
stinkin_badges_bandito_1770.jpg

Yeah. You have no clue what the fuck you're talking about.
Delusional imbecile.... the copy and paste is a perspective and the 100 bucks a day is my own observation of company's on sites I am privy to. As for the rest of your rant please see initial statement of this post

Delusional imbecile.... the copy and paste is a perspective and the 100 bucks a day is my own observation of company's on sites I am privy to. As for the rest of your rant please see initial statement of this post
Either a thing is true, or it isn't. Your perspective on it doesn't change that.

For instance, you can't apply for SNAP if you're not a legal US citizen.

Another fact is you don't get paid 500$ to live in government housing, and you can't qualify for said government housing without paperwork indicating you're a legal citizen.

It happens EVERY day dude. It's just people like yourself whom are to disconnected from what's really happening. The problem is much larger then fixing one aspect and it all done. However WE NEED TO SECURE OUR BORDERS AND SEND EVERY SINGLE ILLEGAL ALIEN BACK HOME AND GET THEM OFF THE DOLE

Back