• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinion Lebron James in America is "hands up, don't shoot". Lebron James in China is....

Lebron is a talented dirtbag. He knows he can get away with no penalty when he shits on America, but can't with China.

@Fugazy , so he's right, we're wrong. It's settled

<45><Lmaoo>

Yeah.

I've been nothing but direct with him but he swears I'm refusing to answer him.

When your only play is to muddy the waters and play semantic games, you know what it is.

I mean if it's so offensive to everyone you guys can like not watch the NBA.

There's the Big 3 League! :D

The NBA is for wimps. Hockey is a real man's sport.

tenor.gif

See, I didn't know he's been vocal about international issues before. I've asked for evidence of that several times in this thread and outside of quoting MLK, I haven't seen anything. He's always seemed hyperfocused on inner city black communities first, black America in general second, and America in general in distant third.

Bruh, you've been given examples.

Jesus Christ. It keeps looking worse and worse for LJ...

https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/15/lebron-james-nba-adam-silver-daryl-morey/

REPORT: LeBron James Questioned Adam Silver Over Lack Of Punishment For Daryl Morey’s China Tweet

In fairness shouldn’t he be punished? He’s not critiquing America’s oppression, he’s critiquing China’s oppression ... the one critique makes money, the other critique loses money. Those who don’t grasp this sacred truth and affirm it most vigorously deserve their punishment.

In fairness shouldn’t he be punished? He’s not critiquing America’s oppression, he’s critiquing China’s oppression ... the one critique makes money, the other critique loses money. Those who don’t grasp this sacred truth and affirm it most vigorously deserve their punishment.
According to at least two people in this thread it does.

I'm not even calling out the fake woke people in this thread. These are Hong Kong people waving American flags as their saviour and arguing for freedom of speech yet they are wearing products of a league that has openly supported the government they are protesting against.

Can you see how dumb that is?

they are burning the NBA shit now. As should every American.

According to at least two people in this thread it does.

Well, there’s also a crucial racial distinction, insofar as the Chinese—not being white—are technically incapable of being oppressors. So I am told. In fact, it works in reverse: To criticize the Chinese government is, technically speaking, just another form of white supremacy.

Well, there’s also a crucial racial distinction, insofar as the Chinese—not being white—are technically incapable of being oppressors. So I am told. In fact, it works in reverse: To criticize the Chinese government is, technically speaking, just another form of white supremacy.

I have little doubt that that exact script is running in the mental background with certain posters.

It would seem consistent with how corporate America handles employees who generate bad headlines that potentially cost the company money.

That’s the joke. I don’t think anybody is *surprised* that it is always just about the money and Lebron and the NBA would be joyous of running sweatshops and smashing minorities if it made them more cash. It’s just that many people seem to have believed there was some *moral* authenticity behind the entities in question, rather than just authentic all pervading greed.

God DAMN I am supreme!

<Gordonhat>

That’s the joke. I don’t think anybody is *surprised* that it is always just about the money and Lebron and the NBA would be joyous of running sweatshops and smashing minorities if it made them more cash. It’s just that many people seem to have believed there was some *moral* authenticity behind the entities in question, rather than just authentic all pervading greed.
Now that is some truth.
A part of me did believe that LeBron was capable of coming out and speaking up for Hong Kong, if only in passing.

But then I remembered that he's no longer simply a guy from the hood trying to make it. He's trying to become a billionaire.

Absolutely no way he's going to allow anyting to set him back from that at this point, I'm sure.

love the new hashtag suggestion #DomesticallyWoke. This should go viral

Now that is some truth.
A part of me did believe that LeBron was capable of coming out and speaking up for Hong Kong, if only in passing.

But then I remembered that he's no longer simply a guy from the hood trying to make it. He's trying to become a billionaire.

Absolutely no way he's going to allow anyting to set him back from that at this point, I'm sure.

I assumed he'd just shut up and dribble, claim ignorance to the cause, and then blame racism when the right wing attacks him for being woke in America but silenced in China. Him taking a pro-China stance is pretty surprising and disgusting.

Back