• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinion Lebron James in America is "hands up, don't shoot". Lebron James in China is....

How are people just learning this as adults? Who ever taught you otherwise? Did you learn somewhere that you have to care about every social injustice on Earth?

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"

He'll probably navigate it the same way every single other major global entity in the world navigates it, lol. Even the Pope doesn't speak out against China.
...right.

I think you're either trying to make an create more argument or you're determined to have the final word on something that you've instructed me not to care about.

I do support the causes by actually working for them.

I said "protests". You don't support the protests in America. You've made that clear with the rest of this post. So why should LeBron support the protests in Hong Kong? Maybe he's like you and he thinks "yelling in a street" is useless.

You obviously don't know what "hypocrite" means, and you truly are an idiot.

Is this how you gloss over not knowing what illustrious means?

The black youth of this country has basically become indoctrinated that sneakers are important. Marketing has done that for them. There's videos of people being killed over sneakers, robbed, bullied at school, bullied in public etc. If you sold a product with your name on it, that was doing that to "your people" as another poser put it, would you?

My point was the only reason those shoes are so expensive is because of marketing and exploitation of a particular race and age group. They're expensive for reason, that if you don't have them and the matching outfit to go with it, you are poor, and will be picked on.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Literally just one example. Gimme a quote, a tweet, something. Why all those words to not answer my question?

You obviously are choosing to ignore my post about his show The Shop.

Keep your blinders on, they fit you so well.

I was a poor black kid and I never got picked on for not having nice shoes.

His shoes are expensive because they are in high demand and his name has value. Does a hotel that charges high prices not care about black people?

This article is hilarious and right on the money
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...daryl-morey-china-hong-kong-tweet/3982436002/

When Lebron mentioned that Morey doesn't realize how hard of a week they had in China and the Tweet made their week tougher, the author said:

Right on, LeBron. Millions in Hong Kong are fearful that their entire way of life is about to change, and thousands upon thousands of protesters are risking their lives to make a stand for their freedom and their future. Why would Morey think about them when your preseason vacation and your bank account is at stake? How selfish of him.

LOL!

I was a poor black kid and I never got picked on for not having nice shoes.

His shoes are expensive because they are in high demand and his name has value. Does a hotel that charges high prices not care about black people?

No, they don't. But, do you see those businesses out there supporting black lives matter?

You obviously are choosing to ignore my post about his show The Shop.

Keep your blinders on, they fit you so well.

Nah, I saw it. I just asked for a quote. What did he say?

No, they don't. But, do you see those businesses out there supporting black lives matter?

You're asking if there is any business that charges high prices and supports BLM?

If I say yes and provide examples, will you retract your statement?

You're asking if there is any business that charges high prices and supports BLM?

If I say yes and provide examples, will you retract your statement?
You said hotels

I said "protests". You don't support the protests in America. You've made that clear with the rest of this post. So why should LeBron support the protests in Hong Kong? Maybe he's like you and he thinks "yelling in a street" is useless.

Is this how you gloss over not knowing what illustrious means?

0/10

I don't agree that we are illustrious in any way. Outside of that community we aren't known. We don't do this stuff for attention or backslaps. Hell half the people that work there are in and out in a few months and may or may not remember us in a few years time.

Our memorial is a window in a garden that most people probably never even pay attention to.

He'll probably navigate it the same way every single other major global entity in the world navigates it, lol. Even the Pope doesn't speak out against China.

The Pope has to be much more careful and calculating when dealing with China because if he is too critical it will endanger the lives of Chinese Catholics and threaten the existence of the Church in China. Unlike Lebron, there is far more at stake for the Church and Chinese Catholics than a shoe deal and some money from merchandising.

He probably votes R but lies in public about it.

I'd be surprised if he votes at all. Most of those Hollywood progressive types don't even bother either. I remember when Ben Affleck talked about wanting a political career in the future, they discovered that he never even voted. That's how these people are.

Well LeBron doesn't sell hotels, he sells shoes. I just gave hotels as an example. Or are you saying this only applies to hotels and shoes?

I was replying to your example.

My response was in regards to his shoe brand. You brought hotels and other businesses up

0/10

I don't agree that we are illustrious in any way. Outside of that community we aren't known. We don't do this stuff for attention or backslaps. Hell half the people that work there are in and out in a few months and may or may not remember us in a few years time.

Our memorial is a window in a garden that most people probably never even pay attention to.

So...do you or do you not support the protests here? Let's use BLM. Did you support the BLM protests?

Lol...okay, then yall aren't illustrious. I don't give a shit about your fam, I was just going off of how you described them.

My response was in regards to his shoe brand. You brought hotels and other businesses up

So it's just shoes, then? Charging a lot for shoes means you don't care about Black America, but charging a lot for anything else is okay?

So it's just shoes, then? Charging a lot for shoes means you don't care about Black America, but charging a lot for anything else is okay?

Again, my response was about lebron james and his shoes.

Back