• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinion Lebron James in America is "hands up, don't shoot". Lebron James in China is....

Don't believe Lebron was using that whole freedom of speech has negative consequences line when he was campaigning for Hillary in Ohio.

It's funny, because if he understood that the only difference for someone like him between Hillary and Trump is him paying more taxes, then he would probably support Trump. But people like him are led by others in the sports and entertainment industry.

False, his shoes aren't made from expensive materials. His shoes are made through slave labor, then marketed the urban population. And sold for a ridiculous amount of profit.

Expensive goods as you put it, could have been expensive due to expensive materials, or an expensive process. So your argument makes no sense.
I'm not going to disagree with the slave labor part but I have to say that the difference between sliding on a pear of the LeBron 15s and my run-of-the-mill black and white Nikes are colossal when you do as much walking as I do.

With that said, they are way too expensive and definitely benefit from a lot of good marketing and an entire culture that will check your feet before they even look you in the eyes. I never even knew it existed until I bought a couple of good pair basketball shoes. Some people are in deep on that shit, just like anything else I suppose.

We aren't rich or illustrious, cuntbag.

We're middle class who used to be poor. But we were helped by some kind people so we give back all we can to others who need help.

Let me ask you a simple question, do you believe in words, or actions?

Do you think the protestors who accomplished nothing in my city need another mouth in their ranks or do you think the young man who shows up at a legal clinic needs someone in the office helping them to understand their rights?

?

That's why. Because when groups of people go to play and pretend, there is still work to be done.

Do you not know what illustrious means?

il·lus·tri·ous
/iˈləstrēəs/

adjective
  1. well known, respected, and admired for past achievements.

No one said you were rich.

You are, however, a hypocrite. You don't support the protests in your own country, but you expect LeBron to support the protests in Hong Kong. You only support causes you care about, but you expect LeBron to support causes he's never expresed interest in. You contribute to the community in apolitical ways, but you expect LeBron to get embroiled in political conflicts.

I hear what you are saying, but Ali didn't go to prison. He won on appeal. The rest is true.
I stand corrected. Regardless I'm sure Ali had more to lose than Lebron. Lebron is actually in a very unique spot because tons of people idolize him all over the world. Imagine how awesome it would have been if he fought the good fight instead.

Not expecting him to.

I said it would be cool.

Instead, I can't wait to see how he navigates this hypocritical mess that he's put himself in. Should be magical, seeing as he has all the resources in the world the backing up and give him the correct lines, if such a thing exists.

Believe me, the last thing I expect is integrity.

He'll probably navigate it the same way every single other major global entity in the world navigates it, lol. Even the Pope doesn't speak out against China.

What I've learned from this thread and the other similar one on this topic is that it's okay to be selective about your morality and selective about which injustices to rally against.

I cannot believe there are people in this thread defending the NBA and Lebron James over this.

Actually, scratch that....I can believe it unfortunately.

I stand corrected. Regardless I'm sure Ali had more to lose than Lebron. Lebron is actually in a very unique spot because tons of people idolize him all over the world. Imagine how awesome it would have been if he fought the good fight instead.

Ali specifically refused to comment on the Vietnam War (which involved China) because he felt America's racist hypocrisy was more pressing. How is this different from what LeBron is doing?

Bingo, he's a mammoth star and arguably one of the best of all time.

Imagine, just imagine the clout he would have on speaking out against these injustices

Lmao. Most of the people here are just shitting on lebron because they don’t like him. Not because they actually care about what’s going on in China.
Bringing LeBron's hypocrisy to light has nothing to do with liking him.

"Expensive" can also refer to the cost for the consumer...

Amd in this case they're expensive because of marketing to urban youth, the very people he claims to care about.

Don't believe Lebron was using that whole freedom of speech has negative consequences line when he was campaigning for Hillary in Ohio.

It's funny, because if he understood that the only difference for someone like him between Hillary and Trump is him paying more taxes, then he would probably support Trump. But people like him are led by others in the sports and entertainment industry.

He probably votes R but lies in public about it.

LeBron tucked his tail, did you even read his "clarification". Lmao.

He literally said he was so smart and educated on the subject that he knew what he was talking about more than others and also said he wouldn't talk about the substance of Moryl's tweet (You know the massive injustice in HK) and he would leave that to others.

But this is the same guy who was on his show The Shop with his buddies going on about how there is no racism in Europe. So yeah he cares and comments about social justice issues in other countries, unfortunately he is just an idiot and a fraud.

Literally just one example. Gimme a quote, a tweet, something. Why all those words to not answer my question?

Amd in this case they're expensive because of marketing to urban youth, the very people he claims to care about.

This isn't a coherent thought. Read it again and revise.

"Mouth taped, hands out (for Chinese money)".

He went from "I can't breathe" to "I can't talk because China pays me too much money".

Lebron James and Adam Silver are MLK and Eleanor Roosevelt wannabees. However, when they cross the Pacific into China, they turn into Kenny McCormick.

It seems civil rights only matter when in America and poor African countries who aren't going to take billions of dollars.

I never want to hear either one of these clowns lecturing Americans about race relations ever again.

Untitled.png
His new name is now Lebron LAMES

I can't believe that Lebron didn't just quietly ride this out, he had to take to social media to whine about the "difficult week" the millionaires and billionaires of the NBA had, while chastising Morey for daring to speak against the CCP. Hey did they ever find the racist white guy who spray painted the n word on Lebron's gate??

Yeah, he just had Adam silver wear a mask when he did it, and when LeDouche James virtue signaled to the world about it during the finals, they burned the evidence.

Fucking Letrash James really shit the bed with his comments yesterday. He's taking a pounding on social media and in the news. Anything LeQueen has to say will be irrelevant from here on out. He's a hypocrite, a piece a shit and 3-6 in the finals.

What I've learned from this thread and the other similar one on this topic is that it's okay to be selective about your morality and selective about which injustices to rally against.

How are people just learning this as adults? Who ever taught you otherwise? Did you learn somewhere that you have to care about every social injustice on Earth?

Do you not know what illustrious means?

il·lus·tri·ous
/iˈləstrēəs/

adjective
  1. well known, respected, and admired for past achievements.

No one said you were rich.

You are, however, a hypocrite. You don't support the protests in your own country, but you expect LeBron to support the protests in Hong Kong. You only support causes you care about, but you expect LeBron to support causes he's never expresed interest in. You contribute to the community in apolitical ways, but you expect LeBron to get embroiled in political conflicts.

I do support the causes by actually working for them.

You obviously don't know what "hypocrite" means, and you truly are an idiot.

What does yelling in a street accomplish? In my city, where those protests are few and far between, nothing. What does working with the people who need help accomplish? A lot more. When people put together resources to help the community, change happens. When people yell at a building for half a day, usually at the wrong people anyhow, nothing happens, despite their best intentions.

Lmao. Most of the people here are just shitting on lebron because they don’t like him. Not because they actually care about what’s going on in China.
Personally I was actually fine with Lebron and consider him to be the best NBA player there is. I actually felt bad for him every time he loses championships because he seems to be doing his best carrying his team. But this situation gave us a clear view of his character so he can go fuck himself.

How are people just learning this as adults? Who ever taught you otherwise? Did you learn somewhere that you have to care about every social injustice on Earth?

Literally no one thinks this or is arguing this point. He is arguing with no one over something he imagined.

We are pointing out the blatant hypocrisy and fraudulence of LeFlop and @Leagon is in a corner somewhere sniveling about some other bullshit all by himself.

Back