Least padded record in MMA?

By "least padded" I mean "containing the least amount of cans", basically a record comprised of solid fighters throughout. I'm looking at former or current UFC fighters.

My pick: Lyoto Machida (yes, I'm a biased fan)

Let's have a closer look at his record (very subjective):

View attachment 428195
Note: I marked Sokoudjou as "decent" but at the time he was super hyped and a betting favorite.

That's only TWO cans in 32 fights (6%)!
25 fight streak against non-cans!
13 fights (40%) against UFC/PRIDE champs!

You got anyone who can beat that?

EDIT: I mean a current or former UFC fighter's FULL RECORD. Picking a least padded record in the UFC stint alone would be near impossible since the UFC barely has any cans. Sorry, thread title may be a bit misleading to some.

It's a nice record, but you're crazy as hell if you think only two are cans.

And why are you including the losses?

Last edited:
It's a nice record, but you're crazy as hell if you think only two are cans.

And why are you including the losses.

Why the fuck would you not include the losses?

Do you not consider guys having fought if they lose?

Why the fuck would you not include the losses?

Do you not consider guys having fought if they lose?

Why the fuck are you cussing at me chump?

I was asking because when people talk about padded records, they're usually talking about the wins.

BJ Penn hasn't had an easy match-up in virtually his entire MMA career.

Brock Lesnar is another guy who hasn't had any easy match-ups in his entire UFC career.

Nick Diaz, Dan Henderson, Shogun are some others with tough schedules as well.

Holly Holm. Her record isn’t great. But that is because she took many tough fights.

Unless you consider Ronda a can... <45>

By "least padded" I mean "containing the least amount of cans", basically a record comprised of solid fighters throughout. I'm looking at former or current UFC fighters.

My pick: Lyoto Machida (yes, I'm a biased fan)

Let's have a closer look at his record (very subjective):

View attachment 428195
Note: I marked Sokoudjou as "decent" but at the time he was super hyped and a betting favorite.

That's only TWO cans in 32 fights (6%)!
25 fight streak against non-cans!
13 fights (40%) against UFC/PRIDE champs!

You got anyone who can beat that?

EDIT: I mean a current or former UFC fighter's FULL RECORD. Picking a least padded record in the UFC stint alone would be near impossible since the UFC barely has any cans. Sorry, thread title may be a bit misleading to some.
Romero. end of story.

Gotta be Dan Henderson.

Looking at his record, Tim Boetsch is far and away the worst opponent he faced in the UFC. After that is is probably Palhares. He constantly faced top level guys.
Was him vs palhares worth watching?

There's a lot of fighters that deserves to be mentioned here but honestly I'm just glad to see Lyoto mentioned without being labelled a cheater or a cheetah.

Those were GNC vitamins he popped for, and someone that runs all the time wouldn't have 8 finishes in the UFC. Lyoto, top 5 LHW of all time, future HOF, dont care what any of you gatorade swilling apes say.

Yes. He fought 0-5 Yosuke Nishijima.
That's 1 can in 27 fights = 4%
Wow, I guess we have a winner then. Hunt is the man.
<mma4>
giphy.gif

Couture?
We barely knew the old man and he was fighting Vitor.

Dan Henderson has to be up there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back