Least padded record in MMA?

Watch ur mouth
Vernon White has a losing record.

Just because he fought for a (gifted, coming off 2 straight losses) UFC title does not make him “decent”.

I’m not going to bother going through all of their records but they all have plenty of cans in there.
Perhaps not a world beater but a King of the Cage LHW Champion with four successful title defenses is certainly not a can. Much more experienced than Lyoto when they fought too.

Vernon White has a losing record.

Just because he fought for a (gifted, coming off 2 straight losses) UFC title does not make him “decent”.

I’m not going to bother going through all of their records but they all have plenty of cans in there.
Vernon White never fought for the UFC title. If you are thinking about his fight with Chuck that was before Chuck got the belt.

I would call him more of a journeyman than a "can".
I don't feel like going through every fight on his record (I did peak at his wiki) but I bet he has a decent record against guys his own size.

He beat a few decent fighters and yes, he lost a lot but many of those losses were to really good fighters. Bas Rutten, Funaki, Frank Shamrock, Pedro Rizzo, Prime Chuck, Machida
(Aka guys he realistically never should have been in the cage with.)

** Also he was fighting in the Vale Tudo, NHB, old school "OG" era,
a lot of his losses were HW/open weight (pre weight classes) and Vernon is a guy who fought at MW.

He probably could have had a better record if he fought more appropriate opponents, guys his size and reasonably matched to his skill level. He fought a lot of killers.

He beat Marvin Eastman who had wins over Rampage, Jason MacDonald, Alan Belcher, Terry Martin

He also beat Matushenko, David Terrell.

He isn't as bad as his record looks if you just read the win loss draw #s.

Vernon White never fought for the UFC title. If you are thinking about his fight with Chuck that was before Chuck got the belt.

I would call him more of a journeyman than a "can".
I don't feel like going through every fight on his record (I did peak at his wiki) but I bet he has a decent record against guys his own size.

He beat a few decent fighters and yes, he lost a lot but many of those losses were to really good fighters. Bas Rutten, Funaki, Frank Shamrock, Pedro Rizzo, Prime Chuck, Machida
(Aka guys he realistically never should have been in the cage with.)

** Also he was fighting in the Vale Tudo, NHB, old school "OG" era,
a lot of his losses were HW/open weight (pre weight classes) and Vernon is a guy who fought at MW.

He probably could have had a better record if he fought more appropriate opponents, guys his size and reasonably matched to his skill level. He fought a lot of killers.

He beat Marvin Eastman who had wins over Rampage, Jason MacDonald, Alan Belcher, Terry Martin

He also beat Matushenko, David Terrell.

He isn't as bad as his record looks if you just read the win loss draw #s.
The truth is...most of his losses (17) were in Pancrase where he was learnin´ the ground game, tough call for a pure striker...

Was a learning experience, that enabled him to give a good [defensive] fight against SAKU.

Then he went on to fight killers like LHW/HW Pedro Hizzo @ WVC...

Hespect.

Last edited:
Rampage had a hell of a road.

- Jones, Rashad, Lyoto, Liddell, Hammill, Wanderlei, Hendo, Griffin, Bader, Glover

LHW at that time was loaded.

Fedor obviously, great competition like Maldonodo,Lindland, Hong man Choi, Kenny Rogers, Jagmeat singh,Bigfoot silva, 900 year old hendo, sakuraba.

Perhaps not a world beater but a King of the Cage LHW Champion with four successful title defenses is certainly not a can. Much more experienced than Lyoto when they fought too.

Well, anything can be argued.

Pele Landi wrecked Hughes and Miletich back to back.
Then he earned a contract with Pride, where he lost to Daijiro Matsui.
Who are the cans?
I think those overrated WW in the Western hemisphere were incredibly overrated.

Fedor obviously, great competition like Maldonodo,Lindland, Hong man Choi, Kenny Rogers, Jagmeat singh,Bigfoot silva, 900 year old hendo, sakuraba.
Crocop ......... PrideFC HW GP champ
Big Nog... PrideFC HW champ
Arlovski - UFC HW champ
Mir - UFC HW champ
Sylvia - UFC HW champ
Coleman - UFC HW Champ
Randleman - UFC HW champ
Mark Hunt- K1 champ

Crocop ......... PrideFC HW GP champ
Big Nog... PrideFC HW champ
Arlovski - UFC HW champ
Mir - UFC HW champ
Sylvia - UFC HW champ
Coleman - UFC HW Champ
Randleman - UFC HW champ
Mark Hunt- K1 champ
Back in the dark ages of mma they won against bums where wre they now?

Its about where you finished not where you started

By "least padded" I mean "containing the least amount of cans", basically a complete record comprised of solid fighters throughout. Discussing current or former UFC fighters but looking at their ENTIRE CAREER.

My pick: Lyoto Machida (yes, I'm a biased fan)

Let's have a closer look at his record (very subjective):

View attachment 428195
Note: I marked Sokoudjou as "decent" but at the time he was super hyped and a betting favorite.

That's only TWO cans in 32 fights (6%)!
25 fight streak against non-cans!
13 fights (40%) against UFC/PRIDE champs!

You got anyone who can beat that?

I mean a current or former UFC fighter's FULL RECORD. Picking a least padded record in the UFC stint alone would be near impossible since the UFC barely has any cans. Sorry, thread title may have been a bit misleading to some.

EDIT 3: BEST FIGHTERS (least padded records) I've found through this discussion:
  1. GSP: NO CANS in 28 fights!
  2. DC: NO CANS in 23 fights!
  3. BJ Penn: ONE can in 30 fights (3,33%)
  4. Rashad Evans: ONE can in 28 fights (3,57%)
  5. Mark Hunt: ONE can in 27 fights (3,70%)
Honorable mentions (no cans but no greats either):
- Amir Sadollah
- Matt Riddle
Victor never fought a can

non champs? chris weidmman by far ever since he fought silva hes fought the bets in the division nonstop dude cant catch a break

Never forget Bisping had to get knocked the fuck out by many of the sport’s top middleweights in order to earn the title.

Mihail Apostolov Had Only one fight against Fedor so...

Never forget Bisping had to get knocked the fuck out by many of the sport’s top middleweights in order to earn the title.
"Earned" the TS coz he stepped in on short notice...

Back