Learning Muay Thai

Alright so I should be pretty good after the 4 months. How much longer until someone is no longer considered a beginner and becomes intermediate or advanced?

It's not about the rank you hold in Muay Thai. There's no system for that there. It's better to be really good at the basics because that's where you're going to be pulling your techniques from.

In MT (from what i know) its pretty simple. You're intermeiate when you CONSISTENTLY start beating all the beginners....your advanced when you CONSISTENTLY beat all the intermediate guys.
BTW i think something that is great about MT is there are no belts. Put in WORK and you will get better..Who cares about what people are calling you?? You're only as good as your competition anyhow...

In some Muay Thai schools there are in fact Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced.

As for how long you become intermediate/advanced is totally up to you. If you put in the hard work, then you'll move "up" the ladder pretty quickly. Try to train everyday and master your basics.

Doesn't really matter if you're a beginner..everyone has to start somewhere. That's just like asking How long until I get my black belt? You don't think you just do.

Have fun :)

Back