Learned fighter vs. Natural fighter.

Canelo is definitely a natural fighter. He has a mean streak about him that many dont know. He grew up getting in fights regularly because hes a ginger living in mexico, and then there's the rumors of him abusing and even killing a sparring partner back in the day. I don't think ts is even talking about natural athletic ability anyways, hes referring more to mindset. That's why he said vitali is a natural fighter over wladimir even though wladimir is a more gifted athlete

Canelo is not gifted with athleticism? Wtf. The guy is super explosive, has crazy reflexes, great coordination etc.
FloweryCanineCoot-size_restricted.gif
I thought we were talking about natural abilities, but yeah Canelo does have a killer instinct, he could have broken down Khan slowly to the body but went straight for the kill instead, with that GGG got under his skin and would have went for the kill but couldn’t because he does lack the athleticism, he looks explosive against lesser fighters but hasn’t dominated or put away a fighter in their prime because of that.

But you're describing what makes a natural
Disagree. Joshua is a natural athlete but not a natural fighter like Nas who could already duck and dive before he stepped foot in a gym. Joshua often gets accused of being stiff and robotic. And Fury, he to me is a natural fighter even though Joshua beats him in every athletic pursuit you could imagine.

Last edited:
I'd say Naseem Hamed was a natural. Story goes that Brendan Ingle spotted him ducking and diving during a play ground fight and knew he was special.

I'd say Anthony Joshua was a learner rather than a born fighter.

not disagreeing dude but I’m not sure on Joshua (good shout on nas). He may not be a natural fighter ability wise, but his aggression, killer instinct can’t really be taught. it’s what really held me back in boxing and kickboxing. When I’ve hurt or floored someone, my initial instinct is are they ok, even if they’ve been putting it on me
Personally I actually think wilder is a better example

Disagree. Joshua is a natural athlete but not a natural fighter like Nas who could already duck and dive before he stepped foot in a gym. Joshua often gets accused of being stiff and robotic. And Fury, he to me is a natural fighter even though Joshua beats him in every athletic pursuit you could imagine.

I think that’s a fair distinction as well. Athletic guys without natural boxing ability is how I see it as well.

I thought we were talking about natural abilities, but yeah Canelo does have a killer instinct, he could have broken down Khan slowly to the body but went straight for the kill instead, with that GGG got under his skin and would have went for the kill but couldn’t because he does lack the athleticism, he looks explosive against lesser fighters but hasn’t dominated or put away a fighter in their prime because of that.
who has ever dented GGG? And against Jacobs he decided to box. In either fight he certainly was the more explosive fighter.

not disagreeing dude but I’m not sure on Joshua (good shout on nas). He may not be a natural fighter ability wise, but his aggression, killer instinct can’t really be taught. it’s what really held me back in boxing and kickboxing. When I’ve hurt or floored someone, my initial instinct is are they ok, even if they’ve been putting it on me
Personally I actually think wilder is a better example
Yeah I actually had a similar thing when I first started boxing. I'd actually apologise for hitting them too hard. But it's probably because I had a background in semi-contact kickboxing where too much contact was a cause of too little control.

If it was easy everyone would do it then.

They were both obviously naturally gifted fighters.
I'd say there were naturally gifted athletes that picked up boxing faster because of it.

Back