Learned fighter vs. Natural fighter.

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Give an example of a fighter who had to learn to be a fighter, and a fighter who's a natural fighter.

For the former, I'd say Wlad. For the latter, I'd say Vitali.

I'd say Naseem Hamed was a natural. Story goes that Brendan Ingle spotted him ducking and diving during a play ground fight and knew he was special.

I'd say Anthony Joshua was a learner rather than a born fighter.

Are we talking natural boxing talent or natural warrior spirit?

They always said Wlad had more natural talent but Vitali was more of a natural warrior.

Jones, Floyd, Inoue and Duran are perfect examples of natural fighters

While Cotto and Canelo have very little gifted athleticism but made up for it in the gym

I'd say one the best examples of a trained fighter is Bernard Hopkins. An excellent technician.

Joshua not natural

Wilder natural
Joshua is absolutely natural.

He and Wilder both were at Olympic trial level insanely fast after starting late.

He and Wilder both were at Olympic trial level insanely fast after starting late.
There competition wasn’t that very good at the time

There competition wasn’t that very good at the time
If it was easy everyone would do it then.

They were both obviously naturally gifted fighters.

Pac is a fighter to his bones.

Joshua would have been good at any sport that required power and athleticism. But I don't consider him a natural fighter. I think his athleticism makes him highly trainable. He could have been playing Rugby or American Football to a high level if he'd got the chance.

Joshua would have been good at any sport that required power and athleticism. But I don't consider him a natural fighter. I think his athleticism makes him highly trainable. He could have been playing Rugby or American Football to a high level if he'd got the chance.
But you're describing what makes a natural

While Cotto and Canelo have very little gifted athleticism but made up for it in the gym
Canelo is definitely a natural fighter. He has a mean streak about him that many dont know. He grew up getting in fights regularly because hes a ginger living in mexico, and then there's the rumors of him abusing and even killing a sparring partner back in the day. I don't think ts is even talking about natural athletic ability anyways, hes referring more to mindset. That's why he said vitali is a natural fighter over wladimir even though wladimir is a more gifted athlete

Canelo is not gifted with athleticism? Wtf. The guy is super explosive, has crazy reflexes, great coordination etc.
FloweryCanineCoot-size_restricted.gif

Back