Learn from a 16 year old blue belt?

I've read some about this situation on another site and it sounds as though this kid might be really good, yes even for 16. I did a quick search on YT and found a NAGA comp vid he was in 5 years ago. It's highly likely this kid has been training a very long time and is a killer much like Roberto Jimenez that was posted about weeks ago. I'm not making any sort of an argument for a 16 year old being a head instructor at a school but just saying there is probably more to the story. As much as I don't care for those 2 guys promoting him as a Torrance affiliate they aren't stupid either.

I've read some about this situation on another site and it sounds as though this kid might be really good, yes even for 16. I did a quick search on YT and found a NAGA comp vid he was in 5 years ago. It's highly likely this kid has been training a very long time and is a killer much like Roberto Jimenez that was posted about weeks ago. I'm not making any sort of an argument for a 16 year old being a head instructor at a school but just saying there is probably more to the story. As much as I don't care for those 2 guys promoting him as a Torrance affiliate they aren't stupid either.

He trained for "almost two years" before being certified in July of 2014.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/453526/16-year-old-blue-belt-run-Mississippi-Gracie-Academy/

He trained for "almost two years" before being certified in July of 2014.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/453526/16-year-old-blue-belt-run-Mississippi-Gracie-Academy/

Let's keep in mind the article being referenced here was written by someone who probably know less about BJJ than your mom. The kid has been training longer than the average person reading and posting about it in this thread.

Per this article here: http://pullingguardzine.com/blog/ji...e-founding-and-story-behind-vector-jiu-jitsu/

...he had been training about 5 years prior to that (2013) so that is about in line with the timeline I posted above. I'm not saying this kid is a God on the mats but am saying that he very well could be a lot better than most people think. Just consider there being more to the story before passing judgement.

The Gracie brothers have dojo storm-proofed their blue belt garages with the "no rolling until blue belt" rule. They have obviously learned a lot. From themselves. When the family was dojo storming everybody else.

he had been training about 5 years prior to that (2013) so that is about in line with the timeline I posted above. I'm not saying this kid is a God on the mats but am saying that he very well could be a lot better than most people think. Just consider there being more to the story before passing judgement.

They never said what he trained in. He trained in Shaolin Kempo that also incorporates grappling. It's pretty clear he didn't train in Gracie JJ until 2012.

i can talk to a mirror for 0$ to practice verbal self defense

video coming up soon

"Daaaaaaaaaaaang. Guys, we just found this 16 year old kid whose parents have more money than sense. Once they agreed to pay us for a blue belt and a SUPER LEGIT teaching certificate we were like, let's possess him with the spirit of our dead grandfather and turn him into an CERTIFIED Gracie Jiu Jitsu instructor! He just opened a gym 30 minutes from a legit black belt. SO LEGIT."

*jerks off furiously on a pile of money*

Aaaaand SCENE!

If this wasn't so sad, it'd be hilarious.

"Daaaaaaaaaaaang. Guys, we just found this 16 year old kid whose parents have more money than sense. Once they agreed to pay us for a blue belt and a SUPER LEGIT teaching certificate we were like, let's possess him with the spirit of our dead grandfather and turn him into an CERTIFIED Gracie Jiu Jitsu instructor! He just opened a gym 30 minutes from a legit black belt. SO LEGIT."

*jerks off furiously on a pile of money*

Aaaaand SCENE!

Hahaha. It's like 15 minutes away from a gym with like 3 or more legit black belts.

They never said what he trained in. He trained in Shaolin Kempo that also incorporates grappling. It's pretty clear he didn't train in Gracie JJ until 2012.

Yeah...I implore you to actually step out of the box a little bit and do some research in the future on subjects that are new to you.

Isn't he teaching some Gracie Combatives?
It's not as he is teaching proper jiu jitsu.

One of the kids that trains at the Art of Jiu Jitsu Academy all day and doesn't go to school will likely be a better instructor then most people coaches I have met.

I wonder who would win the combatives 16 year blue belt instructor (which is not a big 16 year old) or pittman's seven degree black belt 12 year kid.

I wonder who would win the combatives 16 year blue belt instructor (which is not a big 16 year old) or pittman's seven degree black belt 12 year kid.

some where Rener just stole your idea for the next Metamoris

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back