Leaf blower: gas or electric powered?

Ryobi revolutionized the home garage. Go with the battery that isn't limited to one tool.
ryobi-leaf-blowers-ry40430-64_1000.jpg

ryobi-leaf-blowers-ry25axb-64_1000.jpg

ryobi-leaf-blowers-ry08420a-64_1000.jpg

I don't know of any company that makes anything that the batteries are limited to one tool.

Are you determined to be a 20th century joke for the rest of your life?

The romance of the gas-engine muscle car is dead, dude. Tesla started raping them years ago.

LOL - reminds me of a guy who is "Mr Mopar-man" in grad school. I was telling him how F1 cars were generating 900HP, w/ no turbo, and only 2.9l engine.

He replies, "but at what RPM?".

I'm like, "14,000".

He just laughs at my response and says, "let's see what torque it has at 1,000RPM". (of course this now also a mute point since they have electric assist and DC motors put out max torque at 0 speed/RPM).

giphy.gif

My Kobalt trimmer is this way. It's great.

I say electric.
I just got a kobalt weed wacker and leaf blower. Battery lasts more than long enough for my needs. Love it.

wtf waste of money

mow over your leaves like I do

I have never been a big fan of electric lawn equipment, but the electric makita line has me interested.

IMG_0648-800x400.jpg

It's the Lowes brand Kobalt.
Best leaf blower I've ever had. So much better than my old gas blower. 80v of power !

Fuck the noise police. Gas and it isn't even close.

Leaf blowers suck and should be smashed to pieces on sight.

Fortunately, some places are starting to ban. Seems like they're mostly going after the gas ones, though.

I have both electric and gas. We have a cabin so we basically own a total of 2 leave blowers, 2 weed wackers, 4 lawnmowers, and various trimmers.

We use mostly electric smaller power equipment at the cabin. We live 15 miles from a gas station so it's just a hassle getting gas. Our electric leaf blower is more powerful than our gas one and lasts for about an hour on a charge. The weed wacker works OK but is weak compared to our gas weed wacker.

Sherbros: I need to get a leaf blower. I just assumed it would be gas powered but there are a lot of electric options now. I would like some model suggestions from those of you who own leaf blowers.

I'm looking at an EGO 56V. I have an EGO hedge trimmer and it is very good.

Appreciate Sherbro advice.

dude, haven't you heard of a rake?! lol, nah i have no idea. haven't lived in a place where i had a yard in a while.

I just yell at the leaves that are on my lawn. It shows them who is the boss.

I bought a battery trimmer once. Never lasted long enough to do my whole yard. And then I left it out in my garage during winter, and the cold killed the battery. Got worse for even the next year. The battery is more expensive than the whole gas powered unit.

You end up throwing the thing in the garbage.

Get the gas powered. Will last forever, and prevent more garbage from ending up in the landfill.

EGO is really good but I prefer Makita as they also have excellent power tools... I like all my batteries on the same system.

36v Makita yard tools are fantastic. Stay away from the single battery (18v) yard tools.

All of these work just as well as gas versions of a similar size.

Makita-36V-tools.jpg

100_tools_beauty_shot.jpg

Let me know when a fully electric car wins an F1 championship nerd

And the "romance" of combustion engines will NEVER die. No matter how antiquated they may become. Because they have something an electric car simply doesnt and wont, soul. Experience.

I really wasnt even meaning to go this route though with my post lol. In my experience electric leaf blowers are just trash compared to gas tbh.

You won't be waiting long:

https://drivetribe.com/p/breaking-n...Qj5rTIO7glGeL0iEkA?iid=B9ztHgScS3-uweAaMeehjg

How random is it that this thread was resurrected.

I got a gas one for leaves. Use a rake. I’d go battery as you can use for blowing off grass after mowing. More cities are banning gas powered leaf blowers for that purpose.

I’m waiting for Roomba to make a mower/leaf blower combo

Back