Lawler was shot.

I'm not surprised.. at these turncoat motherfuckers.

You can't really discredit Woodley like that. Lawler made a fundamental mistake, he said so himself. It doesn't matter who got hit by that right hand, their lights would go out. The problem with Robbie is the fact that he gave Tyrone the opportunity to land it. As a Lawler fan, I wish I could say that was a result of his career as a brawler, but you don't try and parry Woodley's jab. You just don't. Its all a distraction for the right hand. Lawler played into it. End of story.

His chin is fine. He is not "shot" or anything. He's just always been a mediocre fighter who got gifted some decisions.

Woodley's hit was a geniuine KO destructor punch.
Wtf?

You do realize the same Rory that Robbie destroyed, beat Woodley whose a champ now to a decisive decision right?

Robbie is a warrior and got caught. GSP got caught against Serra and that didn't prove anything, cause in the rematch Serra got owned

He wasn't shot, he was punched

Explain this literal gauntlet thing. Are you saying he tore a glove in the process of his recent wins?

Robbie has given us pretty exciting fights through out his career. Period. Not sure why anyone would want to hammer him or call him a hype train. He has done nothing but fight top tier guys, he has lost some and won some. He has always been an explosive puncher with decent TD defense who has struggled against top tier grapplers.

He has also always been one of my favorite fighters. He has been around a long time and his getting the title felt like a great feel good story for me. His style is not one that could retain the belt for that long (not defensive enough, GSP, Mayweather etc ..) . The sport is better with Robbie in it ... lets hope he isn't done ... but with his resume he is a HOF even if he never fights again.

You guys can't even see it.

Guy goes from taking infinite damage and ultra aggressive to this..lol

We sure didn't see this guy.
Robbie-Lawler-493679825-588.jpg

A pump can only do so much. He was a depleted man compared to this.

It was embarassing. Somebody should remove Lawler from the p4p rankings asap!! The guy fell down from the first punch thrown in the fight.
I feel bad for those who bought into his hype train. He has been in some close fights, and many believe he's a soul taker or a badass who cannot be stopped.
Well eat your crow.

No, Butterface tapping to a barely applied choke and getting her big nose worked over is embarrassing
3oEjHMlR5WImL1rmwg.gif

Werdum chasing Miotic like a reeree and doing his impression of Aldo was embarrassing
IYB6XVb.gif

Luke looking like he doesn't even want to be there, then getting KTFO is embarrassing
MindlessFaintBlackrhino-size_restricted.gif

McTapper... this... everything... embarrassing
ufc-196-diaz-watermarked.gif

Lawler getting cracked so hard, that there was NOT a single fucking thread about early stoppage. You can hate on Woodley, think that he's lazy and undeserving and sat on his ass for a year, He cracked that bomb so hard, descendants named Yamato and Kobayashi and Watanabe felt it, and stirred up their insides.

A collective
tumblr_inline_o3hsouiqer1s7eojv_500.gif

was ushered by all, not embarrassing.

I truly believe Condit beat him. So it was hard to give him full credit for being the champ. I always abide the judging, though. But imo, he really was living on borrowed time.

Just my opinion.

Robbie's a great fighter who was set up well by a big puncher. The man himself made no excuses. It was a good win for Tyron against a formidable champ. I'm not questioning his chin just yet, Tyron could probably turn any WW's lights out with that shot.

These chess matches are why we watch MMA in the first place. Yet it seems like everyone draws less satisfaction from the fight than they do railing the fighters that lose.

All the Lawler fanboy weirdos said that Lawler was going to easily beat Woodley in the "championship rounds" or some similar bullshit and completely dismissed Woodley.

Woodley smoked Lawler like he wasn't even there. Woodley is a beast and has always been better than Lawler. Lawler is still the same brawling fighter with no ground game.

His chin is fine. He is not "shot" or anything. He's just always been a mediocre fighter who got gifted some decisions.

Woodley's hit was a geniuine KO destructor punch.
Chin might be ok but his brains not.
He's almost as bad as Pat Barry.

give Woodley some damn credit, ya jabroni

woodley capitalised on a shot chin, after his embarrassment loss to rory i would demand rory rematch to try and regain my lost pride

It was embarassing. Somebody should remove Lawler from the p4p rankings asap!! The guy fell down from the first punch thrown in the fight.
I feel bad for those who bought into his hype train. He has been in some close fights, and many believe he's a soul taker or a badass who cannot be stopped.
Well eat your crow.

tumblr_inline_mf9bzfy6pj1qaqsz7.gif

Lawler literally had to go through the gauntlet in the past 2-3 years. Late 2013 he had a war with Rory, in 2014 he had wars with Hendricks twice, he took massive damage in both of these fights, in 2015 he had a foty candidate against Rory in a brutal rematch, and by the time he got to Condit, you could tell he was already slipping. Every WW is going to be gunning for Woodley, I don't really give him much credit for stopping a shot to pieces Lawler.
People also forget that they fucking trained together. Woodley had a MASSIVE advantage coming into this fight. Hasn't had his head jarred in a fight for over a year and hits like a truck vs a guy who is very hittable and took probably more damage than any other fighter in the past two years. On top of it Nick Diaz, of all people, cracked Robbie's chin like 10 years ago showing hes not some unstoppable tank like people made him out to be. Yea the chin gets better on the juice but still not going to make it superhuman. He also got rocked in his last two fights. Why Robbie was like -120 is mind boggling.

Wtf?

You do realize the same Rory that Robbie destroyed, beat Woodley whose a champ now to a decisive decision right?

Robbie is a warrior and got caught. GSP got caught against Serra and that didn't prove anything, cause in the rematch Serra got owned

He can rematch Woodley after he's earned his way back up. Or when Woodley loses the belt (more likely).

He'll lose again.

Your MMAth has no power in the real world.

Yeah TS, you're right. Now would be a logical time to drop to 145 to steal Conor's soul.

Well placed punch by probably the stronger WW, i wouldnt say he is shot but wars take its toll, he needs to take some time off, recover from the KO and leftovers from previous wars and make a comeback, Woodley stopped him out of pure explosiveness and power, not skill, he did the very same thing to Jay Hieron, he rushes into them, fake striking, they bought it and then comes the big right overhand.

He can rematch Woodley after he's earned his way back up. Or when Woodley loses the belt (more likely).

He'll lose again.

Your MMAth has no power in the real world.
Normally no, but in this case yes. Only because the fight ended too soon to determine if Robbie skill is lower than Woodley. Not taking anything away from Woodley but anyone knows Robbie can take a punch and have been in the fire before pulling a W. I doubt Robbie has to work his way up. More than likely he would be pair would a top 3 contender and if he win impressively, he will get his next title shot

Back