• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lawler was out (GIF inside)

Was Robbie out?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Man - from that angle, it looks like at least a millisecond but from watching 88 times now, bad stoppage but not Askrens fault and had that like vice grip in so who knows what happens after. I could see Lawler going to sleep seconds after " the thumb ".... and maybe not.

Idk

Did you listen to Robbie at the press conference?

-he said it wasn't a choke, Askren's arm was around his right year and his left ear was pushed into Askren's body, so he couldn't hear a word Herb was saying

-He said he was perfectly content with letting Askren gas his arms out keeping that headlock

-He said he never went out, not even for a milisecond. He showed ZERO symptoms of someone who just got choked out.

He was out for a second and didn't know it. Tough nookies it happened right when Dean Herb checked his hand.

Fair stoppage, so sorry.

In hindsight I don’t think he went out, but his arms went limp like he was.

I’m not giving Herb 1 ounce of shit for that call.
Yeah he got it wrong, but at that moment he saw Robbie’s arms go limp, Robbie wasn’t responding verbally and Herb had a limited line of sight due to them being against the cage.

I probably would’ve made that same call in the moment. A good ref errors on the side of the fighters’ safety.

This

The view from my living room was pretty much over Herd Deans shoulder and from where I was sitting he looked to be out . In hindsight , with the way he popped up maybe he wasn't , but it sure as fuck looked like it real time.

-he said it wasn't a choke, Askren's arm was around his right year and his left ear was pushed into Askren's body, so he couldn't hear a word Herb was saying

-He said he was perfectly content with letting Askren gas his arms out keeping that headlock

-He said he never went out, not even for a milisecond. He showed ZERO symptoms of someone who just got choked out.
Boom

Your moms house.

Never heard of giant eagle in my life, some soft watermelons they must carry

I kidd I kidd!

They were from a local grocery store giant eagle if your familiar. They are the largest chain around my area in ohio

Nope. Sorry but Lawler would wait that one out and funk up Ben hawrd. Unfortunate stoppage. Can't blame anyone though, looking forward to rematch. Ben don't want none of that <Eek2.0>

hey let me defend this choke by have both my hands down on the ground.

Salty Lawler fans.

You don't have to fight the hands straight away if you can get in a position where the choke is negated.

How many folk fight the hands on the Guillotine when you can hop over the opposite side. Go watch Maia fight Macdonald he never fights the hands , he clears legs and then moves position where the choke is no longer effective.

Posted a video, look at the bad positions Maia is in, he isn't hand fighting he's neutralising the choke by changing position.

Your logic fails. Mine stands quite strong. You are implying that Lawler, who lost the fight, has no reason not to try and make people feel sorry for him and would never exaggerate or lie about anything or make any excuses.. oh no, no fighter would ever make excuses or bullshit us right? :D

The fact remains, he was in a choke just sitting there in it, with 1 minute 40 on the clock, stay mad you triggered beta!

271733.jpg

Not only are you a fool, you’re an asshole too.

Serious question, Have you ever train? I’m just kidding it’s obvious you’ve never trained before.

Thats not how you give a thumbs up, he didnt have his thumb up for more than 1/2 a second

Omg we better send all fighters off to thumbs up training .

Shadowthrone is giving lessons apparently.

The reff fucked up, but 99% of the refs would also have. It is a very understandable mistake. In doubt, you need to think about a fighter safety. That said, bring on a rematch. That is a NC IMO.

The ending of this fight has so much weird stuff going on, I can see why Dean messed up. Lawler's arm drops looking limp then he moves Lawler's arm to see if he's awake but Lawler taps Askren's body while giving a thumbs up, that's confusing.

I have to agree. Great fight as long as it lasted. Hopefully they don't fight against each other again. I like both fighters.

It's also possible that Lawler has some interest in defending himself, and is full of shit.

Robbie is a veteran by any measure and he knows better than to let his arm(s) go limp like that with any move approaching a choke. It could definitely be a bad stoppage but that action was foolish on Robbie's part. I really enjoy both of these guys and was content to get a good fight but instead Robbie chose to give the appearance (?) he was choked out. Dumb.

Look at the right hand.. why does it drop. He's trying to hold on Ben's head.. look how fucked up that angle and torque on his arm.. it slipped off Ben's head.

Herb checks Robbies arm to see if it’s limp. Robbies arm stays up and he gives a thumbs up. 2 seconds later Herb stops the fight. If you thinks that’s a justified stoppage you’re borderline retarded.

Lawler was out for a second, he went limp. Askren adjusted the choke and Lawler woke up. Lawler knows it was a good stoppage.

Back