• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lawler was out (GIF inside)

Was Robbie out?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I honestly can't believe anyone in their right mind is pretending he was out.....

This is friggn crazy....People really will believe whatever they want regardless of facts.....It's amazing.

Yeah to support a guy who has no chance of ever being considered a GOAT even.

Wrong

"WATCH THIS MMA FIGHTER GET CHOKED UNCONSCIOUS, THEN WAKE UP AND WIN BY KNOCKOUT IN CRAZY FINISH"
https://www.maxim.com/sports/mma-fighter-chocked-out-still-wins-2017-7

galaev.gif

galaev2.gif

"Mutsnek has a legitimate gripe here, as it looks like the ref tapped him to indicate that the fight was over. Mutsnek then lets Galaev out of the choke and allows him to wake up.

It took him a few minutes to recover, but by the time he came back out in the second he was ready to dominate."

SAD.

It is possible to be out / half out or in the rainbow land for a split second and be back for whatever reason. Sometimes you don't even remember. If its a choke, not an armbar or beatdown, I think letting it go a little longer isn't that dangerous.

Yes you make an "assumption" then you test the hypothesis and viola Look the hand is moving and giving a thumbs up.
The only reason the hand is moving during that particular moment which you so graciously defined in your post about "police searches" (wtf, projecting much?) is because it is being acted upon by gravity. Trying to shoehorn further actions outside of this particular moment is an attempt at switching goalposts. So, are you going to provide proof that Robbie was conscious when his arm went limp or are you going to write further walls of nonsense?

The only reason the hand is moving during that particular moment which you so graciously defined in your post about "police searches" (wtf, projecting much?) is because it is being acted upon by gravity. Trying to shoehorn further actions outside of this particular moment is an attempt at switching goalposts. So, are you going to provide proof that Robbie was conscious when his arm went limp or are you going to write further walls of nonsense?

The arm went limp so you then test your hypothesis that he is unconscious, whereby you see the arm is moving and is responding to stimuli.

You always adjust your hypothesis when new information comes in.

I don't have proof, i'm saying it my opinion he wasn't. It's you who is making the objective claims he was without any evidence. Your confusing opinion for fact, not me.

Id say if his palms where down Id say maybe he didnt go out. But palms up when your on the bottom is bad. He did go out at least when his arm dropped, I think his hand hitting the ground might WOKE him up.

During the fight I thought he was out, but in the replay I changed my mind.

Don't look at Lawler, look at Askren. I think 99 out of 100 fighters know when there opponent is out. Especially a grappler like Askren should know. He looks very supprised when Herb stops the fight. He is like 'okay if you say so, you are the boss, I didn't feel a tap.'
This is 100% correct. It was a good stoppage, I thought he was out just like EVERYONE watching at that point. The replays showed otherwise but the ref doesn’t have that advantage. It’s a split second call and it was the right call imo

Your assuming he was out and that's why his arm dropped though .you don't know that to be true .the only actual facts we have are herb Dean grabbing his arm and seeing if he was awake. Robbie responded by pulling his arm back and motioning the thumbs up to the ref. That's when herb stopped it . The only actual thing that is a fact and not an assumption is Robbie reacted when the ref checked him

The arm went limp so you then test your hypothesis that he is unconscious, whereby you see the arm is moving and is responding to stimuli.

Yes, during a different moment when he has already regained consciousness. Again you're trying to switch goalposts, the argument is that Robbie was out in general (for at least a moment as I've said in my early post), even the poll says so, not that Robbie was out the moment ref stopped the fight.

I don't have proof
Then you don't have a leg to stand on in this argument.

i'm saying it my opinion he wasn't.
And your opinion is worthless without proof, because it goes against logic. For the 10th time: when a ref sees someone go limp in a MMA fight, he thinks the guy is out.

It's you who is making the objective claims he was without any evidence.
Wrong, I have all the evidence I need: Robbie's arm going limp at that particular moment.

It goes against logic does it? Here's a funny thing i bet you can't write it out how it goes against "logic" using syllogism, the same way you couldn't make a mathematical argument despite citing computational mechanics.

You keep citing these disciplines which are evidenced based yet never actually produce the working.

You're coming across as someone who far over-estimates their intelligence. Simple words like "literal" are beyond your abilities for god's sake.

Weren't you a pink belt for welching on your word as well? Do you have any positive personality traits at all?

Your argument is neither convincing nor do you hold any interest for me now. I suspect i gave you enough rope for now.

Sure as hell looked like he went limp

I yelled he’s out when it happened

Regardless askren is one tough dude. Anyone else would have been lights out early in the match

True he said all that, but it's easy to get away with saying that after a loss with controversy in the air, to soften the loss.. the fact remains he was in a choke and his only response was to sit there with his hands aimed at the floor?

That position did NOT look good for Lawler, I don't know what you are seeing, but it looked like he was stuck there to me.

You would have to be a certified fool to pretend to you know better than the person that was actually in there.

Even if he wasn’t out please explain to me how the fuck ruthless was getting out of that ? Bens gorilla strong on his squeeze and there was a shit load of time left . He can hold that squeeze for days I’m sure . There was no way out and even if on chin , with bens level of squeeze , robbies inevitably going out or getting broken neck at that angle and with that leverage .

You would have to be a certified fool to pretend to you know better than the person that was actually in there.

Right because no one would ever say anything that isn't true or stretched /JonJones

Right because no one would ever say anything that isn't true or stretched /JonJones

So Jon Jones is your proof Lawler was lying? Like I said a only a certified fool.

Watching the fight live, it looked like Lawler was out. On further review, he may not have been. It is really hard to say. It is absolutely in a gray area and anyone who can say definitively one way or the other is full of it.

It appeared that Lawler went out when his arm went limp and when Herb Dean lifted it, it is up to Robbie Lawler to make a demonstrable gesture demonstrating he is still in it. Once again, it is not clear he did.

Herb Dean had to make a judgement call. Based upon the available information at the time, I think he made the right call.

That sucks for Lawler and the dump and beating of Askren was one of the most impressive things I remember seeing from him. That was Askren, The "Funk" he was dumping on his head. Very impressive.

Still a win for Askren and it is controversial. That does not mean it should be changed or was wrong. That is just the nature of human judging.

That fight was over. Herb Dean got it right. Better to err on the side of safety of the fighter than to satisfy a howling crowd who won't be paying for the fighter's medical bills or taking care of his family.

So Jon Jones is your proof Lawler was lying? Like I said a only a certified fool.

Your logic fails. Mine stands quite strong. You are implying that Lawler, who lost the fight, has no reason not to try and make people feel sorry for him and would never exaggerate or lie about anything or make any excuses.. oh no, no fighter would ever make excuses or bullshit us right? :D

The fact remains, he was in a choke just sitting there in it, with 1 minute 40 on the clock, stay mad you triggered beta!

271733.jpg

Back