News Lawler vs Diaz now 185 lbs Fight

Siver!

Sedriques Dumbass Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

Robbie Lawler vs Nick Diaz is now a middleweight fight because somebody is obviously seriously heavy and this is without question the UFC's version of the freakshow fights we're seeing on the Jake Paul and Triller PPV's.

I'm good with it. I don't care what weight it takes place at. Props to whoever took the fight despite the weight issue. It might make for a better fight as well without ridiculous weight cuts for both. I'm in. Let's go!

Kind of bullshit because I think Lawler would've come in yoked/bulked up properly if he knew it was 185lbs since the getgo....while Nick wouldn't IMO.....but now Lawler won't be bulked up and will have a non-dehydrated 170lbs body.

Diaz bros love this non-dehydrated even weight fights, but it's complete bullshit in this water cutting MMA world........Robbie Lawler is a good bulker, if he had time to bulk to 185lbs, it wouldn't be good for Nick Diaz.....I think this was all part of the plan for nick diaz.

Hmmm hopefully it didn't fuck over neither of them if they tried weight cutting to 170lbs.

Kind of bullshit because I think Lawler would've come in yoked/bulked up properly if he knew it was 185lbs since the getgo....while Nick wouldn't IMO.....but now Lawler won't be bulked up and will have a non-dehydrated 170lbs body.
Exactly, I'm happy the fight is still on, but that's kind of BS to change it the Tuesday before the fight

Diaz bros love this non-dehydrated even weight fights, but it's complete bullshit in this water cutting MMA world........Robbie Lawler is a good bulker, if he had time to bulk to 185lbs, it wouldn't be good for Nick Diaz.....I think this was all part of the plan for nick diaz.
Shady as fuck

Wow never seen that happen this close to a fight. Concerning

Not really, it's relatively early for Fight Week and my guess is one of the two, probably Nick was like "Yeah Fuck That Shit" since he hasn't had to cut weight in damn near forever. The team reached out, UFC didn't want to lose one of their biggest attractions, or make it look like it was in jeopardy so they played ball.

If Nate Diaz can make a non title co-main a 5 rounder, Nick can stop cutting weight whenever the FUCK he wants.

<{natewhut}>

Besides, this probably means we'll see a better fight since they won't be killing themselves to make 170. If we're keeping it 100, neither Robbie or Nick has seen the better side of 190 I'd imagine, so we'll get these 2 legends going at it not getting held back by a tough weight cut.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I'm good with it. I don't care what weight it takes place at. Props to whoever took the fight despite the weight issue. It might make for a better fight as well without ridiculous weight cuts for both. I'm in. Let's go!

I'm fine with it as a non-serious, fun scrap between two legends.

However I know Sherdoggers bet on these fights, and I wouldn't be happy at all if I'd made a wager.

Robbie days for bulking to 185 were over with strict drug testing.

This fight means literally nothing ranking wise so why not say fuck cutting weight. If anything it will make for a better fight.

Back