News Lawler vs Diaz now 185 lbs Fight

Whoever it is probably isn't serious. Really worried about both guys in this fight, but moreso whoever couldn't make weight.

Not really, it's relatively early for Fight Week and my guess is one of the two, probably Nick was like "Yeah Fuck That Shit" since he hasn't had to cut weight in damn near forever. The team reached out, UFC didn't want to lose one of their biggest attractions, or make it look like it was in jeopardy so they played ball.

If Nate Diaz can make a non title co-main a 5 rounder, Nick can stop cutting weight whenever the FUCK he wants.

<{natewhut}>

Besides, this probably means we'll see a better fight since they won't be killing themselves to make 170. If we're keeping it 100, neither Robbie or Nick has seen the better side of 190 I'd imagine, so we'll get these 2 legends going at it not getting held back by a tough weight cut.

giphy-downsized-large.gif
I agree mostly…it just makes me think nick may not be in the best shape/condition or prepared well. Assuming he is the reason of course

Not surprising that Diaz is heavy. He hasn't cut to 170 in over 8 years.

(And yes, its obviously Diaz. Dana White wouldn't approve a weight-change 4 days [if it wasn't approved days ago and just announced now] for Lawler).

This may be the absolute worst case of ring rust we'll ever see, and lets be honest Diaz didn't even look good against Silva in 2015 for that 5-round sparring match they had.

Good, I think it will make for a better fight with them both not having to cut weight. More energy!. I am happy about it.

I'm good with it. I don't care what weight it takes place at. Props to whoever took the fight despite the weight issue. It might make for a better fight as well without ridiculous weight cuts for both. I'm in. Let's go!

I feel the same. But would be curious on why it happened.
It’s probably nick. But who knows. I’m excited for his return.

He was the #2 ranked WW in the world.

'Was' being the key word in this sentence, referring to 8 years ago.

How would Cain Velasquez do now against the current HW division? I'm a huge Cain fan myself but not in denial with his complete inactivity besides one fight he's had since UFC200 that he got KOed in under a minute, his constant injuries, and age, he wouldn't do very well against anyone.

Still would be super surprised if this fight happens Saturday

Diaz fought Anderson at 205 and Robbie fought most of his fights in Strikeforce at middleweight 185. What's the big deal?? why is everyone crying over this??

I hope Nick is ready to fight if Robbie tries to slam him, or clobber him. He's gonna need to be, otherwise this is gonna be sweet revenge for Lawler.

Wow and people really thought nick diaz was taking this seriously and has been in good shape even if he wasn’t fighting the last 5 years and been just partying on social media all the time.
There was some videos of him with Tyson Fury and he looked "in shape", how light? i dont know, but he was looking ok for a fighter, this could be that the weight cut is not going ok and he just doesnt want to risk his health to make 170lbs when there is no real reason this fight cant happen at "no weight cut WW".

Diaz fought Anderson at 205 and Robbie fought most of his fights in Strikeforce at middleweight 185. What's the big deal?? why is everyone crying over this??

He did fought at 185 in SF, but the Anderson Silva fight was at 185.

Robbie Lawler vs Nick Diaz is now a middleweight fight because somebody is obviously seriously heavy and this is without question the UFC's version of the freakshow fights we're seeing on the Jake Paul and Triller PPV's.

some one you mean nick.

Back