Lawler: Lazy error let Hendricks sit on me to victory

What do you mean "banged with"? Hendricks missed every shot that he threw all fight long. He won because of his pressure, not because he actually had anything in the stand up for Lawler. He threw lots of strikes that looked good but all missed or were deflected, while Lawler hit him at will. He "banged with" the striker because he couldn't take him down and he was outclassed while they were on the feet.

Lol at trying to make it sound like Hendricks and Lawler were even in the stand up, or that Hendricks had huge balls for standing with the striker. He had no choice but to as he couldn't get him down. He couldn't get him down and he couldn't win the striking. It was decidedly lopsided in Lawler's favour, but kudos to Hendricks for staying in there and racking up points by looking busy. But by no means in hell did he win the fight by "banging with the striker for 4.75 rounds" like you suggest. He won by being the busiest fighter, even if it led him nowhere
I don't think Hendricks missed that much, I actually vaguely recall him landing more, but my impression at the time was that Robbie was rolling with the punches way better and that his strikes were more significant even though he may have landed less. I remember thinking I would've given the fight to Lawler but expected Hendricks to get the win. It was a close fight though so I wouldn't call it a robbery.

Lawler was losing the fifth even before the takedwon

No. Not sure how anyone could possibly say that.

This was an extremely close fight when scoring under the 10-9 must system. It could easily be argued for either guy.

But this fight only further highlights the problem with the 10-9 must. How rounds 1,2,5 (no matter who you think won those rounds) could be equated with rounds 3-4, really highlights the severe problem with this system.

Now, like everyone else. I watched Hendricks get the breaks beat off him, and somehow get a belt.

It was very close to exactly what everyone was complaining about in the GSP vs Hendricks fight, only to an even worse degree.

no.

he was winning the first 2.5 minutes pretty obviously. then hendricks pulled out a few flurries, some of which landed, and got lawler to the fence and laid on him.

It was robbie's up until the halfway mark. no telling what would have happened if he didn't get the takedown. but the takedown is why he won.

People are forgetting he had Robbie on queer street right before the td, had he continued punching imo he would've had the finish. Lol at people thinking that the td is the ONLY reason he won.

As soon as Hendricks landed that late takedown in the fifth and Lawler rolled his eyes I knew it was a done deal unfortunately. :icon_neut

I still believe Robbie can beat Hendricks. Can't wait until he fights Ellenberger.

Best fight on the 173 card.

no.

he was winning the first 2.5 minutes pretty obviously. then hendricks pulled out a few flurries, some of which landed, and got lawler to the fence and laid on him.

It was robbie's up until the halfway mark. no telling what would have happened if he didn't get the takedown. but the takedown is why he won.
So Lawler wasn't at all hurt? So Hendricks rocking him wasn't the reason he was against the fence? So him covering up hoping not to get ko'd wasn't the reason he was so vulnerable and easily taken down?? Jesus, people like you make me wonder if y'all actually watched the fight in the first place.

People are forgetting because that never happened. He caught him off balance, but he certainly didn't seem like he was on queer street.

If stumbling backwards while you're eyes roll back is your definition of "off balance", you're an idiot.

So Lawler wasn't at all hurt? So Hendricks rocking him wasn't the reason he was against the fence?

It didn't seem to be. I'd say fighting 5 rounds, and making a huge mistake was.

So him covering up hoping not to get ko'd wasn't the reason he was so vulnerable and easily taken down??

No, I'd say it was because he didn't want to get punched in the face. That probably had something to do with it. Like most fighters who don't want to get punched in the face. Covering up is usually a sound idea.

But I'm not about to pretend like he didn't feel some effects of getting hit in the face. I'm sure everyone does. I am however suggesting he wasn't "rocked" or on "queer street", or even slightly close to being "KO'd".

Jesus, people like you make me wonder if y'all actually watched the fight in the first place.

There is a very simple explanation for that. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Alright, Robbie may not have been rocked like I thought he was, but Hendricks was landing some nice shots on the feet in the 5th round.

5:28

ibxPOH8tyLqeCB.gif

Ok whatever stay ignorant then.

I think you are making the mistake of defining any solid punch landed as the opponent being 'rocked'. No doubt Hendricks landed a few solid shots but at no time did Lawler look rocked which would suggest wobbly legs, and survival mode.

edit :

Ok you acknowledged that already. Cheers.

Alright, Robbie may not have been rocked like I thought he was, but Hendricks was landing some nice shots on the feet in the 5th round.

5:28

ibxPOH8tyLqeCB.gif

That takedown won the fight. Everyone knew it the moment it happened and everyone knows it now.

No, it did not win the fight at all. It only sealed the fight for Hendricks.

If the fight stayed standing in the 5th Hendricks still probably would have won because the clock was ticking down on Lawler in a round he was already losing by a significant margin. Hendricks doubled Lawler's output in both strikes and significant strikes in the 5th round even though he did not land strikes on the ground.

Also, please stop lying about this fight. Thanks.

Originally Posted by surgeyou1 View Post
Lawler was losing the fifth even before the takedwon

No. Not sure how anyone could possibly say that.

Have you looked at the fight stats for the 5th round? I'm guessing not. It wasn't even a close round. Hendricks took Lawler down and held him down after he was already beating Lawler standing by a very solid margin.

Back