Lawler/Hendricks III set for UFC 186 on April 25th in Montreal

Ppl should just stream that one event just to piss off Dana for agreeing to make that fight :D

ahaha. That's just cold doing it in Canada. I would have assumed it would be elsewhere and Rory would headline. lol

Well Robbie/Rory was supposed to be this event anyways. Rory was supposed to get the fight in Canada. All we heard today was that they were swapping Rory for Hendricks so it makes "sense" that the fight's still taking place on the same date in the same city.

Do I think it's a spit in the face to Rory and the Canadians in attendance though? Hell ya.

Maybe I'm just reading poorly but I don't see anything that says Lawler vs Hendricks III is happening in Montreal. Just that the fight is happening and the UFC is going to Montreal in April.

I mean it's possible

Will not watch. I'll torrent it at 1 am.

Weird move when the fight is going to be in Canada.

Maybe I'm just reading poorly but I don't see anything that says Lawler vs Hendricks III is happening in Montreal. Just that the fight is happening and the UFC is going to Montreal in April.

I mean it's possible

It's not explicitly mentioned, but heavily implied. By saying that Rory has to watch from the sidelines, then justifying the immediate rematch and mentioning that 186 is rumored to be in Montreal.

It's not explicitly mentioned, but heavily implied. By saying that Rory has to watch from the sidelines, then justifying the immediate rematch and mentioning that 186 is rumored to be in Montreal.

I wouldn't doubt it. For the record I'd bet that its 99% probable that this headlines the show.It just doesn't seem to me like it's set. It's worded weirdly for sure. You could just as easily do Lawler vs Hendricks III in Texas where Hendricks is from.

This guy gets it.

tumblr_m6mx8uvqJZ1qcga5ro1_500.gif

I hope the crowd shits on the fight with GSP and Rory chants.

If Rory beats Lombard in the meantime who's left for him once he beats the winner of Hendricks Lawler III? He's gonna have the division cleared out before he gets his belt

This fight and where its being held is like a slap to the face for McDonald.

I hope Hendricks gets injured so we don't have to see this bull shit trilogy. It's not even what the fans want to see.

Well at first I thought maybe this was to capitalize on how much Canadians hate Johny and will come to see him lose.

THEN I thought maybe that this is all a cunning plan by the UFC because Johny wants no part of the fight and it's all just a smokescreen for when he drops out and Canadian hero Rory Mac steps in to fight for the title.

Then I realized that I am reduced to some tinfoil hat shit just to make sense of this. Man, what the fuck are they thinking?

I wish they'd have waited at least one fight. Let Hendricks fight Lombard or some shit and Lawler take on Rory.

If they both win then do the third fight. That's what made JDS and Cain so much better. Was that we sort of got some time to let it breath.

Then doing it in Canada is cold, just throw it in Rory's face.

Still I can't complain as a fight fan. The fights were awesome, I'm sure Hendricks will come in better shape this time.

I don't think it's that implied, they are speaking about UFC 186 being in Montreal, justifying why Rory is not fighting for the title in Montreal, which is understandable since Rory was "promissed" a title shot (and that would be a obvious huge UFC event in Canada), not saying anything about this fight (Hendricks vs. Lawler 3) being set for UFC 186 and not implying it in my opinion.

Back