Lawler ate Ellenberger's soul

Readybodisready

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That was the most blatant mental destruction I've seen since Thiago beat down Calvacante. Lawler made him fold after Jake tasted his power, I think he would have tapped if the ref came in seconds later.

Which is impressive because I haven't seen anyone do that to Ellenberger before. Lawler is a man's man, very few can slug with him.

The craziest part is that, according to War Machine, Lawler doesn't even spar. I guess it saves him the brain damage from gym wars, but I don't get how he goes in there and trades with no ring rust. Must have a hell of a mit coach or something.

The craziest part is that, according to War Machine, Lawler doesn't even spar. I guess it saves him the brain damage from gym wars, but I don't get how he goes in there and trades with no ring rust. Must have a hell of a mit coach or something.

Lawler: Man of the Year 2014.

Where you at Time magazine????

You dont need to spar all the time to be a good fighter, that's a myth.

Lawler was amazing last night, he impressed me most last night

Ellenberger will never be a warrior like Lawler. He is a gifted athlete, Lawler is a born fighter.

Ellenburger was scared. The only moment that he let himself go he hurt robbie and almost knocked him down. Robbie was much more prepared psychologically

Lawler turned Ellenberger into a second-rate TUF fighter.

Im one of Lawlers biggest fans. Think you guys are overlooking something tbh....

Big weakness... Lawler looks like he has a suspect chin. He got rocked by Jake in the third was close to being out on his feet.

It was how he responded to that, he looked confused, he didnt know what to do, this is where most fighters bring it to the ground but Lawler cant do that. It has to count against him one day soon with the level of fighter hes up against presently.

You dont need to spar all the time to be a good fighter, that's a myth.
You don't know what you're talking about. Sparring is critical...that's why when Robbie started sparring again, upon his return to the UFC, he's looking better than ever.

Lawler ate it then shat it out. Ellenberger gave up 15 seconds into the first round.

Jake Ellenberger: "I Want to Wear Johny Hendricks's Teeth as a Necklace"

Sure, jake, sure.

I always had a feeling that when Jake made statements like that, he's just being a poser. He is a bully who folds when meeting a man who cannot be bullied.

For Christ sake, when Ellen took Lawler down Lawler had a huge smile on his face. He just took his soul, ate it, regurgitated it and then ate it again.

Im one of Lawlers biggest fans. Think you guys are overlooking something tbh....

Big weakness... Lawler looks like he has a suspect chin. He got rocked by Jake in the third was close to being out on his feet.

It was how he responded to that, he looked confused, he didnt know what to do, this is where most fighters bring it to the ground but Lawler cant do that. It has to count against him one day soon with the level of fighter hes up against presently.

You're clearly not one of the biggest Lawler fans. Lawler's got a damn fine chin, Ellenberger just hits SUPER hard. He made Condit shit himself and almost KOd him.

Did you see the post fight when Lawler went up to Jake to say some nice words? No eye contact at all from a timid Jake, as if to signal "please don't hurt me anymore".

To be fair lawler is probably the scariest dude in the division

I always had a feeling that when Jake made statements like that, he's just being a poser. He is a bully who folds when meeting a man who cannot be bullied.

This is what happens when you hang out with the likes of Rousey and Edmond.

I just don't understand why people see a fighter take a hit that dazes them, but doesn't down and recover to go on to dominate their opponent and they interpret it as weakness. People did the same thing with Glover when Bader rocked him but he responded by shaking it off and KO'ing him in the first round.

For me, guy takes a serious hit and then recovers its evidence of a solid chin, not the opposite.

Back