LaVar Burton (Reading Rainbow & Star Trek TNG) to be the next host of Jeopardy?

Should LaVar Burton be the next host of Jeopardy?

• Total voters
Just use modern technology to make a deep fake of Alex Trebek.

Levar would probably get along better with him as co host than the real one.

tumblr_ohu1bm8kNs1uo60afo1_400.gifv

Last edited:
LeVar would be great, used to watch him on reading rainbow as a kid and star trek, he is also known for playing Kunta Kinte on Roots.

And the guy who couldn't arrest Larry Blackmon in Word Up.

There's absolutely nothing official about this, but it all started on twitter when this was posted...

...and apparently the support for LaVar Burton being the new host of Jeopardy is so overwhelming his name is now trending on twitter.

For those who aren't familiar with LaVar Burton, just listen to his voice and say if he would be a worthy successor to Alex Trebek.

As for the other names on the list, Neil Degrass Tyson would be a very good option. Other than that, its a shit list especially with George Stephanopolous near the top. The guy on the top won the recent 'Champion of Champions' showdown between the three most-winning contestants in the show's history, so he's an interesting option.

What do you guys think? LaVar Burton or bust?

I love LaVar Burton another Icon of my childhood would be head and shoulders above Stephanopolos

I’d prefer Q,Wayoun,General Martak Quark,or seven of nine tbh

Well he checks all the boxes.

He's black, he's blind...he's gay.

Gotta agree. Lavar is a great choice. Ken Jennings is good temporarily, but I don’t see him having the personality to do it for a long term. Lavar Burton I think just seems like a perfect choice.

I prefer to see Peter Weller or Avery Brooks but they’re both in their 70’s.

Should have been Ken Jennings, but whatever. Lavar is good too.

1) Ken Jennings
2) Lavar Burton
3) Neil deGrasse Tyson.

I agree with both fellas above me.

Burton will be great, but Jennings would be perfect.

I've heard Ken Jennings live on a few "Doug Loves Movies" podcasts and he's clever, personable & quick on his feet.

Back