Lauzon/Miller, Fight of the Year? Bloodiest Fight Ever?

Meh, ESPN got it right with Condit/GSP for FOTY. It was pretty much just as bloody but mma fought at a much higher technical level for 25 minutes

That fight was good but this was most definitely better

FOTY
1.Lauzon-Varner
2.KZ-Poirer
3.GSP-Condit
4.Lauzon-Miller

Anyone agree?

lol, fight of the year?! It was an ok fight, definately not the foty. It was bloody that's about it, other than that... meh.

The blood made the fight better

I was thinking this, if it wasn't for the cut and huge amounts of blood would everyone be talking about the fight like they are. Think two great guys and they both put on a show but I am not sure its foty material.

just posting to say that you can't literally lose "quarts of blood" and live. You only have like 8 pints of blood in your body.

I'd lean towards KZ/Poirier but it was a great fight.

just bleed! best fight of the year for sure

Title says it. I believe it's worthy of being fight of the year. I had no idea how Lauzon kept coming after absorbing so much punishment. Guy's an animal. He lost quarts of blood there and I figured he'd slow down from blood loss, but he just kept coming. And that flying scissor heelhook at the end made my heart stop.

Have there been any bloodier fights than that? I don't remember any.

Bloodiest fight? I don't think so but I would have to think about it and rewatch some fights like Kos/Lytle and Joe Daddy/Penn.

okaym I dont think it was fight of the year. there was some exciting parts but also alot of lacklustr parts. both guys gassed out quicklly. Lauzons fight with Varner was more exciting

Hell, Cain and bigfoot was bloodier than this fight.

I enjoyed KZ/Poirier more but maybe that's because the fighter I was rooting for won which wasn't the case last night. I did enjoy it more than Lauzon's fight with Varner if only slightly.

Back