Lauzon/Miller, Fight of the Year? Bloodiest Fight Ever?

bugrimmar

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Title says it. I believe it's worthy of being fight of the year. I had no idea how Lauzon kept coming after absorbing so much punishment. Guy's an animal. He lost quarts of blood there and I figured he'd slow down from blood loss, but he just kept coming. And that flying scissor heelhook at the end made my heart stop.

Have there been any bloodier fights than that? I don't remember any.

This one was pretty bloody:

images

IMO this is definitely fight of the year. The other two candidates for FOTY are GSP/Condit and Zombie/Poirer, which were more one sided then this fight. While this fight was a definitive win for Miller, it was damn competitive, Lauzon took a round, and nearly finished him at the end. Fight was fucking sweet.

Meh, ESPN got it right with Condit/GSP for FOTY. It was pretty much just as bloody but mma fought at a much higher technical level for 25 minutes

certainly wasnt the bloodiest fight(Koscheck-Lytle was worse) but its easily a candidate for FOTY

IMO this is definitely fight of the year. The other two candidates for FOTY are GSP/Condit and Zombie/Poirer, which were more one sided then this fight. While this fight was a definitive win for Miller, it was damn competitive, Lauzon took a round, and nearly finished him at the end. Fight was fucking sweet.

you forgot Lauzon-Varner as well

No, no, and no it wasn't lauzons best fight this year

Wasn't the bloodiest fight of alltime but definitely bloodiest in recent memory. I preferred this fight over Lauzon/Varner as well

Meh, ESPN got it right with Condit/GSP for FOTY. It was pretty much just as bloody but mma fought at a much higher technical level for 25 minutes

that is so wrong. GSP/Condit got the nod for FOTY because GSP is famous, that's it it wasn't even top 3 for fights of the year

that is so wrong. GSP/Condit got the nod for FOTY because GSP is famous, that's it it wasn't even top 3 for fights of the year

I agree. GSP's comeback was impressive but Lauzon/Miller had more back and forth action and way more close finishes. Condit was close on the headkick but that's it

Miller/Lauzon was def FotN. I wouldn't say Joe "almost finished" Jim. He attempted two submissions but neither were deep, had Jim not gassed himself in the first, he would've finished Joe.

I thought I was watching the walking dead for a while. Joe wasn't moving like a zombie but he was covered in gore like a zombie.

Silva v Velasquez was had a lot more blood loss imo, it's not even comparable.

All I know is Lauzon had three fights in 2012 where he was on the receiving end of one of the best knockouts of the year, and split the decisions in two of the top ten fights of the year, top two according to to some. Friggin warrior.

Miller/Lauzon was def FotN. I wouldn't say Joe "almost finished" Jim. He attempted two submissions but neither were deep, had Jim not gassed himself in the first, he would've finished Joe.

clearly you know more about those submissions than Jim Miller himself.

The blood made the fight better

It was bloodiest fight ever I think

More bloody than Silva, Condit and Stevenson

Back