Lauzon breaks down Palhares

Great breakdown by Lauzon. He doesn't seem to know exactly what the problem is with Palhares (intelligence, lack of empathy, w/e) but one this is certain: he holds submissions for too long.

Great vid. He is seriously either completely retarded or a dick. Probably a bit of both though.

I've seen a couple of interviews with him on Brazilian TV. Dude is definitely severely leaning disable. Probably a dick as well, yet definitely on the mentally slow front.

at least we know Lauzon is crazy now

defending UFC
defending Reebok
defending palhares
defending eye gouges

Just because someone has a different opinion than you doesnt mean they are crazy.

defending UFC
defending Reebok
defending palhares
defending eye gouges

And this, boys and girls, is the reason why you should always watch a video before criticizing it. Same with books, movies, music, religious texts, etc.

*decides to wear Reebok gear to make homemade video criticizing the WSOF Champ*... Instanly loses credibility lol.

I think Lauzon better be careful before Palhares breaks him down.

Rousimar%20Palhares%20111.gif

Likes Wand

Likes Palhares

Likes Cryborg

You support cheaters. Congrats on being terrible.

The issue I had with the video is that he's timing from when the opponent taps to release. I think it's more appropriate to time from ref intervention to release because that's the issue. He resists the refs intervention alot

I respect Lauzon and there's something to what he's saying: Palhares doesn't let go as fast as him, but in some of those cases, Joe was literally letting go of the sub before the ref even intervened. Obviously, he is more on the side of the issue where you might jump the gun, when he doesn't need to be. Also, everyone's mind is not in the same place when they grapple. You may be concentrated single-mindedly on what you're doing where as someone else isn't. People are different. That can translate into a lower reaction time to something else going on around you, but it can help you be more present in the moment when you need to be as well. Also, he should have had a much larger sample size if he wanted to make this point, really. And if his analysis is to be taken at face value, it shows that Palhares is just generally slightly slow in releasing, not that sometimes he decides to try to hurt a guy and sometimes he doesn't.

The issue I had with the video is that he's timing from when the opponent taps to release. I think it's more appropriate to time from ref intervention to release because that's the issue. He resists the refs intervention alot

From what he said, he's timing from the ref's intervention, but I didn't verify that directly.

inbe4 the anti-Lauzon "hurr durr sell out!" mental midget brigade shows up.

Oh, BRASIL WAND is already here. Too late.

Sup Rex, I dunno if youre subscribed to my posts or something but remind me to give you my twitter... could definitely use the retweets:icon_lol:

BTW your contribution to the topic (while much appreciated) was about as inane as J-Lau making a video criticizing Palhares while wearing his Zufffa-suit at home lol.

Great breakdown! Landon knows his shit and like someone said, he's a geek lol who would tap your ass out.

defending UFC
defending Reebok
defending palhares
defending eye gouges

Uhh did you even watch the video? Maybe you should before you commit on it. War Creepy Joe.

So thats why he said its okay to hold on to subs if the fighter taps, but not ok if the referee interferes.

Bottom line he was timing the moment the referee interferes.

From what he said, he's timing from the ref's intervention, but I didn't verify that directly.

I'd have to watch again, but I'm sure he did it from tap

Edit

After watching it again, my mistake, he did time it correctly

Very good vid by Lauzon. I think Lauzon might be a bit quicker than most to release but I think his point shined through. Palhares is holding these things multiple times longer than he should be.

Back