Laugh Tracks In TV Shows Are Ridiculous

melvinj0

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I mean I understand when it's a show that was shot in front of an audience, I still don't like it but I understand it, but when its just added in on top of the show its like WTF?

Do some people really need a heads up as to when they should laugh?

Most of those shows would not be awkward if there was no audience. That's because they aren't funny. Except Seinfeld, of course.

Agree, TS. I dont care for it either.

Sometimes they can be annoying. Especially if you think of how many there are per show. Like 80 times in 30 minutes.

I love sitcoms, but laugh tracks are outdated.

Saw this thread just as I turned on HIMYM. A great show that's been utterly destroyed by the laugh track...

Saw this thread just as I turned on HIMYM. A great show that's been utterly destroyed by the laugh track...

I agree, for the longest time I thought I hated that show then I realized I just hated that laugh track so much it took away from the show and made the jokes seem lame.

I agree, for the longest time I thought I hated that show then I realized I just hated that laugh track so much it took away from the show and made the jokes seem lame.

Exactly!

It's weird when I hear the same distinct deep laugh from Sanford and Son on a show Today...

You actually need it as it sets ambiance- Youtube sitcoms with out laugh track and the jokes do not become funny.

Its like horror movies, take out the background music and the scares stop.

Thought the same when I saw Big Bang Theory. Modern Family is a good example of not needing a track.

But how will we know when to laugh if not told ?

:p

is Big Bang Theory shot before an audience or does it use a laugh track ? Because I swear it sounds so fake / canned.

Also consider the people you hear laughing were probably recorded decades ago and are dead now. Not so funny anymore, eh ?

If a show is good/funny, it doesn't really matter to me if it has a laugh track or not, as I'll most likely find most of the jokes funny, anyway. Shitty shows are shitty shows, laugh track or not.

Live studio audience is good but canned laughter sucks. Same goes for green beans.

Live studio audience is good but canned laughter sucks. Same goes for green beans.

I disagree. I feel that canned green beans are the best way to make a proper green bean casserole. The string beans just don't get soft enough otherwise.

But yeah, real audience is the best.

I disagree. I feel that canned green beans are the best way to make a proper green bean casserole. The string beans just don't get soft enough otherwise.

But yeah, real audience is the best.

I've actually never had a green bean casserole. I might look online and check out some recipes.

Back