Latifi 5’8” >225lbs against Derrick Lewis 6’3” 265 lbs

Pretty sure Latifi will weigh in around 240 pounds.

Lewis has a pretty bad chin. I could think Latifi landing an overhand.

Did Latifi piss one of the match makers off?

Dude got destroyed by Oezdemir and then gets rewarded with Donkey Kong himself in his HW debut.

PPYHOCR.jpg

He will last less than a fart inside his hand

Latifi has actually been asking for this matchup

Pretty sure Latifi will weigh in around 240 pounds.

Lewis has a pretty bad chin. I could think Latifi landing an overhand.

yeah, but Latifi has a worse chin. Lewis hasn't even been knocked out cold just rocked and the fight stopped. Latifi has been stiffened a few times by much smaller guys. i think if Latifi lands he has a chance to hurt Lewis but i know if Lewis lands he will end the fight.

I mean Derrick Lewis really isn’t that good. Slow, shitty footwork/head movement, can’t defend against wrestlers.

one thing I will say tho is he seems to have shitty cardio, but I think that’s just because he’s so slow in the cage. But he tends to outlast other guys somehow.

Latifi also has shit cardio. He probably dominates the first round before sucking wind and losing a decision or in round 3

Latifi only had a round in him at LHW, he will be cooked in two minutes at heavy weight.

yeah, but Latifi has a worse chin. Lewis hasn't even been knocked out cold just rocked and the fight stopped. Latifi has been stiffened a few times by much smaller guys. i think if Latifi lands he has a chance to hurt Lewis but i know if Lewis lands he will end the fight.
To be fair.. if Lewis lands clean he pretty much finishes anyone. Dude has insane power. I still don't know who Roy Nelson survived that haymaker.

Latifi has the speed advantage here and sometimes that is enough.

This is a really fun fight. I'm looking forward to it. I think both guys have paths to victory.

Latifi isn’t a 265 lb ironed jaw Samoan.

Neither is he a 250 lb Bulgarian tough SOB who got stabbed and came back to fight in a year.

hes from balkans = p4p toughest ppl in the world

not as tough as serbs n other south Slavs but tough regardless

@rushbeg

This fight will answer a few questions. What is more important at HW, size and power, or speed and well roundedness?

Don't sleep on Latifi. His last few performances have been disappointing, but he will be very fast at HW. He has the wrestling to threaten Lewis, and the man can crack.

He can hurt anybody if he lands on them.

It’s gonna be a freak show fight

either a smaller guy will pick apart bigger guy with superior skills/speed or he’ll get smothered n then ppl will complain about weight difference

There should be a weight class between 205 n 265 or match makers shouldn’t make these type of fights unless it’s title eliminator or title fight

Honeslty we should praise latifi for such a brave move, but he is getting KOed badly in this one ...
Ya never know. Derek has a tendency to just lay in his back when he gets taken down. Latifi could grapple his way to a victory.

Latifi gets smoked here unless he tries to wrestle for 15 minutes

Latifi has terrible cardio.

I think he'll rock Lewis but then get ko'ed when he goes in for the kill.

I mean Derrick Lewis really isn’t that good. Slow, shitty footwork/head movement, can’t defend against wrestlers.

one thing I will say tho is he seems to have shitty cardio, but I think that’s just because he’s so slow in the cage. But he tends to outlast other guys somehow.

Latifi also has shit cardio. He probably dominates the first round before sucking wind and losing a decision or in round 3

Lewis looked better in his last fight speed/cardio wise. He dropped about 15 pounds of fat and talked afterwards about wanting to drop more as well.

You saw Stipe do something similar. 240-250 seems to be the sweet spot for HW's. Derrick Lewis used to walk around at 275-280 prior to his last fight.

I got my bet placed.

Back