Lately I’ve been wondering if some are you are MMA fans

Seriously tho, I watch everything; every fight night, every pay-per-view; the early prelims thru the main event. If I miss it, I watch it on replay at a place no one needs to know about, so I pretty much catch it all. REMEMBERING IT is a separate issue. This will surprise many of you, but occasionally I will partake of the devil's lettuce if the circumstances are right. And I gotta say, I love my ganja but I will admit it's not the greatest thing for your memory :confused:;)

Some people won’t watch unless there favorite fighter is on. I guess you’re right though, none ya are casuals if we are on here.
Well yeah that obviously. But I think dude was talking about you saying you wanted a "intellectual conversation" and then the next sentence he picked out makes no grammatical sense. I believe you meant to spell "of" but you threw another "are" in there. It was a good burn, but I agree with you on the whole. Maybe shouldn't picked ol Connie as an example tho. That little Irishmen triggers a lot of fat Americans :D

I thought your dipshitass was gonna talk about the cock suckers that talk about A level athletes and shit on MMA fans as F level athletes. Then you'd have a case. This? The guy with the most cancerous fans in MMA? Disgusting OP. Specially when those cancerous fans care more about their boy Clownner than they do MMA. The same guy who held two divisions hostage by not fighting and defending the belts. And we're supposed to be sad he's gone? The divisions are prospering without him. CCC is different. At least he fought.

Not to mention Cancer fans are more fans of his money than actual fighting. Just look at how they brag that he still makes more $$$ than Khabib. And we're supposed to be sad that's gone? Fuck that.
And here we have an autist, in his natural habitat.

I see this comparison to fans of NFL teams and NBA teams, and I couldn't agree less lol. Most fans like a team because the represent geographical areas that people take pride in being from. Not to mention the cultures, history and tradition that these teams have considering they have been around for decades longer than MMA. There are also bandwagon fans who only like the winning team, but even that is rare in MMA as popularity hasn't shown to be effected by success. I'm not saying you can't be a fan of MMA and still have a favorite fighter, but I think a lot of fans I see only like certain fighters and barely even pay attention to anything else. You would rarely see a fan of a Footabll or Basketball team have no real interest in the sport. Just my take on it though.
I dunno man. Personally I say I like baseball but I can only watch the Braves. ONLY the Braves; any other team and I get bored and tap out. MMA, however, is an art as well as a sport. I love it. Fighters paint beautiful motions and display technique and heart and flow. They're like motionscapes; living breathing, moving pictures that come together to create gorgeous impacts upon one another, sprinkled in blood. There's really nothing sweeter than a cold left hook to the body. I'll watch pretty much any bums who step into the cage, but what I really enjoy is the high level stuff. That's where you see the good art. And it is timeless. I love MMA.

Lately I’ve been wondering if some of you are MMA fans or just fans of a specific fighter. What are your thoughts, are you an MMA fan or watch this beautiful sport for a certain fighter?

I’ve seen people glad that Cejudo, Conor, etc are retired. How the fuck are you a fan of the sport if you don’t want to see these two fight? These are just examples, doesn’t mean I’m a fan of these guys.

Also, how can you not want prospects to prosper? It makes the sport more exciting. Not bitching, just want to have an intellectual discussion. Perhaps, I’m wrong.

I guess, if you find yourself only watching when a certain fighter is on, that’s the hint.
MMA fans have always shitten on their own sport, nothing new. Actually, this board have gotten more respectfull to the sport and is alot better now than before. Believe it or not. People have been alot more knowledgable about the history and its legends.

I dunno man. Personally I say I like baseball but I can only watch the Braves. ONLY the Braves; any other team and I get bored and tap out. MMA, however, is an art as well as a sport. I love it. Fighters paint beautiful motions and display technique and heart and flow. They're like motionscapes; living breathing, moving pictures that come together to create gorgeous impacts upon one another, sprinkled in blood. There's really nothing sweeter than a cold left hook to the body. I'll watch pretty much any bums who step into the cage, but what I really enjoy is the high level stuff. That's where you see the good art. And it is timeless. I love MMA.
Really nice way of putting it. Yeah its a beautifull sport. It mirrors life in a way.

Well yeah that obviously. But I think dude was talking about you saying you wanted a "intellectual conversation" and then the next sentence he picked out makes no grammatical sense. I believe you meant to spell "of" but you threw another "are" in there. It was a good burn, but I agree with you on the whole. Maybe shouldn't picked ol Connie as an example tho. That little Irishmen triggers a lot of fat Americans :D
Come on, my grammar is good, mate. I’m on my phone.

As a filthy casual promising up & comers are one of the most exciting things in this sport. And I mainly get to know those reading this board. But at the same time, as a filthy casual, I'm never gonna watch some fights they crammed up to fill their number of fights per card.

I hate it, I tune in and spend a disproportionate amount of my time watching it and discussing it because I'm itretrievablybirretrievably brain. Lol.

I’ve seen people glad that Cejudo, Conor, etc are retired. How the fuck are you a fan of the sport if you don’t want to see these two fight?

Conor has fought twice since November 2016. I'd argue that part of being glad he's retired could be based on wanting to see fighters fight.

People react extremely because of anonymity on an internet forum. Most of them don't really feel as extremely as they write they do.

Others have voiced their same opinion for so long that they cannot, or will not, change it for any reason. They are too emotionally tied to it and simply cannot view another perspective anymore. This happens a lot to opinions about favorite fighters, which prevents them from seeing greatness anywhere else than their favorite fighters (arachnophilia :p).

Plenty of love to go around in MMA, no need to focus on only 1.

100% agreed.

I like pretty much every fighter, with RARE exceptions like Joe Son who are horrible criminals.

I like Jones for his IQ and what he brought to the game. DC for his ability to overcome his small height (+ his slams). Conor for his funny nature and beautiful striking. Khabib for his smeshing. Ferg for his insanity. Gaethje for his improvements and style. Woodley for his explosion. Masvidal for many reasons lol. Usman for his cagework and wrestling. Maia for his humbleness and BJJ. Etc. Etc.

I like them all and just want to see the best fights possible skill-wise. I DON'T watch for entertainment only; I watch for skill and to see the best fighters on earth. Fighting is such a primal part of all of us, so it's awesome to watch.

Which is why it's weird that people want prospects to fail. Or want super skilled guys like Cejudo to stay retire.

And some people on here quite frankly creep me out with their obsession for certain fighters. Creep ME out! The weirdo with the My Little Pony profile pic. I can't tell if it's trolling, or they're legitimately ready to get on their knees and give the best blow job ever given (not that there's anything wrong with gay blowjobs haha).

Since I basically don't give a fuck anymore...

@Hitto Your obsession is definitely creepy. I don't know if it's trolling or not (I hope it is), but your behavior would weird out most normal people.

@Ackmed I think you're trolling, but you're quite the weird poster too

@Final Say I actually like you, since I'm a big fan of Stipe too, but you often give the impression that you'd gladly let Stipe impregnate you haha

@gono btw I also like you. But let's be real, you're quite the oddball too, and it's no surprise you've been banned before.

@FrenchHeavyWeight You're the one who's obsessed with Ngannou, right? Because I remember being downright confused at some of the stuff you'd post.

This site has AWESOME posters too. But goddamn, some of you fit the stereotype of online forum users perfectly.

You claim to "not give a fuck anymore" while writing a 10+ paragraph meltdown tagging specific posters who don't even know you.

<36>

Only MMA fans I know are the people who comment live on Sherdog forums for every event from Early Prelims to Main event.
<CanYouSeeMeNow>

Long time MMA fan. Yes I have favorite fighters and I also have some disdain for fighters. Perfect example is Brock. I hated him. I was elated to see him lose and glad when he left. Now that wasn't good for MMA and the UFC and also doesn't make me any less of a MMA fan. I think we all bring some of that to the table as fans. I support the sport from a financial stand point while others who are huge fans never spend a dime supporting it. Regardless we are still fans.

I've become a casual and only watch the big fights from start to finish. All the rest I just catch the Finishes from @KazDibiase gif threads

Lately I’ve been wondering if some of you are MMA fans or just fans of a specific fighter. What are your thoughts, are you an MMA fan or watch this beautiful sport for a certain fighter?

I’ve seen people glad that Cejudo, Conor, etc are retired. How the fuck are you a fan of the sport if you don’t want to see these two fight? These are just examples, doesn’t mean I’m a fan of these guys.

Also, how can you not want prospects to prosper? It makes the sport more exciting. Not bitching, just want to have an intellectual discussion. Perhaps, I’m wrong.

I guess, if you find yourself only watching when a certain fighter is on, that’s the hint.

Honestly, the quality of MMA has got better. It's just the fanbase that has got worse.

Come on, my grammar is good, mate. I’m on my phone.
LOL Dude I went back and checked. You were fine. That other guy quoted you wrong, like a dumbass. I take it all back, man. My apologies
tenor.gif

Back