larry holmes is amazing

If I am half the Mod Tam was, it will. And him being back doesn't hurt, unless you disagree with him. lol

Hehe

I was a shit mod and all this lip service keeps me the most hated man on SHerdog boxing/

Uh huh, and the little giggle there lets me know you like it.

Im a whore, remember? Even whore's need love too.

It's all good. I'm honestly glad you're back here, I think having good diplomatic relations (key on "relations") between BWBS and The Dog is a good thing.

hoarding turns allure to discontent
altruism's a grind all its own
morning makes you know your inner self
but love is just as pure as you both because
it's reciprocal, it's reciprocal

when true love is ****physical
venal desires we learn to beset
you and me we've got a special thing
but I want you to never forget

each bedtime I stir with regret
guilty and vain, hoping for retribution
charity's immune from my demands
I don't expect a thing from the weak
but you my love are measured and compared
predisposed to my profane decree

Hehe

I was a shit mod and all this lip service keeps me the most hated man on SHerdog boxing/

rubio was more hated than you were.

I watched holmes/cooney in a room full of people cheering cooney like crazy, then when he got knocked out there wasn't a peep in the room, confusing for a 9 yr old.

Posted by Happyboy "Or lunching over a car to smack Berbick!! "

What do you mean lunching? he was eating on the car and it was midday? From what i recall and i must have been 9 or 10 at the time it was night time and he ran over the roof of the car to do a WWF style elbow smash on Berbick who was talking to a TV man. Very embarrasing as Holmes had to be like 42. It looked like a bad stunt from The Fall Guy. Like seeing your grandpa trying to be a action hero

Haven't watched any Holmes now that I'm older, but back then I thought he was very overrated. I remember him fighting a lot of 'prospects' before they were ready to be real challengers, like Witherspoon. Actually, I thought Witherspoon beat him.

I think of Holmes as a good fighter who was lucky to be in a weak era. Too bad his and Tyson's prime years weren't together.

Look out, we got a funny man in here. Everybody sit back and laugh at him.

What do you mean lunching? he was eating on the car and it was midday? From what i recall and i must have been 9 or 10 at the time it was night time and he ran over the roof of the car to do a WWF style elbow smash on Berbick who was talking to a TV man. Very embarrasing as Holmes had to be like 42. It looked like a bad stunt from The Fall Guy. Like seeing your grandpa trying to be a action hero

The word I was looking for was "launching".

Berbick is a funny one. He is gonna go down in history as "that guy who got knocked down 3 times by one punch from a 20 year old"!!

Haven't watched any Holmes now that I'm older, but back then I thought he was very overrated. I remember him fighting a lot of 'prospects' before they were ready to be real challengers, like Witherspoon. Actually, I thought Witherspoon beat him.

I think of Holmes as a good fighter who was lucky to be in a weak era. Too bad his and Tyson's prime years weren't together.

I thought he was underrated, in fact I think thats the general consensus of him in hindsight.

Prime vs. prime I think Tyson would have had trouble not eating about a million of Larry's jabs!!

I thought he was underrated, in fact I think thats the general consensus of him in hindsight.

Prime vs. prime I think Tyson would have had trouble not eating about a million of Larry's jabs!!

Like I said, I admit to not having watched a Holmes fight in years. Do I remember correctly that most people back then felt he was handpicking easy opponents, and that the pickings were pretty slim?

I just remember him always complaing about a lack of respect, then saying something stupid to disrespect another fighter. I've seen interviews with him recently, seems to have humbled a bit. More likeable than when he was fighting.

I like how Holmes was able to predict (and not because i hate Mike): "In five years Tyson will either be dead or in jail..."
I believe it was after their fight and at the time thought it was just sour grapes/sore loserness on Holmes' part. Sure enough in said time Mike was incarcerated and i wondered what Larry saw in him to make such a call. With a Godzilla-esque head-to-body proportion Larry had some brains.

larry sings him a bedtime story.

Back