laptop screen won't turn on...

yo I dont know if you had roomates or not but one time my asshole roomate changed the background to black and hid all the icons and stuff, took OfficeMax 2 hours to figure it out just a head up

ha! that'd be hilarious, but unlikely the problem due to the fact that he's still got no output when he hooks it up to an external monitor. best bet; try to get it replaced if you still have warranty. if not, you could probably get a new one for about $300-400 that's decent.

yo I dont know if you had roomates or not but one time my asshole roomate changed the background to black and hid all the icons and stuff, took OfficeMax 2 hours to figure it out just a head up

That is hilarious. My friends did a similar thing to their roommate. They took an image of the regular desktop and set that as the desktop background and hid everything so he would try to click something but nothing would work.

hmm. do u have the image saved on ur comp or are you right clicking and clicking set desktop background? If it's the latter, maybe your comp has some preferences modified so it doesn't save image caches or something along those lines.

If that's the case and you don't want to change those preferences, you can
save the image
right click desktop
personalize
desktop background
and then find the file.

none of that worked....oh well im stuck with blue lol

apparently you cant change backgrounds on acer aspire ones...due to windows 7 starter...gayyyyyyyyyyy

only one way to deal with this problem
Frustrated-computer-user-punching-through-laptop1.jpg

Sorry to be a downer, but I think your GPU is fried. Well, the soldering has melted on the back of the chip. I have seen this several times. It is basically the same thing as the "red ring of death" on XBox. You can have it reflowed, but it will eventually happen again. The only fix is to have it reballed, and that is more expensive than the cost of a new laptop. Basically, have someone pull out the hardrive, and memory. Transfer your files from the hard drive, and then try to sell the memory. You can also try to sell the whole thing for parts. After getting your info off the hard drive, and reformatting it of course.

apparently you cant change backgrounds on acer aspire ones...due to windows 7 starter...gayyyyyyyyyyy
Actually you can change the background of Windows 7 starter BUT it involves some tinkering that any average PC users wouldn't know what to do.

I don't get why MS would lock out people from being able to change the background on it. It is laughable that that is one of the limitations of Win 7 Starter edition lol

Back