Lanky fighters unite!!

Pros:

Reach, especially my jab and front leg middlekicks are good. Groundwise my guard is my best strenght and i'm pretty limber too, i sprawl like BJ Penn ( Only less 1337 :') )

Cons:

I get fucking leglocked all the time. My legs are like 2 meters long.

Can't lankys and stockys just get a long? As I am stocky, I will keep a close eye on this thread.

mate us stocky's can just cut off the ring and explode with a hook to there ribcage, after all we know there isn't much protection there on a lanky fighter :icon_chee

j/k everyone don't take it serious

Damn you lanky f*ckers with your jabs and thai clinches!
Now piss off and go play basketball. lol

my pro's are:

1. I have a good chin
2. good judo base
3. likes to do submissions from the clinch

my con's are:

1. not a very technical striker
2. cardio is suspect

stats:
5'11
155 lbs
catchwrestling
27 yrs old

What if your not stocky, but not lanky either? Can we get a thread?

UK lanky MT reporting in
6'5''

Pros
1 Reach
2 Jab
3 Uppercuts
4 Knees

Cons
Cardio
Maintaining distance whilst throwing combinations
likes brawling

6 ft 2in, 175-180, 77in reach. Better yet, 35in inseam and 31.5 armpit to fingertip.

Pros:

1. jab, jab, jab!
2. Philly shell is great for hiding reach, decieving for shorter fighters!
3. Front leg high kicks, keeps shorter guys even further back and if they jump in they eat a straight cross.
4. Clinch! I can knee guys in the face pretty easy while having a body lock (underhooks).
5. Flying knees...... Even if I am open short guys cant reach my chin.
6. I can throw a high kick from the opposite corner (35in inseam).
7. punch volume! I throw far more punches than the shorter fighter, jabs and tip/tap punching to frustrate them! Or make them overconfident charging in....... Bang!
8. I can throw elbows in most guys boxing range. I.E: uppercut, overhand elbow!

Cons:

1. Harder to get off the ropes.
2. If I am being offensive, It is easy to overstep and crowd myself, lose my base to the shorter fighter.
3. Body shots and inside/outside knees in the thighs.
4. Punch volume can be a con as well, later rounds I get more fatigued sometimes.

Oh yeah,

My favorite "new trick" opponent throws a sloppy, slow, or telegraphed teep kick. As a taller fighter with reach, I can counter with a quick straight right. Once the timing is down it is easy

I'm a pretty lanky guy. 6'6" and walk around at about 190.

Pros
1) Quick jab
2) Hard leg kicks
3) Knees

Cons
1) Sprawl
2) Passing guard

I spose i could be considered as lanky, 6 foot and 140 lbs, but i don't think i could have much less weight on me tbh, i'm the lankiest geezer where i train anyway, probably because my legs are 5'9 of my 6'. :icon_lol:

Best attributes - Long long legs, so axe kicks really mess people up because i seem a mile out and then wham!

Worst - My arms don't seem to properly cover my body so i get tagged with crap punches ALOT! Or that could just be my diabolical guard?!

6'5" and walk around at 175lbs. Training exclusively MT.

Pros:
-Most people have to figure out a way to deal with me, not the other way around
-Long legs seem to generate a lot more power behind kicks even though they are scrawny
-can initiate a clinch at a distance most people are barely reaching striking distance.. MUHAHAHAHAHA

CONS:
-Instructors are all short and tend to teach how to fight like them (i.e. fight short)
-grew quickly = bad joints = injury prone. Had to pretty much give up all grappling after too many gruesome torques and dislocations. And on that note:
-Nightmares about the Corey Hill leg snap

I like to punch you lanky guys in the body.

I need to use my reach. I seem to want to stand and bang instead of working the outside. The reach does give me a big advantage with the use of stop hits and counters though.

Lanky striker here!

1) I've got good knees because of my long legs, really powerful.
2) I can fight at range and in close - lanky fighters usually only good at fighting at range so this is a surprise for people.

could improve - my right kick has become really shit recently and i have no idea why. I'm right handed but my left kick is stronger just now :s

I like to punch you lanky guys in the body.

It's funny, this is something I focus on in sparring - good way of changing things up. everyone expects a left-right-leg kick combo so you give 'em that a few times then feign the jab, hook to the liver (bas style) and finish with a straight knee. never landed the finishing knee yet because my timing is terrible but one day...!

1.) Long Reach
2.) Hard hitting

Weaknesses:
1.) My dick is too long and thick

Back