"LANCE" 30 for 30...is ESPN seriously trying to resurrect this chode's relevance?

Do you like Lance Armstong?

• Total voters

brackis1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just saw they're promoting this as their latest 30 for 30 melodrama turdumentary. Does anyone here actually like this tool? Him and Ryan Braun both got caught threatening and slandering random people while trying to hide steroid use, but both seem beloved by the Karen crowd.
Does anyone here give a shit about Lance Armstrong and why?

I mean...... it wouldn't surprise me.

I kind of get people moving on from Ryan Braun. Baseball people have gotten so used to cheating and PEDs that MOST people almost expect it.

Plus, Braun served his suspension, came back and last I heard he has remained quiet about it since coming back. Braun is also partially lucky he is a Brewer. ARod caught so much shit cause of his contract and being a Yankee. And I know he took him deep later, but I love this:

Having a story to tell doesn't necessarily mean "trying to resurrect".

I ain't watching that, but looking forward to Bruce Lee and McGwire/Sosa.

GOAT Athlete with 58 tour de frances won while everyone else was one steroids too

plus he did it with 1 nut

American Hero

Ha! Remember these things? Seemed like everybody was wearing one of them. Then he got busted and boom, no more rubber bracelets

lead_large.jpg

I see "Karen" is the new word that the forum is going to be using in every single post whether it belongs or not, joining past greats like cuck, incel, white knight and jumping the shark

Just saw they're promoting this as their latest 30 for 30 melodrama turdumentary. Does anyone here actually like this tool? Him and Ryan Braun both got caught threatening and slandering random people while trying to hide steroid use, but both seem beloved by the Karen crowd.
Does anyone here give a shit about Lance Armstrong and why?
Besides threatening people I think Brauns use is know where near the level of fucked up shit Lance did. And also at the highest level of a huge international sport. But anyway, I’ll watch it.

GOAT Athlete with 58 tour de frances won while everyone else was one steroids too

plus he did it with 1 nut

American Hero
Damn 58 Tour de Frances won! He was riding while in the womb!

Lance was raised by his mom because his deadbeat dad checked out.
Athletic phenom at an early age, driven to prove something to himself, to the world.
The drive became an ugly obsession leading him down a drug laden road of cheating.

Ironically, modern physiologists doubt how much benefit he actually derived from EPO. Blood bags are another story.
No doubt a top tier athlete and top tier asshole as well.
Perfect illustration of 'win at any cost' and also 'people love a winner' syndromes.

I don't think it matters whether someone likes him or not. It will likely remain the biggest scandal the sport of cycling will ever see. Seems perfectly reasonable to produce a documentary on him.

I like him fine.

I dont give a fuck about whom takes what, ESPECIALLY, a non combat sport. He peddles a fucking bike, for christs sake. The hell would i dislike him, much less hate?

Best part about his history with racing is the fact that a shit load of cyclists do the same thing. He did it best. So what.

I don't think it matters whether someone likes him or not. It will likely remain the biggest scandal the sport of cycling will ever see. Seems perfectly reasonable to produce a documentary on him.

Festina scandal almost ended cycling and included arrests.

Opercion Puerto could have been much bigger but thanks to the obstructionist Spanish judicial system Piti lived on to become a world champion.

For all of those saying that Pharmstrong was on the same stuff as everyone else and still won, you're uninformed.

Before he got cancer, he was on the 'the same stuff' as everyone else and what it got him was 1 world championship, one Fleche Walloone, 2 tour stages and a massive ass kicking in the Tour de France. While on EPO, TST, stimulents and HGH, he was loosing 7mins in TTs to BigMig.

His tours didn't have him doing the 'same stuff as others'. He had several advantages. I'll just throw out a few:

- Moto man, when the police were following riders and teams and prevented others from getting their transfusions - pharmstrong had motoMan.

- By 2004 others had caught up to what the uniballer was doing and he was losing to Tyler and Mayo , so he called in the UCI to threaten them. The UCI had no evidence of their cheating but basically gave them the 'well Lance told us you must be doing something because now he can't beat you so you better watch it, we're watching you'.

- advanced notice that there would be blood tests for his team, that no one else got.

- payed off the UCI to bury the positive test.

And, the biggest question out there is whether he used an electric motor. The availability lines up with his return from cancer (1998).

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-investigates-hidden-motors-and-pro-cycling-2/

Festina scandal almost ended cycling and included arrests.

Opercion Puerto could have been much bigger but thanks to the obstructionist Spanish judicial system Piti lived on to become a world champion.
Interesting. I'm by no means a cycling expert and am not attempting to insist that my assertion is correct. In your opinion, were one or both of those incidents bigger deals?

Interesting. I'm by no means a cycling expert and am not attempting to insist that my assertion is correct. In your opinion, were one or both of those incidents bigger deals?

tough to say. The 1998 Festina scandal almost stopped the tour. the Police were raiding teams for illegal drugs, and the riders sat in protest, threatening not to race. it was a bad scene.

Operacion Peurto involved a lot of big names using a fertility doctor in Spain. Lucky for them the judge sealed the blood bags. That was definitely much bigger sonce it involved pro tennis players (almost certainly Nadal) and soccer players. Jesus Manzano -- who almost died as a result of being given someone else's blood -- said that he walked into Fuentes' office one day for his injections and he saw half the Barcelona football team there.

Last edited:
FWIW - there is a sherdogger that is an internet legend on the topic of Pharmstrong and doping.

@dimspace

tough to say. The 1998 Festina scandal almost stopped the tour. the Police were raiding teams for illegal drugs, and the riders sat in protest, threatening not to race. it was a bad scene.

Operacion Peurto involved a lot of big names using a fertility doctor in Spain. Lucky for them the judge sealed the blood bags. That was definitely much bigger sonce it involved pro tennis players (almost certainly Nadal) and soccer players. Jesus Manzano -- who died as a result of being given someone else's blood -- said that he walked into Fuentes' office one day for his injections and he saw half the Barcelona football team there.
Jeezus. Just went through the wiki's on both. Operacion Peurto in particular is crazy.

Back